Mikhail Kolyada | Page 215 | Golden Skate

Mikhail Kolyada

Tutto

Record Breaker
Tutto, thanks for finding that! Just so you’re not talking to yourself :laugh:, here’s my opinion. I think Winds of Change, with the right music cuts and choreography, has the potential to be a beautiful, and even iconic, SP for Misha. The music and lyrics are captivating, and there are changes in mood and orchestration that could be highlighted quite effectively and dramatically in the time allotted for a SP. I can’t wait to see it!

This is generic choreography for ice shows. But it is true, Mika and his choreographer will need some great idea to make this program iconic and not just a generic MOR program. It will be a challenge, for sure. But if someone can make something special that is Mika, so i have hopes.

But i am still not happy with any music he choose for this season. Chaplin as Tramp has been done before and too recently, so i hope he will go for other take and not just do "the tramp". Chaplin has many music pieces, not all have been used to death, so it might get something unique. But yeah.... Scorpions i don't like it for a program for the same reasons you mentioned. He will have to be very clever. The music might help him or the music might be just too iconic to be skated with a MOR choreography. But i loved his Carmen, so it might go well.

Sigh, now i wished i had sent my music list to him, but a lot of you did and it come to nothing, so....:laugh:

I guess we just have to wait and see ... and now thankfully we don't have to wait till September to have our hopes/ reservations toward the programs justified.

I am still curios why he choose this particular song for SP and hoping to learn that from the upcoming interview ;)

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Misha is excited about going to the show in Japan in July and he'll probably skate his programs there.
thats good to know! excited to see them!:yahoo:

I'm such a huge Scorpions fan so I guess Im gonna like this programm no matter how generic it may turn out:laugh:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Wow I am in shock - SC and NHK for Mika?! Both with Yuzu (second year running!) both with max travelling - looks to me like Russian Fed's given up on him

Indeed be careful what you wish for - I said it more than once that competing at home is not good for him but now I want to take my words back

ohh I need time to digest this...

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
The two events are literally a month apart, though. I think it's good for him to try going to new places. Japan hasn't been all that bad for him, and last time he went to America to compete also wasn't bad. Last year he got the two events with the least amount of travelling, and look how that turned out.

Tutto

Record Breaker
The two events are literally a month apart, though. I think it's good for him to try going to new places. Japan hasn't been all that bad for him, and last time he went to America to compete also wasn't bad. Last year he got the two events with the least amount of travelling, and look how that turned out.

yes fair points still would be better if one event was in Europe. He certainly will need his stamina back

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Well, Zagitova didn't got Rostelecom either and she is the world champion, so :biggrin:
I observed just that the federation kept Samarin and Mika apart. Also Mika might have choose to go to other GP, he will have less pressure than at Rostelecom. Meanwhile Samarin performs better on home turf (and will get the points props for being Russian, points Mika gets anyway, Russia or no). Also i think the fed wanted to support Aliev with Rostelecom after the very difficult SA.

NHK people are sooo supportive to skaters that they will help increase his confidence.
He has one month between GPs, so he will have time to fix things. And may i dream that he might get better in contact with Orser, so perhaps next season he might go to him for a while like he was at Raf? :biggrin:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
My first reaction to seeing Misha assigned to SC was :hap10: that he would be close enough for me to go see in person! (Well, east coast would have been better, like SC last season, but hey, it’s closer to DC than Europe or Asia). But then I saw that Yuzuru was going to be there too, and my reaction was “damn it”:dev2: Though not because Yuzuru’s tough to compete against (which will be exciting and fun to watch), but because Yuzuru’s presence will make it harder to get a good seat :laugh: I’m going to try, nevertheless. I love the men’s field there in general, and a lot of my favorites and skaters I want to see in ladies, dance, and pairs will be at SC too.

Fanou

Rinkside
My first reaction when seeing the assignments was of positivity :)... It feels to me that not skating in Russia is a good thing... Less pressure as it was mentioned already. He will have plenty of fans in both events ! We know already (for sure !!!) that he has plenty of fans in Japan and we will have the confirmation of how much his fan base in North America has grown since Boston.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I think apart of GP in China, which is the easiest, he got pretty good assignments. The other has either Shoma and Zhou or Chen, so they wouldn't be easier at all. Also, if he will be in good form and get to Gala, he might get better known in Canada and who knows? maybe in future some invitations to shows?

He might not be the priority for the Fed (he has 24 years, age at which some retire already), but when he has in their good cards anyway? They have always favored Samarin, Aliev and Kovtun over him.

Frankly i am relieved that he won't go to Rostelecom. The pressure to medal is too big there:disapp:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Agree with all of you it could be a good thing not to compete at CoR
Not being the focus of RusFed attention could be better still - let them pile the pressure on someone else!

If he manages to get his chronic sinusitis under control - then long flights though unfortunate won't be a major problem, if not - his season will be in jeopardy just like the last one even with 2 GP in Europe

Canada I believe is the most beautiful in the fall so it will be a great time for the first visit

@ Heleng - hoping all goes to plan - and looking forward to your live reports already!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
West Coast is different than the East Coast (personally, i love summer the most) but Kelowna is a pretty resort city. Hopefully, it does not snow yet for the SC...

Tutto

Record Breaker
West Coast is different than the East Coast (personally, i love summer the most) but Kelowna is a pretty resort city. Hopefully, it does not snow yet for the SC...

Oh silly me thinking that end of October is the autumn still :)

Tatjana

On the Ice
Wow I am in shock - SC and NHK for Mika?! Both with Yuzu (second year running!) both with max travelling - looks to me like Russian Fed's given up on him

Actually, when we met, we also talked about the upcoming GP assignments - it was about a week before they came out - and Misha said he hopes he doesn't get Cup of Russia again. He feels it difficult to compete at the home Grand Prix - and he's gotten it every time, hasn't he? He said he'd like to go to Canada, because he hasn't been there and he likes Japan. So he should be happy with what he got.

Yes, the trip to Canada especially is far, but again, there is enough time between these two assignments.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Actually, when we met, we also talked about the upcoming GP assignments - it was about a week before they came out - and Misha said he hopes he doesn't get Cup of Russia again. He feels it difficult to compete at the home Grand Prix - and he's gotten it every time, hasn't he? He said he'd like to go to Canada, because he hasn't been there and he likes Japan. So he should be happy with what he got.

Yes, the trip to Canada especially is far, but again, there is enough time between these two assignments.

Many thanks for the info - its good to know that he is happy with his GPs!

Actually, looking at the line-up of both events - it is not bad at all. Apart from the gold which is probably out of reach, the rest of the podium is 'his' (oh didn't we think just that last year?) E.g. Samarin & Aliev got tougher events I think