2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb General Info

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wait, so when is this event being held?

I was under the impression it's going to be from Dec 2nd - Dec 5th. However, the ISU event page you have linked above says the event is Dec 9th through Dec 12th. What's up with that?

Isn't it usually the same weekend as GPF?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Alex D

Record Breaker
12th are the nationals in Germany, so I doubt they would go somewhere else then.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
What a confusing situation! All the changes and now that strange date on the events list but it is shown every where else as 2 - 5 December. I'm still hoping for a live stream with all of the high level skaters participating.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great news. What about tickets? Thank you.
I emailed the federation, but did not get any answer. It looks like I will be able to go for 2 day of competition.

Sorry she said nothing about tickets.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Schedule

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

All day Official Practices
15:00 Technical Panel Meetings
17:00 Team Leaders Meeting
18:00 Referees and TC Meeting
18:30 Judges Draw and Meeting
19:00 Draws

Thursday, December 3, 2015
06:00 Official Practices
15:00 Ice Dance – Short Dance
17:00 Pairs – Short Program
19:00 OPENING CEREMONY
19:45 Men – Short Program

Friday, December 4, 2015
14:00 Ladies – Short Program
17:00 Pairs – Free Skating
19:30 Men – Free Skating
22:50 Victory Ceremony – Men, Pairs
23:00 Technical Panel Review – Men, Pairs

Saturday, December 5, 2015
08:00 RTD Men, Pairs
13:00 Ice Dance – Free Dance
15:00 Technical Panel Review – Ice Dance
15:00 Ladies – Free Skating
16:00 RTD Ice Dance
18:30 Victory Ceremony – Ladies, Ice Dance
19:00 Technical Panel Review - Ladies
20:00 RTD Ladies
20:00 GALA

Sackie

Medalist
And the only Can entry is Liam Firus. There are several ladies that could have been entered as well as Paradis/ouellet or Callins/Firus or Orford/Hill in dance. Orford/Hill really had a great showing in their first event and would be nice to see how they have improved.

Olympic

On the Ice
I also looked for Sotnikova, because of the rumor upthread. But the list is updated as of 11-25 and no Sotnikova. Only Leonov.

More importantly, Russia has no substitutions if I'm looking at the entry list correctly. When is the deadline to enter?? The competition is scheduled to start in 2 days

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I also looked for Sotnikova, because of the rumor upthread. But the list is updated as of 11-25 and no Sotnikova. Only Leonov.

More importantly, Russia has no substitutions if I'm looking at the entry list correctly. When is the deadline to enter?? The competition is scheduled to start in 2 days

Is it starting in 2 days? The event page says it's the following weekend, Dec 9th thru 12th...

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051670.htm

Anyhow, I wouldn't read too much into what's on the ISU site. If they were concerned about updating the entries list for accuracy, I assume they would update the correct dates for the event too.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^Dates were changed to this coming week. I guess the ISU was too lazy to update it :slink: