Kevin Aymoz | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Kevin Aymoz

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Today I re-watched Kevin's performances from SC - I think that currently there is no other skater with such sublime contemporary music feel in movement like him. The way he engages, commits into the music and choreography can be not only seen, but felt from his fingertips to the core.

I think that his both programs are my faves among men, mainly due this rare, addictive combination of novelty, originality, fresh, contemporary approach towards material and musical choices with his natural, organic way of movement that adapts so many factors and gives out muli-dimensional experience. Both programs are perfectly different in presenting Kevin's performance skills, variety of them (one more dynamic and edgy, another one more 'spiritual' and deeper) and both accommodate his skating, superb dancer's quality in it. And he is so authentic, sincere, raw with emotion in both of them... It is so refreshing to see choreography treated in such 'unrehearsed' way, with sensibility and engagement coming from skater in such strong way - his pauses, how he extends movement, how he holds pose, element, how he expresses highs and lows of the music are telling the story, narrating performance in a way that gets deep into the audience; watching him, even from the telephone screen, awakes something inside me, makes me feel of witnessing something special, true to its core and identity.

What I love is that these unique transitions do not overpower performance, making it too much of a clutter or overthought - his team made a tremendous effort to gave Kevin an aesthetic of a creative freedom: with structure and substance, but allowing him to flow and create these little moments of magic (like hydroblade variation, spread-eagle transitions, twizzles, aerials) that add to the spectacular, unique, unforgettable effect overall.

I am with everyone expressing shock over his PCS underscoring - yes, his elements as for technical side can seem a bit rough and unpolished, but his programs' composition, performance quity, interpretation with musicality are rivaling top guys in my opinion. He makes music alive and moving in my opinion and he gets into performance one hundred percent, not having that calcuating feel of moving through the motion with programs being detached to them.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm late to this thread, I became a fan of Kevin this season, after seeing his "In This Shirt" program, and he's fast become my favorite skater! I hope this is his season to break out big, and I hope for great results at the world championships.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Very late to this thread, but I share everyone’s appreciation of Kevin’s skating and his programs this season. I became a huge fan after seeing him in person at SC. He captivated the audience with both of his performances, and I totally agree with NNF that he has an ability to move with the music and make it come alive in a unique and beautiful way. I hope he has great success this season.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Very late to this thread, but I share everyone’s appreciation of Kevin’s skating and his programs this season. I became a huge fan after seeing him in person at SC. He captivated the audience with both of his performances, and I totally agree with NNF that he has an ability to move with the music and make it come alive in a unique and beautiful way. I hope he has great success this season.

I soooo hope he'll get the Euros spot! :drama:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
congratulations (i know i'm late) to kevin, new national champion :dance: (so with no doubt he'll be at euros)

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Better late than never, but Congrats to Kevin on the National Championship! Hope that he skates cleanly at Worlds, I really want to see him own the ice with his long program!

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm so happy he has got his jumps in order - that is the only thing he lacked; he used to make me nervous every time he was about to jump, but not today.

Awesome performance.:)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Kevin Aymoz is coming to the Challenge Cup in The Hague next month! I sooooo hope he’ll bring his skills to the skating battle on Sunday!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
he was just great, one of the best performances of the day. finger crossed for tomorrow :pray: