Kevin Aymoz | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Kevin Aymoz

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw that the rink in Courchevel has opened. No matter where he is, at least he has ice and is seemingly happy!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pics of Kevin in Courchevel, on ice, off ice
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAtZCB7or_Z/

Brian J and team are joining next week!

Also found this interview (French):

Kevin Aymoz is one of the members of the French team to resume training this Monday in Courchevel.

Monday in Courchevel, several members of the French figure skating team regout (finally) in ice training. The French federation (FFSG) organized this rally to allow the best French to resume as quickly as possible.

Starting this week, Maïa Mazzara, Kevin Aymoz, the couple Cléo Hamon and Denys Strekalyn, and the dancers Adelina Galyavieva and Louis Thauron, are supervised by Françoise Bonnard and Claude Thévenard. They are to be joined next week by Léa Serna, Adam Siao Him Fa and their coach Brian Joubert.

Aymoz, who lived in an unfinished and contrasted season (his first medal in a major tournament at the Grand Prix Final, the 26th place in the European Championships ), was eager to bank up his skates.

How did the containment go for you?
I spent the first three weeks of confinement in Florida (where he usually trains, with John Zimmerman and Silvia Fontana). When they announced the containment in France, I followed it even if in the United States, they didn't really do it. I really went out as little as possible, I did my shopping once a week. After three weeks, I realized that the Americans were not doing the same thing, and that it might be better to return to France to be closer to my family in case something happens. And to be covered in terms of insurance if something happens to me. I returned and stayed with my parents (near Grenoble).

Were you able to work during this period?
When I was still in the United States, my fitness trainer came three times a week, we did the sessions outside, right outside my house. In France, it was very complicated, you have to motivate yourself, I was in a small village where there is not much and not many people. Every day, I had John and Silvia, we did video exercises and I did an hour of physical maintenance on my own.

Were you impatient to get back to training?
The last two weeks have been very long. The federation was doing the maximum but we were really not sure how we were going to be able to resume. Last week, the federation called to say that we could skate in Courchevel. I love being on ice so much that before I even thought about the competition, I was just too happy to be able to touch up the ice.

What are your objectives for these first sessions?
I start with new skates (which require time to adapt) . It’s really going to be basic, sliding, getting used to ice again, having consistency, stability. Françoise Bonnard, my trainer when I was little, is there with Maia (Mazzara), I will be able to have her eye. That's good, especially for a recovery.

Do you know when you can find your coaches, John Zimmerman and Silvia Fontana?
The date is very vague. For the moment, I am in Courchevel until the end of June. Then, we will pray that the borders reopen and that I can prepare the season with my coaches. It would be nice if we could all be together, it will be harder if I arrive later in the season."

https://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-art...content-de-pouvoir-retoucher-la-glace/1137482

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There hasn't been any announcement of this season's programs. I want him to keep Lighthouse. :)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wouldn't mind if he got 2 new ones. I preferred his 2018-19 programs over last season. So if he wants to brings those back..........

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wouldn't mind if he got 2 new ones. I preferred his 2018-19 programs over last season. So if he wants to brings those back..........

I love those too. But I want 'In this Shirt' for the Olympic season.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love those too. But I want 'In this Shirt' for the Olympic season.

For the Olympic season he definitely needs new programs. I'm only a fan of going back to old ones if the new ones don't work out but at least make an effort to get new programs. This season it's understandable but I wouldn't want him (or any skater) going through his career with recycled programs.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Happy Birthday. :hb: I hope Kevin has a wonderful day. Hopefully he is still in France and he can celebrate with his family and friends.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure what the rules are pertaining to a skating program to an acapella piece, but I would LOVE to see Kevin skate to the Pentatonix version of "Sound of Silence". I bet he would slay that.