Kevin Aymoz | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Kevin Aymoz

Imov

Medalist
I heard from the commentators he does his own choreography.
Wow that is some talent he has there. Making the moves and getting it done.
And I had no idea he was so squishy tiny.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Oh, this is so good. I remember seeing Kevin for the first timein 2015 junior events and that shirtography he had in his FS left a permanent impring on my brain.

The following years it was not always a delight to see him skate, struggling with tech and sometimes just getting through the FS one way or another. It is just amazing what the time in Florida has done to his skating - it is not that long. The confidence that he has with his elements, the overall quality getting better, and these developments resulting in him being able to take on the interpretation and get to such wonderful heights as this weekend!

My fave Prince choreo ever, the spirit of the choreo matching the mood of the music just perfectly. The contrast between the SP and FS - how many skaters out there actually get away with programs that are so different? The FS just as amazing as the SP.

I hope he stays healthy and keeps on getting better!

E

asiacheetah

On the Ice
I haven't really watched Kevin before. When I watched his ACI FS, at his wildly fluxuating jump axis, I got shades of Javi. :laugh2:

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I heard from the commentators he does his own choreography.
Wow that is some talent he has there. Making the moves and getting it done.
And I had no idea he was so squishy tiny.

He's super talented - I think he's also a champion diabolo thrower (or something similar - a circus skill of some sort).

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've made a thread for the Masters de Patinage 2019 here for those who have access to the competition forums. The competition starts on Thursday!

Ruthypegs, were you thinking of baton twirling? He's been a national champion and everybody is just waiting for him to do an exhibition program that incorporates the baton... :love:

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Kevin deserves a more active fan fest, he's absolutely amazing! I fell in love with him last season and this one has solidified my love.

Okay his short program in France could have gone better, I was absolutely gutted that he messed up his combo in the short but omg it did not detract from the performance at all! Still my favourite of the day by far. His choreography honestly puts everyone else to shame in men's skating as far as I'm concerned, nobody is dancing on ice like him right now. Of all the performances it's the only one I plan to watch again (hopefully with the music lol, that's the problem with Prince, but I watched him skate without it a couple of weeks ago and it was still mesmerising.)

Even with the mistake he's still managed 3rd in the short, I really hope he can pull off a clean free and win a medal in his home country. I'm rooting for him to qualify for the Grand Prix final but it won't be easy.

:pray::pray::pray:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Everyone has bad skates (I haven't seen it, just got up and may... weasel out) so there's every hope the FS will go better...

The lost combo was a shame! The choreography was a masterpiece for such a music and his performance was top notch. I can not accept that his PCS is lower than Nathan and Samarin :noshake: I know he had a major fall but still that PCS is really low compared to the other two.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats on bronze or whatever blue plastic paperweight they are giving this year!

He was so happy, so emotional :love::laugh:

ETA: OMG, they got medals :eek: And not like the ones from the year they held GPF :eek:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah I saw. Thank goodness not the cheap cardboard looking ones from the time I went to GP France in Paris and the ones from GPF.

And his crying! LOL

So am I :laugh::luv17: Thank you Kevin, for being the most uplifting and lovely thing about the two-act tragedy that was IdF 19.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I am hoping they are actually real medals, not of enamel coated plastic discs bought from Aliexpress.. :unsure: I have some doubts as they looked awfully flimsy :rolleye:

All the same his podium finish was the happiest moment of IdF, Sylvia Fontana was practically me as he finished his FS!
His Ex number seems to have a story - does anyone know and can tell a little about it?

Oh!!! This is my 1000th post... yay moi :party2: