Alina Ustimkina & Nikita Volodin | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Alina Ustimkina & Nikita Volodin

The Finn

Record Breaker
It seems they will skate their 2nd CS event at Minsk. They won their 1st ever CS event last season and if they do well they have a decent chance at medaling in Minsk also.

Lana05

Final Flight
They will participate in Poland at their 2nd challenger this year, hope they'll show much better skate this time

The Finn

Record Breaker
Alina and Nikita didn't do well this season and since she was rather tall for a pair skater and she struggled with her jumps it is not surprising that they splitted up.

Nikita is skating with Amina Atakhanova now and they will make their debut next week.

The Finn

Record Breaker
According to rumors Alina is now skating with Rogonov. Or at least she is having a try out with him.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Some people are saying that Alexei has confirmed in a new interview that he will skate with Alina next season.

hanca

Record Breaker
Some people are saying that Alexei has confirmed in a new interview that he will skate with Alina next season.

But she is 162 cm and he is 180, so it is only 18 am difference between them. For comparison, Volodin is 186. Astakhova is 156 cm. So both Astakhova/Rogonov and Ustimkina/Volodin had extra 6cm between them than Ustimkina/Rogonov.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Their difference in height might be less than 18 cm because ISU list him as 178 cm and Alina might be taller than 162 cm nowadays. Likely some of her jumping problems last season was at least partly because of her growth. In any case I would think that Alina has got her jumps back because I highly doubt Alexei would have taken her if she wouldn't have got her jumps back.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I was sad to see Ustimkina/ Volodin split, but at the end she got to tall for him and she had jump issues so I’m very surprised to see that a few months later she is back competing with Rogonov. In an interview she seemed quite at ease with her decision to retire from the sport.

Like The Finn says I can only assume she has got her jumps back because there is no way Rogonov would settle for anything less, with all the post Olympic retirements and career breaks there is opportunities to reach a podium, especially in Europe. Maybe not at world level.

Best of luck to them, she is a very stylish skater and not someone who would strike me a match for him but I will be happy to be proved wrong.

hanca

Record Breaker
Their difference in height might be less than 18 cm because ISU list him as 178 cm and Alina might be taller than 162 cm nowadays. Likely some of her jumping problems last season was at least partly because of her growth. In any case I would think that Alina has got her jumps back because I highly doubt Alexei would have taken her if she wouldn't have got her jumps back.
The TV link says only 13 cm difference, so it is possible that she grew more.