Russian Nationals 2016 General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals 2016 General Info

exerym

On the Ice
There would be a livestream on sportbox.ru (I think Sport1 would show it on TV). MatchTV would show only half of the event live and other half in record.

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
For a number of years I have watched Russian Nationals live via the TVTeka.com website. This website carries the Sport 1 and 2 channels and for $12 US you can get a one month subscription. The website is in Russian but Google Chrome makes navigation simple.

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
Last year the awarding ceremony was on a separate link. This year there is no link for it, and the link for the gala doesn't seem to start broadcasting before the gala.

There's no need to try to get around the geoblock, though. Two Russian channels, HD Спорт and СПОРТ are going to show all the competitions and the gala, probably from beginning to end (as shown by the schedule for figure skating events on NTV+ official page). Still no awarding ceremony on any channel, but probably we shouldn't lose hope until the last moment :)

Layback11

Record Breaker
So excited to see my first Russian nats...hopefully the ladies will be at the top of their game! That would make for a great competition. :cheer:

Latvian

On the Ice
Polina Tsurskaya: "Honestly, seeing how all admire Mao Asada, I do not feel very much of an impression on her skating. Yes, she is jumping a triple axel, but Lisa Tuktamysheva too. And if we compare them, I like Lisa much more. She has more powerful skating and more powerful jumps, on the ice they look better - large, high, with the flight. Lisa skates very nicely, emotionally." (Advanced Google Translate :think:)

http://rsport.ru/interview/20151218/886012581.html

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd like to see that translated by a Russian speaker instead of Google if possible. :eek:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I'd like to see that translated by a Russian speaker instead of Google if possible. :eek:

It's correct. The translation, I mean. She does not have a 'very big' impression of Asada's skating. She likes Liza's style more, jumps, emotionality and all.

She did NOT said Mao's skating is not impressive.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Polina Tsurskaya: "Honestly, seeing how all admire Mao Asada, I do not feel very much of an impression on her skating. Yes, she is jumping a triple axel, but Lisa Tuktamysheva too. And if we compare them, I like Lisa much more. She has more powerful skating and more powerful jumps, on the ice they look better - large, high, with the flight. Lisa skates very nicely, emotionally." (Advanced Google Translate :think:)

I really do hope there is a translation mistake here (possibly more than one :laugh: ). This same thing said about any other skater could be acceptable, but Liza this season is the really the last one to be compared to anyone else, let alone Mao :hopelessness:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
And what if we compare last season's Tuktamysheva to last season's Asada? I mean, I don't really like Asada that much, either. People are allowed to have preferences. -rolls eyes-

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

It was a long interview http://rsport.ru/interview/20151218/886012581.html

Towards the end the journalist blatantly asked the question which is best to translate: "You do not like Mao Asada, do you?" The 14 year old was trapped and she answered honestly same as to all previous questions:

Честно скажу, что, видя, как все восхищаются Асадой, я не ощущаю большого впечатления от ее проката. Frankly speaking, seeing how everyone admires Asada, I do not feel a big impression from her performance.

It is absolutely clear to me that she referred to Mao's specific performance during the GPF. I was not impressed either. Well, we have the sickness explanation. I would not translate "проката" as "skating". It is a singular word referring to one performance. Otherwise it would be plural "прокатов" or a general word "катания".

But in the Russian comments people already foresee a massive "retribution" from Mao's fans worldwide.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Frankly speaking, seeing how everyone admires Asada, I do not feel a big impression from her performance.

It is absolutely clear to me that she referred to Mao's specific performance during the GPF. I was not impressed either. Well, we have the sickness explanation. I would not translate "проката" as "skating". It is a singular word referring to one performance. Otherwise it would be plural "прокатов" or a general word "катания".

But in the Russian comments people already foresee a massive "retribution" from Mao's fans worldwide.

As a very big, long time Mao fan - I see no problem with this either. Mao seemed far from her best, and to be honest, I was partly disappointed with her too (and yes, the sickness is the explanation, but it doesn't change the impression about the performance). There is nothing disrespectful about what Polina said.

IMO, the surprising part is to compare here like this to Liza, but maybe Polina mainly remembers last years Liza, or Liza in practices, or goes by another impression we don't know. Liza last year seemed to have more joy for skating than Mao did at GPF.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Maybe that should go in the Mao vs. Liza thread instead of this one.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I wanted to fly to Ekaterinburg over the weekend to see ladies FS. No luck. People say that good seats were not even offered for sale. Expected for such cases Internet ticket mafia is also silent. I guess it will be the old way: shady guys near the entrance asking you to pay 3-5 times book value...well, sportbox rules then.

exerym

On the Ice
I wanted to fly to Ekaterinburg over the weekend to see ladies FS. No luck. People say that good seats were not even offered for sale. Expected for such cases Internet ticket mafia is also silent. I guess it will be the old way: shady guys near the entrance asking you to pay 3-5 times book value...well, sportbox rules then.

There is a VIP lounge for sale there:
http://krk-uralec.ru/press-centr/novosti_kompleksa/358/
Only section A is not for sale, but section J and H was available on and off line, but saled out already. Ekaterinburg is a big city with many figure skating fans and the tickets is cheap.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
There is a VIP lounge for sale there:
http://krk-uralec.ru/press-centr/novosti_kompleksa/358/
Only section A is not for sale, but section J and H was available on and off line, but saled out already. Ekaterinburg is a big city with many figure skating fans and the tickets is cheap.

Well, I will call them tomorrow. Let's see if anything is still offered. My friend from Ekaterinburg says that he is pulling all the strings as well.