Australian Champs: Predictions Game (N/S) | Golden Skate

Australian Champs: Predictions Game (N/S)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here is the thread where you can make your predictions for the Australian Championships.

Entries/Results Page:
http://www.nswisa.com/results/live/index.htm

Please Note: Since this is a VERY last minute addition to the Predictions Game, it is a “Just For Fun” non-scoring round.

The Senior Pairs competition starts tomorrow. However, there is only one entry, so it would not count anyway. And it is the same with Ice Dance. So, it will just be the Senior Singles categories that we will be predicting on.

The Senior Singles competitions start on 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] December 2015 at 18:45 AEDT (07:45 GMT) with the Men’s Short.

So, the target time to get your predictions in is 1 hour before that, i.e. 17:45 AEDT (06:45 GMT)

But, we will be accepting predictions for each category right up to the start of that category's Short Programme.

If you need any help working out what time this is where you are, here is the Time Converter that Mrs. P has been very kindly directing us to the past couple of years.

Entries

Ladies:

StN.
Name
Nation

Warm-Up Group 1

Sarah CULLEN
NSW
Brooklee HAN
QLD
Kayla DOIG
QLD
Harmonie WONG
SA
Katie PASFIELD
NSW

Warm-Up Group 2

Natalie SULLIVAN
QLD
Bailey WARR
QLD
Yancey CHAN
QLD
Amelia SADLER
NSW
Kailani CRAINE
NSW
Chantelle KERRY
NSW

Men:

StN.
Name
Nation

Warm-Up Group 1

Cameron HEMMERT
NSW
Ryan DODDS
QLD
Andrew DODDS
QLD
Brendan KERRY
NSW
Jordan DODDS
QLD

Pairs:

StN.
Name
Nation

Warm-Up Group 1

Paris STEPHENS / Matthew DODDS
QLD

Dance:

StN.
Name
Nation

Warm-Up Group 1

Emiley PIKE / Patrick ADDERLEY
NSW

Let the fun begin!!! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Actually, there is one senior dance team, Emily Pike and Patrick Adderley. Interestingly, Adderley used to partner Katrina Friend (who is now skating with William Badaoui) in the junior dance event.

Friend and Badaoui have also earned the minimum TES for junior worlds and should the ISA send them, Four Continents as well.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
My picks are:

1. Brendan Kerry
2. Andrew Dodds
3. Cameron Hemmert

1. Kailani Craine
2. Brooklee Han
3. Katie Pasfield

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Actually, there is one senior dance team, Emily Pike and Patrick Adderley. Interestingly, Adderley used to partner Katrina Friend (who is now skating with William Badaoui) in the junior dance event.

Friend and Badaoui have also earned the minimum TES for junior worlds and should the ISA send them, Four Continents as well.

I am so sorry! I must have accidentally clicked on the Free Dance link instead of the Short Dance link. :eek:: :palmf: :slink:

I'll fix it now.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My picks are:

1. Brendan Kerry
2. Andrew Dodds
3. Cameron Hemmert

1. Kailani Craine
2. Brooklee Han
3. Katie Pasfield

Erm, just so that you know, we normally pick a Top 6 in our Predictions Games. The Top 5 are scored, and the sixth is an alternate in case anybody withdraws at the last minute (or even during the competition).

I know this is a "Just for fun" exercise, but you may as well predict on more than just the podium positions. It's more fun that way! ;) :biggrin:

By the way, when doing these threads, I normally add in links to ISU Bios for those skaters that have them. It helps the players get more familiar with the skaters. But, I was in that big a rush yesterday that I forgot! :eek:: So, I have done it now.

Sorry, everybody! :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
My biggest question is and sorry if it was noted by Karne already, but where do we find a live stream to the nationals? :scratch2:

As for the results, it is tough for the ladies. Kailani is in great shape and she is the defending champion, but we should not write Brooklee off and maybe Chantelle can take advantage of mistakes by said two if they battle it out.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My biggest question is and sorry if it was noted by Karne already, but where do we find a live stream to the nationals? :scratch2:

As for the results, it is tough for the ladies. Kailani is in great shape and she is the defending champion, but we should not write Brooklee off and maybe Chantelle can take advantage of mistakes by said two if they battle it out.

I don't know of any plans for a live stream, I don't think there is one. It's such a shame, but I understand, too - it takes a lot of volunteers to get the event up and running, and it would take even more to run a live stream also.

Completed segments:
All synchro events
All adult events
Primary Ladies
Primary Men
Intermediate Ladies
Intermediate Men
Novice Ladies

In progress:
Primary Dance (Patterns complete, Free Dance tomorrow)
Novice Dance (Patterns complete, Free Dance tomorrow)
Novice Men (SP complete, FS tomorrow)
Junior Pairs (SP complete, FS tomorrow)
Senior Pairs (SP complete, FS tomorrow)

Still to come:
Junior Ladies (SP tomorrow, LP Thursday)
Junior Men (SP tomorrow, LP Thursday)
Primary Pairs (FS tomorrow)
Senior Ladies (SP Thursday, FS Friday)
Senior Men (SP Thursday, FS Friday)
Junior Dance (SD Thursday, FD Friday)
Senior Dance (SD Thursday, FD Friday)

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Thank you for the heads - up.

Even though there are only five competing in the men's event, my choices are:

1. Brendan Kerry
2. Andrew Dodds
3. Cameron Hemmert
4. Jordan Dodds
5. Ryan Dodds

Ladies:

1. Kailani Craine
2. Brooklee Han
3. Katie Pasfield
4. Chantelle Kerry
5. Amelia Sadler
6. Harmonie Wong

Nirti

Medalist
1st predictions here ^^

1. Brendan Kerry
2. Andrew Dodds
3. Cameron Hemmert
4. Ryan Dodds
5. Jordan Dodds

1. Brooklee Han
2. Kailani Craine
3. Chantelle Kerry
4. Amelia Sadler
5. Katie Pasfield
6. Yancey Chan

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
Ladies

Junior Kailani,Amelia J, Katie
James M, Charlton, Michael

Senior Brooklee, Kailani, Amelia S
ANDREW

Why is Kailani skating junior after winning senior last year?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't know. She's still young enough to do so so I guess it's her choice. She's not the only one - Katie Pasfield is also doing both Junior and Senior.

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
I don't know. She's still young enough to do so so I guess it's her choice. She's not the only one - Katie Pasfield is also doing both Junior and Senior.
Yes but she was senior champion the others have not skated both before. Just interested as seems strange

Layback11

Record Breaker
Ladies:

1. Brooklee HAN
2. Kailani CRAINE
3. Katie PASFIELD
4. Amelia SADLER
5. Chantelle KERRY
6. Harmonie WONG

Men's:

1. Brendan KERRY
2. Andrew DODDS
3. Jordan DODDS
4. Cameron HEMMERT
5. Ryan DODDS

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THIS IS YOUR ONE HOUR WARNING.

You have just 1 hour left until the target time to get your predictions in, i.e. until 17:45 AEDT (06:45 GMT)

But, as usual in my Games, this is just a target time so that you are not rushing about at the last minute. Predictions for each category will still be accepted up until the start of that category’s Short Programme.

Right, back to formulating my predictions!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Given that I only know about 3 skaters in each category, this was a real stab in the dark. But, that is what makes it all the more fun!

I don’t know if anybody has picked this up, but over the past year or so, I have become a massive fan of Kailani. And I was so tempted to put her at the top of my predictions. But, then I realised that she was entered in both the Junior and Senior competitions. And the Junior FS and the Senior SP are being held on the same day! :eek:

OK, so there are 4h 30m between the start of the Junior FS and the Senior SP. But, Kailani was leading the Junior competition after the SP, and so will be starting last the Junior FS. I suppose the saving grace for her may be that she is the penultimate skater to start the Senior SP. So, she should have near enough the full 4h30m in between programmes.

I know Kailani’s a very fit girl (in all senses of the phrase… ;) ), but this might be asking too much of her.

Incidentally, Katie Pasfield is in the same boat. Although, her situation is even worse than Kailani’s. Katie was 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] in the Junior SP, 5.81 points behind Kailani and 4.14 points ahead of 3rd place. HOWEVER, she is starting the Senior SP in the first group. So, given that she is the penultimate skater to start the Junior FS, she will have an even smaller gap between her programmes (roughly 3 hours, if my calculations are correct).

As there are so few of the entries that have full ISU Bios, I went onto Stats On Ice to look up everybody. And it was VERY helpful, as they did have past results and PB’s for everybody! (Well done Curran!!! :bow: :cheer: :points: )

Although, I did notice that a few of the skaters had THREE profiles – a main profile, as well as partial Junior and Senior profiles. These partial profiles are an overflow for events where the skater was competing at more than one level. Because of the layout of the results tables, both results could not be put into the table on the main profile. So, this was the best compromise solution Curran could come up with. Not ideal, but at least it means the results are on the site.

As it happened, when I sorted them by PB, the Top 4 ladies ended up in the order I wanted them to! So, didn’t make any changes.

I used the same tactic with the Men. However, there was a complication. When doing the Ladies, I found that they were in the same order regardless of whether I went by the “ISU” PB table, or by the “Non-ISU” PB table. But, this was not the case when it came to Cameron Hemmert and Jordan Dodds.

Cameron had the higher Non-ISU PB of the two, while Jordan had the higher ISU PB. In both cases, the Non-ISU score was the higher PB for each skater, and both these scores were achieved last season.

In the end, I gave Cameron the nod as he was the one that had the highest score. Plus, that score was achieved at a higher ranking competition (National level, as opposed to Jordan’s which was at Regional level).

Although they are not being scored due to only having one entry each, I felt I had to include Pairs and Dance in my predictions post, just to make it feel complete!

It will be interesting to see how this ends up.

All the best everybody!

CaroLiza_fan

AUSTRALIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ladies

1. Brooklee HAN, QLD
2. Kailani CRAINE, NSW
3. Chantelle KERRY, NSW
4. Katie PASFIELD, NSW
5. Amelia SADLER, NSW
6. Yancey CHAN, QLD

Just for fun
7. Kayla DOIG, QLD
8. Bailey WARR, QLD
9. Sarah CULLEN, NSW
10. Natalie SULLIVAN, QLD
11. Harmonie WONG, SA

Men

1. Brendan KERRY, NSW
2. Andrew DODDS, QLD
3. Cameron HEMMERT, NSW
4. Jordan DODDS, QLD
5. Ryan DODDS, QLD

Pairs

1. Paris STEPHENS / Matthew DODDS, QLD

Ice Dance

1. Emiley PIKE / Patrick ADDERLEY, NSW

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am afraid that the target time for getting your predictions in has now passed.

However, if you still want to enter we will still be accepting predictions for each discipline up until the start of their Short Programme.

EDIT: If it helps, Kailani won the Junior FS with a score of 101.72, meaning she won the overall competition with a score to 154.63. Katie was 3rd in the Junior FS with a score of 72.09, meaning she slipped to 3rd overall with a score of 119.19. But, she was only 0.8 behind Amelia Jackson who got the silver medal.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, I'm still bumbling around trying to work out how to score, but I can tell you all that the gold medal for the men's predictions goes to Layback11, who was the ONLY person to correctly pick all five placements!

For reference while I figure out this scoring gig, here are the official top five results:

MEN

1. Brendan KERRY
2. Andrew DODDS
3. Jordan DODDS
4. Cameron HEMMERT
5. Ryan DODDS

LADIES

1. Kailani CRAINE
2. Brooklee HAN
3. Chantelle KERRY
4. Katie PASFIELD
5. Yancey CHAN