2015 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Free Skate

Matilda

Medalist
Don't know how to make heads and tails of Hannah - partly pretty good and partly pretty mediocre. :shrug:

Giveher some time. She's only been training with Rafa for a few months now. Hannah's basic skating skills and presentation are already good and I hope that Rafa will be able to help her with her jumps.

wusswuss

On the Ice
Hannah Miller is so pretty on the ice!! <3 she needs more height on her jumps I think she may of gotten some under-rotations

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes but that would only guarantee her one spot... I share others bafflement about how she managed to get two.

Honestly, and I really do say this without malice as I do like her, I think it really might have been better for her not to have these disappointing outings (or to only have one of them) and be able to devote more time to training and trying to fix her issues, which are at this point major and really holding her back.

Yes, but in general if you're in the top 24 you likely get 2. It's not dance where there are limited spots.

I do agree with you on the rest.

minze

Medalist
I am jumping on the pairs Hannah pairs campaign. Imagine if Valentina had switch to pairs sooner:agree:

badknees

Medalist
This "My fair Lady" dress is excellent! but the music is terrible!! Here's a new job description......"Music editor for figure skating programs"

Layback11

Record Breaker
Rioja Kato JPN

Music: My Fair Lady
Costume: cream with black striped bows and long gloves plus matching hairpiece

3Lz (edge?)-3T
3S
Flying camel
StSq
Camel-upright combo spin
2A 'Tano
3Lo-stepout
3Lz-twofold, maybe <
3Lo-2T-2Lo
Lovely spiral-held!
3T-2T
Layback

Solid skate. A bit slow.

Score: 105.30 = 155.56

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Riona KATO (JPN)

Music: My Fair Lady by Frederick Loewe

White strapless dress with bows, black stripey details, logng gloves

3F+3T - ok, maybe 3T<
3S
FCSp
StSq
CCoSp3p
2A - 'tano
3Lo - turnout
3Lz - e, twofoot, looked <
3Lo+2T+2Lo
ChSq
3T+2T
LSp

Not the most polished skater, but solid skate overall

FS: 54.27+51.03 = 105.30 (SB), 155.56, 1/3

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really liked that but a big part of it is probably the My Fair Lady fangirl inside of me... :love:

MIM

Medalist
Riona's dress is pretty, too. It reminds me of mao's fs dress in 07-08.

She is a solid skater, but needs more expression.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Needs more expression, but this is a good start for Riona. She needs to go to Akiko to learn some presentation. But good job.

paperhearts

Final Flight
Good skate! Happy for Riona. (That should be an e for her Lz-T, however.) :) Congrats to her! Also, her spirals are a beauty.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Riona's dress is pretty, too. It reminds me of mao's fs dress in 07-08.

She is a solid skater, but needs more expression.
Actually, it totally does! I liked Czardas better than this by a long shot, but the dress was first-rate. :yes:

Warwick360

Medalist
Just realising a comment that's starting to be cliche from Eurosport ....

When noting Kato doing a Western theme...."The mixture of culture this sport brings" Not sure how many times I heard that from the same commentator. :laugh: