Mikhail Kolyada | Page 225 | Golden Skate

Mikhail Kolyada

Tutto

Record Breaker
A belated Happy Birthday to my favourite skater, health & happiness!!!! :luv17::ghug:
My special wish for Mika is to start believing in yourself like massively ... ha ha and the success will follow I think.
Miss you more than I can say, this season has been so dark & empty ...sigh..

Tutto

Record Breaker
In two weeks exactly Mika will be skating in LizaT's show. Just can't help wondering what programs he will use - Chaplin? Or maybe his 'unused' 'Wind of Change'?

Also Shoma's good showing at Challenge Cup made me think what if Mika did move to Stephane as he wanted to (okay a speculation). I guess now with Stanislava's departure there is absolutely no hope that he is ever to try different things .. sigh...
on a different subject I watched a documentary on Nurejev last night and could see (please do not laugh) a similarity in their jumps - both just flying into the air like they belong there.
Okay here is the end of my chaotic post!

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Now he is 25, only 2 years till the next Olympic Games and the younger skaters are not sleeping. It is too late for such a change. Two years ago he could have hat time to change what is necessary, now after a year where he hardly skated? I don‘t think so.

chanchan

On the Ice
Sad to realize that but it's true. Misha will never ever leave Valentina. and now it's too late.

wish he can go to Lambiel and have two new programs next season. :pray:

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I hope that he doesn‘t keep the programs from this season, they didn‘t look full with potential. Chaplin was fun as a Show number, because he had time to be in character and to do all little tics of the tramp, but not so much as a competitive one. I hope too that he will go to Lambiel for choreo, they really work well together. Muse program was exquisite after the rocky beginning.

I am happy for Stanislava going to Plushenko, not because i think the academy is serious enough for elite (it‘s not), but at least we will get to watch her elegance in shows much more.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
The fact that he actually came back to skating after such an intense year for his health is a sign that he wants to compete. At least it seems like he does--so I'll take that. Whatever happens with him and his programs, we just have to enjoy what he still has to offer. I'm not too hard on him anymore, simply because I think he's a bit past his prime, and the other russian guys are finally getting their stuff together.

Que sera, sera, after all.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
He has the advantage to have rested his body and soul this year, it worked well for Aliev so why not for Mika? At the moment he still has the best technique out there, so if he comes back investing energy and strength he is absolutely able to be at the top again. He has to look for better programs and to stabilise his 4-turn jumps. And is not too late to get help from Mishin like Caro did. A whole new coach would be something others, but look at Liza, Look at Caro - both older than the youngster with whom they competed. Mishin gave Caro stability, this is what Mika needs, the technique is there.... if they are smart they should try it.

Tutto

Record Breaker
^
Mika might be a late bloomer for all we know like Caro, another nervous inconsistent sensitive soul, who won her World title at her 10th (!) Worlds.
Being happily married might give him a sense of stability and help his consistency (or not :().
What I believe is that he wants to come back, that despite his struggles with nerves he genuinely likes competing and there is still plenty of fire in him.
His talent is so immense and the technique so pure, the judges will reward him if he shows any consistency at all.
As regards a coaching change I am just afraid that later in life looking back he will bitterly regret not taking a chance. And we never will know what if...

I hope he will dump Chaplin because if to think of it from the start it was an unfortunate program for him. Consider this: it was introduced as an EX but he never got a chance to skate it as such at any serious comp due to an illness (RusNats) or an injury (Euro) or not being invited (Worlds) . Then he made a competitive program of it and stopped competing so again it was never skated as such...:scratch2:

@ QueenOftheRoad
Caro had some specific problems with her jump technique she went to work on with Mishin. I don't see any technical problems in Mika's jumps but one - his nerves, he rushes into a jump with too much speed and fails having done that very jump perfectly just moments before in a warm-up. When he keeps his focus (as in the LP at Saitama) all is well and he even shows he can save jumps when is determined (his second 4T - stepout could easily become a fall had he been in his 'usual' mindset')
And that mental preparation so badly needed is unfortunately not the strongest point of Valentina, far from it but...

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Nice to see that Mika is hungry of skating. I hope he changes at least the long program, somehow it was not born under a lucky star.

Thank you , Tatjana, you are the one to count on for giving us nice interesting positive interviews and those with Mika i enjoy naturally the most. :thank:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Delighted to finally hear from Mika. Hoping there will be videos from the show next Monday :pray:
And my wish came true - Wind of Change is back!
What his position with GPs will be next season - is he a returning skater getting 2 GPs? Or he will get 1 + home GP?

Tutto

Record Breaker
will misha resume training? no news abt him at all.��

He is joining the national team in Novogorsk for training (confirmed by Alexander Kogan of RusFed)! No info if Valentina will be there too which is suggestive... coaching change?
Also in Novogorsk are Eteri and Buianova with Artur Danielian

Hopefully we will hear more in the coming days

At the moment I am just relieved that he is not forgotten & written-off by the Fed (on the second thought it might have been better in some ways...)

And hello to everyone here, hope all of you are well & safe. After months of watching CNN, BBC & Euronews I finally dragged myself away from everything Covid 19, and currently re-visiting my old FS recording starting with the season 2014-2015 - what a delight!

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Or Valentina might be a risk person. He is at an age when he can train for a couple weeks alone, if he must. I am happy that he will start training, he has lost so much time this year!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Unconfirmed: Kolyada went to Mishin.

https://m.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/news/mihail-kolyada-perehodit-k-alekseyu-mishinu-1685888/

Russian skater Mikhail Kolyada should soon begin training in the group of Alexei Mishin , a source familiar with the situation told SE. Mishin was not available for comment.

ETA: Confirmed. Kolyada goes to Mishin.

The St. Petersburg Figure Skating Federation has submitted documents to the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) to transfer the bronze medalist of the World Championship Mikhail Kolyada to coach Alexei Mishin. This was reported to TASS by the president of the FFKKR Alexander Gorshkov.

The previous coach of 25-year-old Kolyada was Valentina Chebotareva, with whom he worked since the beginning of his career.

"The FFKKR has a package of documents from the Figure Skating Federation of St. Petersburg on the transition of Mikhail Kolyada to Alexei Mishin," said Gorshkov. "We do not mind."
https://tass.ru/sport/8830667