2015 Rostelecom Cup TV and Livestream | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Rostelecom Cup TV and Livestream

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Is it possible to watch British Eurosport over the Eurosport Player, when you're a member but not in UK? *unfortunategermanhere*

auser

Record Breaker
BTW, Tanith, Tara, Johnny are the NBC team for Rostelecom. (Same as TEB. No Terry.)

Interesting that today's NBC press release has reverted to identifying Tanith as Tanith Belbin, although she calls herself Tanith White.
http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2015/11/18/sports-events-on-nbc-9/

(The NBC TEB press release called her Tanith White.
http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...rix-france-this-sun-nov-15-at-noon-et-on-nbc/)

Love your respectful attention to detail :cool:.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Icenetwork Streaming Schedule

http://web.icenetwork.com/schedule/2015/11/2015_rostelecom_cup

SCHEDULED (ALL TIMES EASTERN)

11/20/2015 at 7:00am Short Dance
11/20/2015 at 8:25am Men's Short Program
11/20/2015 at 11:00am Pairs Short Program
11/20/2015 at 12:30pm Ladies Short Program
11/21/2015 6:00am Free Dance
11/21/2015 7:35am Men's Free Skate
11/21/2015 9:50am Pairs Free Skate
11/21/2015 11:35am Ladies Free Skate

Icenetwork has finally fixed their Schedule

QLutz

On the Ice
not sure where to put this, but...

just got a eurosport player acct. does anyone know if they archive the competitions in case i miss them? just wondering because i don't see teb shorts in their (rather small) archive.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
not sure where to put this, but...

just got a eurosport player acct. does anyone know if they archive the competitions in case i miss them? just wondering because i don't see teb shorts in their (rather small) archive.
In hopes that your account looks the same as mine ;)
in the upper left corner it should say "VIDEOS" somewhere. Click that. Then there should be a search box somewhere on the right. Just search for "ISU". TEB shorts are the only thing still available as far as I see (don't know for how long they usually keep the videos archived. Not for too long, it seems)

ETA
And just in case I didn't hate Eurosport enough already :rolleye: according to the info underneath the video, it should be available to watch for another 18 hours. Well, the videos refuse to play. Oh well, too bad, can't watch archived videos and don't get no live stream when there's absolutely zero coverage of the event. I'm sure I'll renew this subscription until the end of time :sarcasm:

Last edited:

QLutz

On the Ice
In hopes that your account looks the same as mine ;)
in the upper left corner it should say "VIDEOS" somewhere. Click that. Then there should be a search box somewhere on the right. Just search for "ISU". TEB shorts are the only thing still available as far as I see (don't know for how long they usually keep the videos archived. Not for too long, it seems)

ETA
And just in case I didn't hate Eurosport enough already :rolleye: according to the info underneath the video, it should be available to watch for another 18 hours. Well, the videos refuse to play. Oh well, too bad, can't watch archived videos and don't get no live stream when there's absolutely zero coverage of the event. I'm sure I'll renew this subscription until the end of time :sarcasm:

thanks. just searched for 'isu' in 'videos'... nothing came up? maybe taken down. hmm...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... One last thought: the Universal HD website shows a listing for 'ISU GP of Figure Skating Russia' on Friday, November 27th from 4:00-5:30PM EST. Not sure if this is a re-airing of NBC's broadcast, or a rerun of Universal HD's own coverage from the previous weekend.

Excerpt from the latest, greatest NBC press release today (schedule subject to change; check your local listings):

Below is the schedule for NBC Sports Group’s Grand Prix Russia coverage:

Date Time (ET) Event Network
Nov. 20 8-10 p.m. Men’s & Ladies’ Short Program Universal HD
Nov. 21 8-10 p.m. Free Dance & Pairs Free Skate Universal HD
Nov. 22 Noon-1:30 p.m. Men’s & Ladies’ Free Skate NBC
Nov. 27 3:30-5 p.m. NBC Encore Universal HD

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...rix-russia-this-sun-nov-22-at-noon-et-on-nbc/

Love your respectful attention to detail :cool:.

So I will quickly note that the newest press release today has changed back to "Tanith White" ;) :) instead of Belbin.

And I will take this opportunity to send many thanks to you, auser :bow: -- for your meticulous gathering of live streaming links in the comp threads.
Very helpful.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
thanks. just searched for 'isu' in 'videos'... nothing came up? maybe taken down. hmm...
Maybe. Probably. I still see them, but they don't work for me anymore either. I guess Eurosport just sucks :sarcasm:

karlowens2

On the Ice
I have Eurosport player in Germany. Is there a way to get to British Eurosport? I'm guessing no......

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
If you are able to watch Raisport 1 (italian broadcaster) they will show everything live today.
(Raisport streaming available here http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raiSport/dirette/ContentItem-49340f1d-5246-4cf7-931f-75d65af039e7.html )
Brilliant, thanks! Unfortunately, I only just got home. Looks like I missed the men's. :disagree:

edit: an an extra Thanks for this. I prefer this over all the other videostreams, because even though I have a million adblockers and whatnots installed, I still think Rai is a safer website to go to than any of the others listed. Plus, I can actually understand Italian if I concentrate a bit. And it's great HD quality.

Do you know if they also have a stream for the FSs tomorrow?

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
You do have access to all the Eurosport countries if you have a sub. As example, I watch the French version while in Paris, or the Russian while in Moscow.

Besides that, I wish that the ISU would no longer sell exclusive rights. It´s really a bad marketing strategy if you have an official channel and 90% of the world can not watch it and seriously, no offence, but Africans and Figure Skating... that just doesn't make much sense. Especially in the EU sport´s coverage has become a nightmare because of these exclusive broadcasting rights for TV channels who then don´t even show the stuff live.

I did hope it would become better with Discovery, but it seems like the "extra" feed is still not fully carried out on the player. At least it´s 720p now, in the recent years we were stuck with 480 and 320. That said, in Germany HD is not available because of Sky ...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
You do have access to all the Eurosport countries if you have a sub. As example, I watch the French version while in Paris, or the Russian while in Moscow.
That's great if you are moving around in the UK right now, but if you are stuck in your home country, without VPN right now it's still useless. :angry2:

karlowens2

On the Ice
The media people have really messed themselves up with their 1990 system where each country/region is a separate entity. They can't agree on who gets credit/revenue for a broadcast/play and people are just going around them. That's part of the reason for the VPN market, YouTube, Spotify, etc.

auser

Record Breaker
Brilliant, thanks! Unfortunately, I only just got home. Looks like I missed the men's. :disagree:

edit: an an extra Thanks for this. I prefer this over all the other videostreams, because even though I have a million adblockers and whatnots installed, I still think Rai is a safer website to go to than any of the others listed. Plus, I can actually understand Italian if I concentrate a bit. And it's great HD quality.

Do you know if they also have a stream for the FSs tomorrow?

According to Laura's schedule they do: http://hotbladeshotpassion.blogspot.com/2015/11/2015-rostelecom-cup-entries-and-where.html#more

Scroll down to find TV and streaming listings and RAI sports links. Mods, I hope it is okay to post this link? If not, I apologize and please remove.:)

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
Excerpt from the latest, greatest NBC press release today (schedule subject to change; check your local listings):
Below is the schedule for NBC Sports Group’s Grand Prix Russia coverage:

Date Time (ET) Event Network
Nov. 20 8-10 p.m. Men’s & Ladies’ Short Program Universal HD
Nov. 21 8-10 p.m. Free Dance & Pairs Free Skate Universal HD
Nov. 22 Noon-1:30 p.m. Men’s & Ladies’ Free Skate NBC
Nov. 27 3:30-5 p.m. NBC Encore Universal HD

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...rix-russia-this-sun-nov-22-at-noon-et-on-nbc/

So I will quickly note that the newest press release today has changed back to "Tanith White" ;) :) instead of Belbin.

And I will take this opportunity to send many thanks to you, auser :bow: -- for your meticulous gathering of live streaming links in the comp threads.
Very helpful.
Hooray, the press release has incorporated your fine standards. :clap: Thank you the for lovely complement :luv17:. I was so busy looking for streaming links before SD last night, I was remiss at replying to your post in a timely manner. Bad auser. I owe you a poppy-seed or prune hamentashen in recompense.

Last edited:

Shayuki

Record Breaker

Besides that, I wish that the ISU would no longer sell exclusive rights. It´s really a bad marketing strategy if you have an official channel and 90% of the world can not watch it and seriously, no offence, but Africans and Figure Skating... that just doesn't make much sense. Especially in the EU sport´s coverage has become a nightmare because of these exclusive broadcasting rights for TV channels who then don´t even show the stuff live.

I did hope it would become better with Discovery, but it seems like the "extra" feed is still not fully carried out on the player. At least it´s 720p now, in the recent years we were stuck with 480 and 320. That said, in Germany HD is not available because of Sky ...

Well there's always the Finnish yle areena stream that shows the entire thing uncut without commentary. You can watch it with a Finnish proxy(a free one like cyberghost)

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
According to Laura's schedule they do
Thanks, but I already found it myself, I bookmarked the link yesterday, and today it showed today's listings, hurah! I have direct access on the telly to the first two events, but the other two aren't being live aired by eurosport here, and I really like the Italian commentary. :)