Japanese Junior Nationals 2015 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Japanese Junior Nationals 2015

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thank you Interspectator and NMURA for your prompt report. I want to watch videos of all of them. They did wonderful job.
Yuna S. is growing on me, too. Congrats Wakaba, Yuna, and Yukoi!

I remember Yokoi at one of the JGP last season with Akiko's coach( I forgot his name). I guess team Akiko always brings out a top-notch presentation.

The last group was really, really good. And such nice dresses for all the ladies as well. Yokoi in the interview has such a low voice:biggrin:
As soon as the medalist interview ends the girls are given CDs (I think of their performances) as they walk away and a protocol sheet. Which they are studying intently together. -Report card time. :biggrin:

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks for your reports NMURA and specs!! congratulations to all medalists!!! must be great feeling for Wakaba to defend her title after rough season! :clap: so sad for Marin though, very low chance to see her at JW now :cry: hopefully next season baby :cheer:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Wakaba had been battling back injury at the beginning of the season so she couldn't train like she wanted to. -Seems to be getting herself back on track.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
another thing i noticed, plenty of 2A3T combos, can we call it Satoko effect? :biggrin:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
If you can't do a 3-3 then a 2a-3t at the end of the program gets the same points.
Wakaba put her 3-3 at the back half though which is even better.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i wasnt complaining, sorry if i sounded like it, i lovee Satoko, she is one of my favourites :love: but i see increase of 2-3 combo this season and i dont mind 2-3 combos when done well :agree:

MIM

Medalist
So, Wakaba switched 3Lz-3R to 3Lz-3T in the beginning and kept the 3Lz-3T second half. Silly question, can she jump the same combination jump twice?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
only level1 for stsq for Marin and level2 spin, those are valuable points, she cant afford to make these kind of mistakes :palmf: :hpull:

MIM

Medalist
only level1 for stsq for Marin and level2 spin, those are valuable points, she cant afford to make these kind of mistakes :palmf: :hpull:

Marin and Wakaba are the only girls who did 5 jumping passes in the second half. Marin's program seems very demanding and actually she got pretty good GOEs for her stsq. :console:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Marin and Wakaba are the only girls who did 5 jumping passes in the second half. Marin's program seems very demanding and actually she got pretty good GOEs for her stsq. :console:

yeah, thats what makes it more upsetting, looking at her GOEs for her elements she has so much potential but she does little mistakes here and there, but looking at her training mates, they seems very strong mentally (Satoko is on the top) and hopefully she will learn a lot from them :cheer:
and i am curious about coach Hamada's reaction about her levels, i remember reading an interview of her and she said sth like she doesnt push her students on jumps so much when they dont feel so good at practice but she doesnt let her students slack off when it comes to spins and steps :laugh:

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
yeah, thats what makes it more upsetting, looking at her GOEs for her elements she has so much potential but she does little mistakes here and there, but looking at her training mates, they seems very strong mentally (Satoko is on the top) and hopefully she will learn a lot from them :cheer:
and i am curious about coach Hamada's reaction about her levels, i remember reading an interview of her and she said sth like she doesnt push her students on jumps so much when they dont feel so good at practice but she doesnt let her students slack off when it comes to spins and steps :laugh:

Interesting, I was looking at protocols for last year, and Marin got level 1 on her Stsq in her SP and level 2 on her Stsq in LP. Those calls probably cost her 2nd place since she was less than a point away from it. She has a lot of potential, but keeps making mistakes which drops her down. Hope she does better in the JGPF.

I guess it looks like Wakaba and Yuna.S is going to junior worlds. Wonder who the last one will be. If Marin podiums at the JGPF and does well in senior nationals (assuming she gets to go) do you guys think she would get the last place? I don't see anybody else getting the spots, besides maybe Mai and Kaori.

NMURA

Medalist
Senior Nationals participants

Yamamoto, Tomono, Miyata, Shimada, Nakamura, Sumoto
Higuchi (seeded), Shiraiwa, Yokoi, Nitaya, Sakamoto, Honda, Aoki

Sorry for Mihara.... but Marin can have the better chance for the third spot of JW

Skaters assigned for the Youth Olympics

Yamamoto, Shimada
Shiraiwa, Sakamoto

Wakaba must have declined... but why?

burntBREAD

Medalist
Feel bad for Mihara as she does not qualify for Seniors and thus is most likely out of contention for a Jr. Worlds spot, hope she can have a good JGPF! Looks like Jr Worlds will likely be Shiraiwa and Higuchi, and then most likely Honda unless someone has a breakout Sr. Nationals (perhaps they will send Nagai even?).

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Junior Ladies SP

unofficial results
http://deep-edge.net/rs/nc2015/natj_JLsp.html

1 Wakaba Higuchi 66.83 3Lz3T 3F 2A all second half
2 Yuna Shiraiwa 62.77 3F 3Lz3T 2A
3 Rika Kihira 53.38 3Lz3T 3F stepout 2A
6 Mai Mihara 49.08 3Lz fall 2A 3F

Hi NMURA, in preparation for Japan Nationals I just wanted to ask you how you found these links. I went to the home page of that website and tried to find the live results page myself, but I just could not find it. Each time I tried it linked me to the JSF page, which is not updated live. Therefore, I just wanted to ask how do I access the live results page? Thanks!

malo42

On the Ice
Hi NMURA, in preparation for Japan Nationals I just wanted to ask you how you found these links. I went to the home page of that website and tried to find the live results page myself, but I just could not find it. Each time I tried it linked me to the JSF page, which is not updated live. Therefore, I just wanted to ask how do I access the live results page? Thanks!

What I do is check the deepedgenet twitter account, they're linked there and once you have the link for one event it's not hard to figure out the urls for others.