17.30 - 20.30 Women Free program

December 27th, 2015, Sunday
13.00 - 13.45 Rewarding
14.00 - 16.30 Demonstrations
Departure of the participants

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
There was drama. No one knew about the ESPN broadcast and people from Russia were blacked out.

I'm not sure what you mean by "no one knew about ESPN." That's what I was watching, and it was being widely discussed here on GoldenSkate. :confused: Maybe my memory is failing me, but I tend to remember frustrations when streams don't work, or are blacked-out, etc.

It is possible that many folks in various part of the world (that do not post on GS) may have had issues receiving a broadcast of Russian Nationals and didn't know about alternatives such as ESPN.

I can only share my experience. I have to say, out of all the large figure skating events last year, Russian Nationals was the most simple one for me to watch of all. I did not have any geo-blocking issues with ESPN, didn't have to pay any fees, and the stream was complete and reliable throughout the entire comp! :thumbsup:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well...where are your jumpamatron videos this season? :eek:topic:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Well...where are your jumpamatron videos this season? :eek:topic:

Has anyone really wanted to see much of anything? I did post a Maria Sotskova Jumpamatron during the JGP series, and the other day I put up an Elena Radionova 'Open Your Eyes' montage (which was more work for me than most Jumpamatrons I've made).

I don't know if it's a lack of inspiration or lack of ideas, just haven't felt motivated to crank out video edits at the same pace as last season. Maybe it's still early in the season and that's part of the reason... but I would like to get back to making those kinds of videos again.

winky97

Medalist
I'm not sure what you mean by "no one knew about ESPN." That's what I was watching, and it was being widely discussed here on GoldenSkate. :confused: Maybe my memory is failing me, but I tend to remember frustrations when streams don't work, or are blacked-out, etc.

It is possible that many folks in various part of the world (that do not post on GS) may have had issues receiving a broadcast of Russian Nationals and didn't know about alternatives such as ESPN.

I can only share my experience. I have to say, out of all the large figure skating events last year, Russian Nationals was the most simple one for me to watch of all. I did not have any geo-blocking issues with ESPN, didn't have to pay any fees, and the stream was complete and reliable throughout the entire comp! :thumbsup:

Any idea if ESPN will be covering Russian Nat this year?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone really wanted to see much of anything? I did post a Maria Sotskova Jumpamatron during the JGP series, and the other day I put up an Elena Radionova 'Open Your Eyes' montage (which was more work for me than most Jumpamatrons I've made).

I don't know if it's a lack of inspiration or lack of ideas, just haven't felt motivated to crank out video edits at the same pace as last season. Maybe it's still early in the season and that's part of the reason... but I would like to get back to making those kinds of videos again.

I've been making them. I even got TSLDave to watch one :laugh:

I started a Davis and White "Curve Lift" Liftamatron that I'm on my way home to add the final touches on. The Lena video you did was really good :yes:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

I was able to watch ESPN as well, but from what I recall, there was no indication beforehand that they would show it, and many people even in the US couldn't access the stream. Russian tv only started showing the competition on day 2 because of some snafu with the rights. I just hope this year we'll have accessible coverage for all, for the entire competition.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Hello, I need help from someone. Does Uzbekistan have a National Championships? I ask because I'm wondering where Misha Ge will be going for his Nationals? When I was at Worlds in 1999, Tatiana Malinina hung out with Maria Butyrskaya the whole time and I believe Tatiana and Misha both train or have trained in Russia. Is this true? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with some information

Last edited:

Perdita

Final Flight
I'll post this link here since it seems to talk about the live streaming of the competition:
http://www.fsrussianchampionship2016.ru/news.html?news=19#menu

I'm reading this through Google translate, but does this mean that they'll have live streaming through Match TV and it'll be broadcasted outside Russia too? A Japanese channel has a live broadcasting and I have already paid the fee for that... oh well... :hopelessness: