TEB is Cancelled | Golden Skate

TEB is Cancelled

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I really wouldn't have cancelled it, If the city doesn't feel it can keep people safe that's a big shame,
But if it's out of respect than that's their decision and that's that.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Cancelled?....:sad21: Oh well, it's for the best, skaters are probably in no state to skate...

I support the decision to cancel it, which I am sure was not made lightly. However, 'for the best' depends on your perspective... there are a lot of unanswered questions now for the skaters who had a shot to make the final who were here.

peg

Medalist
I really wouldn't have cancelled it, If the city doesn't feel it can keep people safe that's a big shame,
But if it's out of respect than that's their decision and that's that.

If it's due to safety, they could have held it without spectators. I have to admit I'm sad about this development

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I support the decision to cancel it, which I am sure was not made lightly. However, 'for the best' depends on your perspective... there are a lot of unanswered questions now for the skaters who had a shot to make the final who were here.

Results should be done based on SP, as it would be done in most sports, but let's see.

Dissapointed in decision though.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Results should be done based on SP, as it would be done in most sports, but let's see.

Dissapointed in decision though.

It is likely that this will happen, but honestly, particularly in this sport, I don't think this is particularly fair. Patrick Chan (probably) and Liza Tukt and Tarasova/Mozorov's (definitely) chances to get to the final are essentially ruined by this, when we all know it's almost certain they'd have pulled themselves up in the free. Their qualification wasn't guaranteed either but this forecloses it.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Was sad but expected. Gracie was amazing in sp. I fully believed her lpwould be as beautiful. Sad for skaters. Wish
them safety and hope something can be arranged to get this resolved fair as possible. Bummed for all of us looking for joy and beauty and sport -life turned upside down by evil men. :(

3 hours sleep. We are all French. Well technically I am half French!

Maybe GS wil do a minute of silence today.

Last edited:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
It is likely that this will happen, but honestly, particularly in this sport, I don't think this is particularly fair. Patrick Chan (probably) and Liza Tukt and Tarasova/Mozorov's (definitely) chances to get to the final are essentially ruined by this, when we all know it's almost certain they'd have pulled themselves up in the free. Their qualification wasn't guaranteed either but this forecloses it.

Chan still has a long shot of pulling it off if he wins a tie breaker against someone who came in 2nd and 3rd or something
with his 1st place finish, But the other two are done.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It was to be expected.

Rather than repeat myself, I will just quote what I wrote earlier on in the monster thread about the attacks:

Firstly, my thoughts obviously go out to those affected by the attacks.

With regards the TEB, I do expect today's competitions to be called off. Not just as a mark of respect, but as a precaution in case this event became a target.

But, what would happen if they are called off?

• Would the Free Skates be re-scheduled for some other time?
  • Would the SP results be declared as the final results?
  • Or would the whole event be declared null and void?

Given how packed the calendar is, it would be very difficult to re-schedule. It would be next to impossible to get a date where everybody was available.

But, the other 2 options would be unfair for the skaters.

Declaring the results as they stand after the SP would be unfair to those that didn't do well in the SP and thought they would have a chance to make amends in the FS (e.g. Liza).

But declaring the event null and void would mean that everybody would lose out, and would undoubtedly have a knock-on effect on who gets to go to the GP Final.

It is a difficult situation. And the ISU will be criticised whatever their decision.

Are there any precedents?

CaroLiza_fan

Hope it won't be cancelled because the objective of terrorism is to bring terror into our daily lives and they would have won. My reservation is that a heavy heart would make it difficult for many skaters to skate like they normally would, and fans to enjoy the performances unaffected.

I actually agree with everything you have said here.

But, in the immediate aftermath of something like this, the organisers of big events have to think of the safety of everybody in attendence, be they competitors, spectators or staff.

Nobody knows for sure that there aren't more atttacks planned. So, as an event organiser, you have to err on the side of caution.

So, that is why I don't think there is any option but to call it off.

CaroLiza_fan

So, does anybody know what they have decided to do to about results?

CaroLiza_fan

HanDomi

Record Breaker

it sometimes not fair, but all in all this will be only fair decision as ridicolous may it sound