2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb Pairs | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 Golden Spin of Zagreb Pairs

mrrice

Record Breaker
Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN (USA) 171.** Into 2nd
Beautiful Red Dress (Her dresses are always beautiful)
Journey Medley
PB 173.40
Nice 3 Twist
Hand to Hand Lift
3 sal
throw 2 sal
messy 3-2 toe combo
hand to waist lift gorgeous
Hand to hand lift
throw 2 axle two foot with fall
Nice ovation. Good energy for the program. Love their lifts.
My favorite US Pair.

There are too many US teams for me to keep track of and I know nothing about pairs. However, congratulations on winning the Free Skate. Good luck at Nationals. How are Brenden and Haven doing? Are they back on the ice yet?

Last edited:

Art&Sport

Medalist
^^ Apparently Kayne/O'Shea from the U.S. won the free skate at Golden Spin, not Castelli/ Tran. Although, I like Castelli/Tran the most. I think they have great style and chemistry, but they need to gain consistency on all their elements and add more difficulty to their program. C/T came in third in the sp at Golden Spin, but dropped in the free skate, while K/O came in 6th in the sp, and then apparently pulled off a shocker first place effort in the fp, which had them switching positions in the final standings with their U.S. teammates.

K/O and C/T will be battling for the 2nd spot for the U.S. Worlds team. Wit this effort, they may now have a leg up on C/T.

sses1

On the Ice
C/T need a better second throw.

They tried the double flip but that didn't work for them so I guess they figure to mess up a double axel will get them more points. Apparently Marissa can't do the triple loop and her and Mervin can't do a quad yet so they are left with very little options.

andromache

Record Breaker
They were trying to build to a 3F, but it was just not happening.

Will they be able to get it by next season do you think? Is it matter of being trained with different techniques? Is one of them just bad at throw jumps?

C/T are a gorgeous pair so it'll be a shame if they aren't able to get a decent second throw jump.