British Champs: Predictions Game (N/S) | Golden Skate

British Champs: Predictions Game (N/S)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here is the thread where you can make your predictions for the British Championships.

Entries/Results Page:
http://www.icephoto.co.uk/British15/

Please Note: Since this is a VERY last minute addition to the Predictions Game, it is a “Just For Fun” non-scoring round.

There is only one entry in Senior Pairs, so it will not count. But all the other Senior categories will count.

The Senior competitions start on 5[SUP]th[/SUP] December 2015 at 15:13 GMT with the Short Dance. (Very precise timings!)

So, the target time to get your predictions in is 1 hour before that, i.e. 14:13 GMT

But, we will be accepting predictions for each category right up to the start of that category's Short Programme.

If you need any help working out what time this is where you are, here is the Time Converter that Mrs. P has been very kindly directing us to the past couple of years.

Entries

Ladies:

No.NameNat.
1Deborah BELLOXF
2Michelle CALLISONDDE
3Bryony CORRIGAN-RATTRAYHUL
4Danielle HARRISONDDE
5Rowena MACKESSACK-LEITCHMOR
6Natasha MCKAYDDE
7Nina POVEYSOL
8Katie POWELLNISA
9Karly ROBERTSONDDE
10Anastasia VAIPAN-LAWDDE
11Lucy-Anne WALKERBRA
12Zoe WILKINSON
SWI

Men:

Pairs:

Dance:

EDIT: Here are the Bios I have used for couples that have changed partners since they last competed internationally.

Ice Dance

Luke RUSSELL (with Rebecca KEMPT for GBR)

EDIT (3[SUP]rd[/SUP] December 2015): Found out who Zoe Wilkinson was, and added in link to her ISU Bio​

Let the fun begin!!! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Nirti

Medalist
Let's try :

1. Phillip Harris
2. Charles Parry-Evans
3. Harry Mattick
4. Peter Hallam
5. Lewis Gibson
6. Jamie Wright

1. Karly Robertson
2. Danielle Harrison
3. Katie Powell
4. Nina Povey
5. Anastasia Vaipan-Law
6. Natasha McKay

1. Coomes/Buckland
2. Jones/Sharpe
3. Hirst/Barrett
4. Dufour/Russell

Layback11

Record Breaker
Ladies:

1. Danielle Harrison
2. Karly Robertson
3. Katie Powell
4. Natasha McKay
5. Nina Povey
6. Anastasia Vaipan-Law

Men:

1. Charles Parry-Evans
2. Phillip Harris
3. Peter Hallam
4. Harry Mattick
5. Lewis Gibson
6. Jamie Wright

Dance
1. Coomes/Buckland
2. Hirst/Barrett
3. Jones/Sharpe
4. Dufour/Russell

Icebethy

Rinkside
Country
Wales
Ladies:
1. Zoe WILKINSON
2. Danielle Harrison
3. Karly Robertson
4. Katie Powell
5. Natasha McKay
6. Nina Povey

Men:

1. Phillip Harris
2. Peter Hallam
3. Charles Parry-Evans
4. Lewis Gibson
5. Jamie Wright

Dance
1. Coomes/Buckland
2. Hirst/Barrett
3. Jones/Sharpe
4. Dufour/Russell

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ladies:
1. Zoe WILKINSON

:jaw:

Thank you so much for going against the grain.

Due to you choosing Zoe to win despite the fact that I could find no info on her, curiosity got the better of me. I was wondering if you were maybe her Mum! :laugh:

So, I looked her up on Facebook. And then I saw some wedding photos. So I instantly glanced up at the address for her profile, and realised who she was:

Zoe Jones

Now I totally understand why you put her in first place! :agree: 2 time British Champion at the start of the Millennium, and frequent podium finisher in the 90's!

With her pedigree, I will definitely be putting her in my Top 6 predictions!

Fair play to Zoe to be back competing at 35 years old!

I will now add the ISU Bio link to the table in the OP.

CaroLiza_fan

Icebethy

Rinkside
Country
Wales
:jaw:

I was wondering if you were maybe her Mum! :laugh:

Haha, not her mum, but an adult skater in the UK who has been watching her since she came onto the adult scene with admiration. She has been doing well on the adult scene scoring the highest ever for an adult and I saw her with triples at British adult championship in June, so im taking a bit of a guess she will be high up if she skates well.

Icebethy

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry that this is relatively late. I forgot! :eek::

In the Ladies, there are only 3 skaters that I have seen before. Pretty much everybody else is an unknown entity to me.

So, I looked up all of them on Stats On Ice, and ordered them by PB. And I found something interesting.

This is not Zoe Jones’s first Senior competition this season. She was 2nd in Skate Southern in September, beating pretty much everybody that is competing in the British Championships, except for Nina Povey (who won) and Robertson, Harrison and Powell, who weren’t there.

Then she won the SP at the Basingstoke Open ahead of Michelle Callison, before they both withdrew. (Lucy-Anne Walker, who had been 3rd in the SP, ended up winning)

Zoe’s PB puts her 7th on the list. But, that is only 2 points behind Povey’s PB, which put her in 4th on the list.

All along , I had been intending on putting Zoe as my 5th position. But now, I am definitely putting her a place higher!

With the Men, I went purely by PB. And I got some surprises. Not least that the gaps between the PB’s of the Top 3 were so big. And that Charlie Parry-Evans was at the bottom of the list. Well, I suppose somebody has to be!

Dance was a mixed bag. I only knew 2 of the couples, and it was pretty obvious that they should be the Top 2, and what order they should be in. But the other 2 couples were brand new partnerships for this season! So, there wasn’t much to go on.

According to the data on Stats On Ice, they haven’t competed against each other. Yes, they both competed at the IJS Sheffield, but just to confuse us, they were in separate competitions. Hirst / Barrett were third the main competition, behind Coomes / Buckland and Jones / Sharpe. But DuFour / Russell were in a “Guest” competition with another couple, which they comfortably won.

So, since there was no other way to compare them, I went purely by PB’s.

All the best everybody!

CaroLiza_fan

BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ladies

1. Karly ROBERTSON, DDE
2. Danielle HARRISON, DDE
3. Katie POWELL, NISA
4. Zoe WILKINSON, SWI
5. Nina POVEY, SOL
6. Natasha MCKAY, DDE

Just for fun
7. Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW, DDE
8. Michelle CALLISON, DDE
9. Lucy-Anne WALKER, BRA
10. Bryony CORRIGAN-RATTRAY, HUL
11. Deborah BELL, OXF
12. Rowena MACKESSACK-LEITCH, MOR

Men

1. Phillip HARRIS, COV
2. Peter-James HALLAM, SHE
3. Harry MATTICK, COV
4. Lewis GIBSON, MAG
5. Jamie WRIGHT, EK
6. Charlie PARRY-EVANS, NOT

Pairs

1. Amani FANCY / Christopher BOYADI, NISA

Ice Dance

1. Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND, NOT
2. Carter JONES / Richard SHARPE, NISA
3. Eleanor HIRST / Jordan BARRETT, SLO
4. Olivia DUFOUR / Luke RUSSELL, NISA

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
THIS IS YOUR TWO HOUR WARNING.

You have just 2 hours left until the target time to get your predictions in, i.e. until 14:13 GMT

But, as usual in my Games, this is just a target time so that you are not rushing about at the last minute. Predictions for each category will still be accepted up until the start of that category’s Short Programme.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am afraid that the target time for getting your predictions in has now passed.

However, if you still want to enter we will still be accepting predictions for each discipline up until the start of their Short Programme.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I decided to score the British Championships myself to test out what the formula was like before unleashing it onto the other scorers.

IT IS BRILLIANT!!!! THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT OUT SAMKRUT!!!! :bow: :points:

And thank you to matmuh for sending it to me! :thank:

It took a bit of time to work out what I was doing. But, once I did get it worked out, I was flying through the scoring! Using the formula definitely made it a lot quicker and easier. And I would encourage everybody to use it if they are scoring!

The spreadsheet and the Hall Of Fame have both been updated to include the British Championships.

Men

GOLD: CaroLiza_fan and Icebethy with 55 points!
(Got the top 2 right, but the other 3 in the wrong order).

SILVER: Nirti with 45 points!
(Got the winner right, but the others in the wrong order).

BRONZE: Layback11 with 35 points!
(Putting Charlie Parry-Evans to win really messed up the scores for the others).

Ladies

Katie Powell and Karly Robertson not doing as well as expected really messed up most people’s predictions.

GOLD: Icebethy with 45 points!
(Correct placement for McKay, scored nothing on Powell, and only 1 place out on everybody else).

SILVER: Layback11 with 35 points!
(The only player to correctly predict the winner!)

BRONZE: Nirti and CaroLiza_fan with 20 points
(Well, we both scored 10 points for putting Harrison in 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]. But, there’s not much else to brag about!)

Dance

Only 2 medals here. Everybody got first and fourth places correct. It was just a case of getting the middle 2 couples the right way around.

GOLD: CaroLiza_fan and Nirti with the full 60 points!

SILVER: Icebethy and Layback11 with 50 points!
(Got 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] the wrong way around).

Please let me know if you spot any mistakes.

Since starting on this post, I have already found one mistake. And, unfortunately for me, spotting that mistake dropped me from first place in Ladies to last place! :bang: (I had copied in my Men’s score instead of my Ladies score! :eek:: )

Oh well. Winning isn’t everything…

CaroLiza_fan