2015 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Free Skate | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2015 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Free Skate

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Which one? Salchow or Lutz? And I still would argue that K/S are more consistent with quad throws given the number of attempts career wise.

You know what?

You're gonna have to stop arguing with me now

And you know why?

Cause this is my 2000th Post !! :yahoo::yahoo::hb:

Yay@@!! Absolutely no life at all !! :dance2::party2:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Which one? Salchow or Lutz? And I still would argue that K/S are more consistent with quad throws given the number of attempts career wise.

4Salcow. I was curious about your statemen so I made a little research:

K/S 4Salcow attempts since, let's say, last season:

- 2014 Nebelhorn trophy (landed with error)
- 2014 Skate America (cleanly landed)
- 2014 NHK trophy (fall)
- 2014 2015 GPF (landed with error)
- 2015 Europeans (cleanly landed)
- 2015 Worlds (fall)
- 2015 Mordovian Ornament (fall)
- 2015 CoC (cleanly landed)
- 2015 Rostelecom cup (landed with error)

By comparison, D/R's history with this throw is:
- 2014 Skate Canada Autumn Classic (landed with slight error)
- 2014 Skate Canada (landed with error)
- 2014 NHK Trophy (fall)
- 2014 GPF (cleanly landed)
- 2015 Four continents (cleanly landed)
- 2015 Worlds (landed with error)
- 2015 Autumn Classic (fall)
- 2015 Skate Canada (cleanly landed).

I stand by my opinion that D/R's consistency with the jump is slightly better than K/S, considering that minus the bogus as 2015 Autumn Classic fall, the trajectory of the landed attempts is improving while K/S's is hot and cold.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I stand by my opinion that D/R's consistency with the jump is slightly better than K/S, considering that minus the bogus as 2015 Autumn Classic fall, the trajectory of the landed attempts is improving while K/S's is hot and cold.

If it matters, They also landed it in the Quebec competition in September

+ And at their Nationals

Last edited:

qwerty

On the Ice
Glad Stolbova/Klimov seem to be getting better, but there's something very fragile about their technique that I didn't notice last season. Stolbova mostly has the technical issues (wrap on throws, < jumps).

Her salchow was way under, no idea why that wasn't called.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
At least Stolbova/Klimov seem to have stopped the bleeding although it remains to be seen what they will do in other competitions.

S/K are a big test for Mozer. With them she has to prove that she can last as a top coach or if she will go back to pre-V/T status. In a way their her first top team that she really has to work hard with to get top results. V/T were going to achieve what they did no matter who their coach was simply because both were just that good so they don't count. It's too early to tell at this point but its certainly proving to be a very rocky road.

moriel

Record Breaker
4Salcow. I was curious about your statemen so I made a little research:

K/S 4Salcow attempts since, let's say, last season:

- 2014 Nebelhorn trophy (landed with error)
- 2014 Skate America (cleanly landed)
- 2014 NHK trophy (fall)
- 2014 2015 GPF (landed with error)
- 2015 Europeans (cleanly landed)
- 2015 Worlds (fall)
- 2015 Mordovian Ornament (fall)
- 2015 CoC (cleanly landed)
- 2015 Rostelecom cup (landed with error)

By comparison, D/R's history with this throw is:
- 2014 Skate Canada Autumn Classic (landed with slight error)
- 2014 Skate Canada (landed with error)
- 2014 NHK Trophy (fall)
- 2014 GPF (cleanly landed)
- 2015 Four continents (cleanly landed)
- 2015 Worlds (landed with error)
- 2015 Autumn Classic (fall)
- 2015 Skate Canada (cleanly landed).

Actually looks like both are pretty much same.

apple123

On the Ice
Glad Stolbova/Klimov seem to be getting better, but there's something very fragile about their technique that I didn't notice last season. Stolbova mostly has the technical issues (wrap on throws, < jumps).

Her salchow was way under, no idea why that wasn't called.

I can't believe the judges turned blind towards Stolbova's jumps. Those were so under-rotated. I don't know who they are fooling really. K/S should totally win COR.

QuadThrow

Medalist
I can't believe the judges turned blind towards Stolbova's jumps. Those were so under-rotated. I don't know who they are fooling really. K/S should totally win COR.

The technical commitee noticed underrotation at the 3T+3T.

K/S struggled hard at both quads and their individual jumps were not the top draw too. In addition their last lifts was dangerous and their pirouettes have not the best quality. Even the definitly best program cannot cover these lacks of strengh.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Have you seen victory ceremony where Yuko tried to climb the third place spot of the podium? It seems there is a new tradition in pair skating victory ceremonies this season when one of the medalists goes wrong.:laugh:

Lota

Record Breaker
I am so in love with Peng/Zhang's FS, you have no idea. Yes even with that (absolutely horrifying) fall. I must've already watched the program like 6-7 times already I love it so much. Great music, wonderful choreography to go with it, great expression from both of them (really impressed by Peng). I don't know, it just really clicked with me.

They have no chance of making it to the GPF though, right? It just breaks my heart knowing that I'll see this program, what, 2 more times this season (4CC and Worlds)?