Japanese Junior Nationals 2015 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Japanese Junior Nationals 2015

Mirunna

Record Breaker
So even if, let's say, Mihara wins JGPF and obtains the best junior scores of the season, she still doesn't get a chance to go to Jr Worlds?

koheikun90

On the Ice
So even if, let's say, Mihara wins JGPF and obtains the best junior scores of the season, she still doesn't get a chance to go to Jr Worlds?

And she doesn't qualify for senior nationals? That's just silly to know one of their best and most consistent skaters won't get a chance to compete.

MIM

Medalist
Some of the Junior Ladies LPs for you.
Thank you Interspectator! I was looking forward to it!!:agree::agree::agree:

Wakaba Higuchi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2NgI8PtCSo
A redemption skate! Her skating is very commanding. She has Patrick's feet!
Wakaba probably focused on her strength to get confidence back and keep the title. But she needs to include other stuff, presentation. This should be part of her skating, too. If she let go any opportunities to do this, I am afraid it hardens as a habit. She needs to find a balance. Now she got her jumps back, she is ready for the next.

Yuna Shiraiwa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3DsmF39RX4
Yuna is very interesting. I like watching her, she is like a blank canvas. She doesn't have a put-on character on her face. But she skates with her own emotion/personality. Watching her stsq, she could improve on her skating skills, not because she was poor at them in any means, but because she could gain more bodily freedom to express her feelings at any tempo. I sensed she intuitively wants to express the intricate choreo slowly to the nuance and beat of the music, while her feet goes faster to complete the required steps.

Yuhana Yokoi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wsT5N_fjkw
What a performance! I didn't see Akiko compete in junior, but Yuhana could not be far from her. She is having a moment! Her tech contents are not as difficult as the two above. But, she performs using her body 100%. It is so much fun to watch junior skaters. It is clear what she was taught from the coach, and what she wants to attack at this competition. Her bright personality is guided to express this iconic music well. Her skating skills has been magically improved since last year JGP and utilized in this program perfectly as well as supporting freedom in the upper-body. It almost looks like she picked this music early and all her training was scheduled/prioritized to tackle this program.

I feel for Marin. She didn't perform as good as she did at the JGPs. But she is the one of the best junior skaters and will spend her time wisely if not competing. I am glad I can still see her at the JGPF, as well as other talented young Japanese skaters at the JW.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I feel for Marin. She didn't perform as good as she did at the JGPs. But she is the one of the best junior skaters and will spend her time wisely if not competing. I am glad I can still see her at the JGPF, as well as other talented young Japanese skaters at the JW.

Marin qualified for nationals, If I understand correctly, which means she has her chance to fight for a spot on the junior world team.

MIM

Medalist
Marin qualified for nationals, If I understand correctly, which means she has her chance to fight for a spot on the junior world team.

Oh really? Good for Marin! The other girls need to keep their focus for the spots! Let the best girls go to BCA and Boston!
Thank you for the update!:)

Last edited: