Favorite Performances of TEB | Golden Skate

Favorite Performances of TEB

Layback11

Record Breaker
With all the talk about the very unfortunate happenings at TEB, I wanted to bring a little positivity into this discussion. There were a lot of great performances-what were your three favorites?

Mine were:
1. Gracie's SP
2. H/D's SD
3. Yulia's SP

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
H/D's SD. It was like I had never seen them skate before. I always liked their passion, but they were never, ever this refined.

That coaching shift did WONDERS for them. I would have loved to see their FD.

Imagine

Medalist
Gracie's SP (shame, as her LP is a masterpiece for once), and also Yulia's SP...I liked the costuming much better and she was more emotional this time...

But all this seems a bit...insignificant now because of this tragedy...sorry for being so gloomy. Well at least they are all safe, which is more important.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
There are many I have not seen yet because I seem to have lost heart but I was so impressed with Gracie's sp. Flawlessly fabulous. I also loved seeing Julia do her ELVIS sp in better form. She's so special. For the men I loved Kovtun and Patrick Chan is sublime without jumps. I also was very impressed by third place ladies so winner Roberta from Italy was she? Very happy to see an Italian doing well until Kostner returns.

Have been saving dance and pairs other than V/t who strangely don't impress me this season. Don't like their sp.

I'm sure I'll have faves from the dance teams. So sad about it all and the skaters missing out on the Long programs. Ah. Well. What can we do? Watch the past go events I guess.:sad21:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Absolutely Gracie's SP, I'm really in love with her programs this year!! :love:

Mattieu

Medalist
Vanessa and Morgan they were great, I am now a major fan :hap10:
I loved their costumes, especially hers, putting the sex back on the ice :love:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Shoma (he was a little slower and more cautious than usual, but I think that was a sensible strategy to lay down a clean SP; however, it was still beautifully skated with a really wonderful whole body movement. Oh, and watching the CBC video of it has given me a new nickname for him- 'Portable Powerhouse'! :biggrin:);

Hubbell / Donahue (really gorgeous and heartfelt)

and

Peng / Zhang (they made a couple of errors that had them down in 4th, but it was definitely still my fave pairs performance of the night with interesting layout and choreography and some beautifully timed moves).

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Shomo's SP.... Just WOW and I love his music
H/D SD... Simple and heartfelt. Perfect example of less is more and so fluid
Yulia's SP.. She's so light and graceful like she was skating on air

Added note... The ice fog was really noticeable during Uno's skate. For me it added an aura of magic to the piece... "Ghosts" as someone said - loved it!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Best performance goes to: Romantic Ice rink

As for everything else (not able to watch any pair or dance)... i can't think of a single performance that I would consider as favourite compare to other GP series. Maybe Gracies? Gracie was lovely, but her score was a bit of a :eek: .... was looking forward to her FS more

Last edited: