2015 Rostelecom Cup Mens Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Rostelecom Cup Mens Free Skate

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Probably, but it is a fight like this, among other things, that made Mao great.

I've got to respect at least going for it every time. I think that it's pretty weak to only do things you are comfortable with and not try to improve. I'd put concentrating on landing jumps at the cost of expression in the same category - Just have the expression and eventually you'll get the jumps, or at least fail trying.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
ooh well didnt he have some old boots he's comfortable in
Sasha Smirnov did that when his baggage was lost

Pamigena

Record Breaker
already can't watch anymore :hopelessness: poor guy. and poor us. hopefully he doesn't set the tone for this FS

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
& go Bychenko!
Im so sad nothjing's working out for him rn:(

Oh now TAT talks about him! coincidence!
She was in USA & saw Alex skating badly & his boots went wrong & these 2 weeks he may not have gotten used to them
The whole summer he skated & practiced rather good
Oh now Yagudin talk
He could get comfortable & skate in new boots in 1 day (well its Yagudin after all hehe!:biggrin:)

Poor Alexei. That must me so frustrating. I really like this free program for him (and I normally groan at Les Mis), but you can tell it's a struggle for him to get through. :(

I hope he doesn't end up like Kevin Reynolds...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexei BYCHENKO (ISR)

Music: Les Miserables by Claude-Michel Schoenberg

Off-white blouse, brown belt, black pants, gloves

4T - bit low landing
3A - twofoot, fall, maybe <
2T - turnout
CCoSp3p
StSq
3Lz+1Lo<<+2S
3F+3T - ok, eeked out
3Lo - scratchy
FCSp
3Lz
2A
ChSq
CCoSp3p

Messy skate overall, slow spins

FS: 56.02+63.52-1.00 = 118.54, 186.00 (SB), 1/1

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've got to respect at least going for it every time. I think that it's pretty weak to only do things you are comfortable with and not try to improve. I'd put concentrating on landing jumps at the cost of expression in the same category - Just have the expression and eventually you'll get the jumps, or at least fail trying.

That's a great remark and an admirable sentiment ... but to me it's throwing the baby out with the bath water. Musical expression, connection, artistry are what distinguish figure skating from other sports.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Question: has anyone ever skated to Les Miz as Javert? That could be an interesting variation with a very clear yet untypical story.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Poor Alexei. That must me so frustrating. I really like this free program for him (and I normally groan at Les Mis), but you can tell it's a struggle for him to get through. :(

I hope he doesn't end up like Kevin Reynolds...
Such a sad contrast to last year's him its uncomfortable:sad21::sad4:

Sad start of the comp