2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb General Info | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb General Info

ice coverage

Record Breaker
So I wonder if this will even end up on IceNetwork.

Really the ISU should at least have a clause that if there is footage, they get it and get to post it. Frankly the ISU should require all Senior B and up events are on IceNetwork... but ohh well. ...

But if you're referring to video of Golden Spin, no reason in the first place for it to show up on IN.

The only Challenger video available on IN is from the US Classic, AFAIK.

If IN wants to purchase the rights to other Challenger events, great.

But I don't see why the ISU should require federations to give video (for free) to a for-profit enterprise such as IN.

Rhaenys

Spectator
I mean, I don't mind if they want to charge for online, exclusive streams. I understand that money is helpful, and depending how the money was used and where it would go, I would actually in general be happy to pay for high quality streaming of events. But I think a realistic price point is something that must be considered. I would have happily paid 10 euro to watch all 3 days of this competition. But to pay 10 Euro for each day, when I can't even watch part of Friday live even if I wanted to? Thanks but no thanks. And honestly too, I am in the very lucky position that I could pay that much if I really wanted to/really thought it was worth it... many people aren't in a position where they can throw away that kind of money on one day of a skating event.

The other crazy thing is that for an all day pass tomorrow, the cost is 20 Croatian 'dollars', to see it live. 20 Croatian dollars is about 2 euro and 60 cents, or 2 US dollars and 75 cents. To see all three days of the event live if you are in Croatia is well less than 10 USD. Yet they think that it's worth more than that for one day of streaming? Just crazy.

10 dollars for one day of streaming? That's crazy.

Yes, the price is 20 croatian "kuna" for a day, only the gala is 50 "kuna".

But I was there in Zagreb yesterday, and I don't go there often, so I didn't know where to buy tickets and where is the entrance. Apparently, I haven't enter through the main entrance, and when I was in, I asked the man who sells popcorn where do I pay for tickets. And he said me, you're in now, so just go and watch. I still don't know where do you pay for tickets. I haven't seen anyone who sells them yesterday.
I wanted to pay and support them, but I ended up watching for free...

viennaskater

Medalist
I wanted to pay and support them, but I ended up watching for free...

Funny - years ago when they held the Karl Schaefer Trophy in Vienna, it was for free, but the Ondrej Nepela in Bratislava was 5 Euro for a day ticket. You don't know WHERE you are with it!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks to all of you who were able to provide some pbp and scores.

I really wanted to see this comp. but it was just too expensive. Some fans on FSU used Hola to try and watch the free broadcast but kept receiving a message that they needed Silverlight. Problem was they already had Silverlight installed.

I was also shocked at how few people were in the stands! Maybe Mrs. P is correct and Golden Spin should not be in the Challenge Series.

borzaya

Final Flight
Some tips for those who try to watch.
People advise that you should either renew the page several times, or change quality if the stream goes off.

I opened it at the end of second group of pairs, put the quality 360 and it worked for free for some time. At the beginning of the third group the stream went off, I closed it, opened again and put the quality 480 - it has been working for free for now (don't know for how long it's going to work).

Some people also advise to clear the cookies of your browser to make it work.

Last edited: