Mikhail Kolyada | Page 218 | Golden Skate

Mikhail Kolyada

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
So cool to watch the best figure skating men skating together, only Yuzuru is missing from the most powerful sextet. :agree:

Tatjana

On the Ice
Misha (and many other junior and senior level skaters from St. Petersburg) will take part in the local pre-season test skate Monday to Thursday in St. Petersburg. The single skaters are on Monday and Tuesday, pairs and ice dancers are on Wednesday and Thursday. These test skates are not open to the public and media, unfortunately. So I guess, there won't be photos and videos. :-( Not everybody will skate both programs.

Then I also got a preliminary entry list for Ondrej Nepela Trophy (September 20 and 21 in Bratislava, Slovakia). Misha is on that list. In June he said he didn't plan to go to Bratislava this year as it would be too early in case he had to have nose surgery because of the sinusitis. Luckily, he didn't have to undergo surgery and so maybe they changed the plan.

Tutto

Record Breaker
There was a rather vague (and unconfirmed) report on Russian FSO that he chose to skate only his SP and his layout was: 1A 3lz 4T3T (not necessarily in that order and not sure that it was 3T in combination). He wore his Muse costume.

Tatjana

On the Ice
I am not too worried at this stage and not expecting perfection at test skate in Moscow either (but some improvement would be very welcome! ;))

Right, it doesn't mean a thing who did which jumps at this test skate. Most skaters made mistakes. It was more important to present the programs.

BTW, a video interview with Misha will come soon on the Russian Federation website. He confirmed in this interview that he will go to Bratislava for Nepela Trophy and to Finlandia Trophy. If I have time, I'll do subtitles for this video.
Coming soon are also interviews with Dmitri Aliev, Lisa Tuktamysheva and Andrei Lazukin. :)

Tutto

Record Breaker
Right, it doesn't mean a thing who did which jumps at this test skate. Most skaters made mistakes. It was more important to present the programs.

BTW, a video interview with Misha will come soon on the Russian Federation website. He confirmed in this interview that he will go to Bratislava for Nepela Trophy and to Finlandia Trophy. If I have time, I'll do subtitles for this video.
Coming soon are also interviews with Dmitri Aliev, Lisa Tuktamysheva and Andrei Lazukin. :)

Many thanks for the info and as always looking forward to this interview!

I wonder if Nepela is such a good idea as it is early enough in the season. Considering he had a wedding to organise and then 2 weeks taken from his usual training routine by the show, it is reasonable to assume that his form is far from competition ready yet. A later than usual start of the season might be wiser me thinks :scratch2:

Lovechihuahua

Match Penalty
It seems that Ondrej Nepela and Finlandia mean a lot to him, and competing at these two events has become his tradition.
But I still hope he can show up in other CS more, especially this year, both Ondrej and Finlandia seem not the best choice. For Ondrej, it's too early since he took a lot of time off ice: honey moons, wedding, shows...and for Finlandia, it's too close to Skate Canada, although two weeks are not a big deal for him.
I hope he can attend Nebelhorn, the rink is nice and the time fits, and his interview has just published on pirouette, so there must be a lot of local fans want to watch him live, besides, his short program music is from a German band, so Nebelhorn is a perfect choice for him this year.

Tutto

Record Breaker
It seems that Ondrej Nepela and Finlandia mean a lot to him, and competing at these two events has become his tradition.
But I still hope he can show up in other CS more, especially this year, both Ondrej and Finlandia seem not the best choice. For Ondrej, it's too early since he took a lot of time off ice: honey moons, wedding, shows...and for Finlandia, it's too close to Skate Canada, although two weeks are not a big deal for him.
I hope he can attend Nebelhorn, the rink is nice and the time fits, and his interview has just published on pirouette, so there must be a lot of local fans want to watch him live, besides, his short program music is from a German band, so Nebelhorn is a perfect choice for him this year.

Agree with you, Nebelhorn would be a good choice and a perfect place to introduce his SP.
Besides all the reasons already mentioned Finlandia's had never been very lucky comp for him, why he keeps going there is a bit of mystery to me.
But there might be other factors in play we do not know about like RusFed preferences, other Russian teams going there etc

Lovechihuahua

Match Penalty
Agree with you, Nebelhorn would be a good choice and a perfect place to introduce his SP.
Besides all the reasons already mentioned Finlandia's had never been very lucky comp for him, why he keeps going there is a bit of mystery to me.
But there might be other factors in play we do not know about like RusFed preferences, other Russian teams going there etc

Quite true.
Finlandia didn't work for him that much in recent years, only one medal he won three years in a roll. But it seems that he loves Finland and has an obsession for this country, he's been there plenty of times(competitions, trainings, vacations, etc), he even transfered a lot in Helsinki when flying to other countries(Frankfurt and Amsterdam are more convenient and flexible tho), maybe Finland reminds him of Saint Petersburg to some extent? So I'm not surprised that he choses Finlandia again this year, but I really wish he can take Nebelhorn into consideration, it must be an amazing experience for him, and the german commentators like him very much.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think he goes to both these CS because he feels confident in going there, even though it might not be where he skates his best. At Nepela, he usually puts out a decent competition, so I don't think he'd want to not go there. And then, Finlandia is so close to him, is the closest CS and most likely akin to skating at home for him.

Lovechihuahua

Match Penalty
I think he goes to both these CS because he feels confident in going there, even though it might not be where he skates his best. At Nepela, he usually puts out a decent competition, so I don't think he'd want to not go there. And then, Finlandia is so close to him, is the closest CS and most likely akin to skating at home for him.

You are right. But he doesn't even go to Rostelecom this season, so maybe it's time to drop Finlandia at least once and try some other CS too.
Mika is a very charming young man, he will be widely welcomed I'm sure, so I think Nebelhorn is waving to him haha.:laugh: