2015-16 Grand Prix Final Short Dance | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Short Dance

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Well, person with no technical ice dance knowledge watches the top 4:

W/P: :love: This is a very pretty dance. I like it.

C/B: Is it bad that the first ten seconds of the program weirded me out?

C/L: I want to set Anna's costume on fire and I was expecting to like them better.

Shibs: :love:

:slink:

Astrid56

Final Flight
The best female ice dancer for me is Maddison Chock. True ballroom dancing has a lot of little nuances, the little bits with the finger, turning of the face and looking away from your partner, she captures that so perfectly. C/B's foxtrot/waltz tonight just gave me the chills, in real ballroom terms, it is perfection, a 10/10!!

Amen! I love that she and Evan performed it in true Ballroom fashion! What a dance!

Last edited:

whatif

Medalist
Dear Jesus! This competition is so freaking boring. I just can't muster any enthusiasm. What's wrong with me!!!!

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Compared to the other events held today, the dancers skated beautifully with only a few noticeable errors. The unfortunate thing about dance was the judging, and I don't say that because my favorites aren't at the top of the leader board. In what universe do those twizzles from the Shibs rank 3rd? How can C/L make an obvious error and still get their level 4 twizzle? I thought the days of "place holding" were over after last year but after today, I think that politics is very much alive and ruining dance.

mylifeback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I thought everyone skated very well today, so congratulations to all the teams & their fans.

My favorites today were C/B, H/D, and B/S; each had a different style and I thought performed beautifully in their style. I agree I think S/S & C/L should have been switched mainly because of C/L's suspect twizzle sequence, but I have no quibble with the rest of the placements. Overall, the top few teams are very tight in points so it should be an exciting FD competition tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to the videos with commentary as so far I just have my own opinion from watching.

SunDae

Rinkside
Sitting in the crowd, Shibs have some ardent fans and got the loudest ovation. There are two girls who wrote Shib and then Sibs on their respective foreheads like they were soccer/futbal fans! So cute.

Special little moment not seen on camera probably but for me, was at the end of the warm up for the first group. This is normally a very tense time with everyone taking big nervous breaths but Alex said something to Dimitri as they skated together that made them both laugh. Maia skated near them and they with Katia seemed together like such good sportsmanship examples. Very natural like they wish each other to be happy at that moment before they compete against one another.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
After re-watching the videos, I have to say everyone danced well and brought their A game, Cappellini/Lanotte's twizzles aside. As sad as I am that placeholder judging is now back since all of the teams were more-or-less brought up on COP and there are no more real holdovers from 6.0 to be left behind, at least the Shibs received a near full standing ovation (more than the other teams based on the videos) and thunderous applause throughout the dance and afterwards. That's something their dancing has not always inspired internationally. Good for them for having vehicles the audiences can get behind. It's a lot like Weaver/Poje back in the 2012 where their Je Suis Malade was the program for many people that season and it showed in the live audience reaction.

Sitting in the crowd, Shibs have some ardent fans and got the loudest ovation. There are two girls who wrote Shib and then Sibs on their respective foreheads like they were soccer/futbal fans! So cute.

Special little moment not seen on camera probably but for me, was at the end of the warm up for the first group. This is normally a very tense time with everyone taking big nervous breaths but Alex said something to Dimitri as they skated together that made them both laugh. Maia skated near them and they with Katia seemed together like such good sportsmanship examples. Very natural like they wish each other to be happy at that moment before they compete against one another.

Those two girls were caught on TV. It was so cute. Even on Ice Network, it was clear that the Shibs got the loudest ovation, but the crowd seemed pretty loud for all the teams. I loved the clapping along to Weaver/Poje and Chock/Bates got a nice reaction for their final lift. Thanks for sharing the story of Alex and Dmitri and Maia and Katia. The skaters, for the most part, seem to get along with one another.

Last edited:

caitie

Medalist
The audience in Barcelona has been wonderful -- so supportive, with so much energy for everyone.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
The Shibutanis' crowd roar inducing twizzles are not being rewarded much.

Here is the scoring for the twizzles. Everyone got level 4. All GOEs are shown though obviously some not used in final scoring because of high and low score eliminations. I put the names last so the numbers would line up.

8.14 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 Chock/Bates
8.06 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 Hubbell/Donohue
7.97 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 Shibutanis
7.91 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 Cappellini/Lanotte
7.91 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 0 Weaver/Poje
7.80 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 Bobrova/Soloviev

Shibs didn't get the highest score??? Now I'm glad I missed the short dance.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
B/A and Del/Scho should have both finished higher than Dom/Shab. Dom/Shab's OD and FD were trainwrecks. His knees were so bad at the time they had to use a prop to execute some of their "choreography" in the FD. I still don't understand how they got away with it.

I remember the prop, thought it was weird. I don't remember much about the French D/S except they weren't back to their 2008 form because of Isabelle's time off for pregnancy.

Oh yeah, I also think B/A should have won the 2009 world title instead of Domnina/Shabalin.

beki

Medalist
Just in my opinion C/L should be in last place (the Eurosport guys thought so too). The entire first group skated great and I preferred their programs to C/B and W/P. I thought the event was well-skated, but it might as well have been judged in advance.

deedee1

Record Breaker
SD at this GPF was a dreeeaammm . :love: What a great skate back to back by the current 6 top couples, with defferent styles of skate/programs. Could not stop smiling for their lovely choreography, admiring for their gorgeous costumes, gushing over some super-nice twizzles to go with the music perfectly. And Shib/Shib was the best for me!

Andrew Poje last season was the best with eye-popping gorgeous costume and uniqlo-like subdued costume, I once thought. But he looks more handsome this season, why nobody told me so beforehand??? :love:

Last edited: