2015-16 Grand Prix Final TV & Livestream | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final TV & Livestream

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Many thanks for the info on every event. I really rely on you.
British Eurosport is showing the Opening Ceremony. Anyone know if this will be worth watching ?.
What happens ?.

I actually forgot about it, and am just starting it now on catch up on Eurosport Player! :eek::

It varies. Some events put on a big show with performances from skaters. Others just have youngsters on with flags and then speaches from Speedy and other officials.

This one looks like a show! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
... and then they cut it off before it's finished. :mad: :bang:

Thanks a lot Eurosport! :sarcasm:

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Is Icenetwork's coverage the only live viewing option for the United States? Any other reliable streams that can be accessed from here?

I am going to try an experiment:

I just re-opened the ISU channel and it is still working for me in the U.S. -- not yet geo-blocked. (Also worked fine for the non-geoblocked JGPF.)

Am curious to see whether I will be "grandfathered" in, if I leave the tab open until the Senior Pairs SP starts. :popcorn:

Or ... whether the geo-blocking for the GPF will kick in and cut off the streaming in progress b/c I am in the U.S.

ETA, auser collected a lot of GPF streaming links here:

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
ISU Skating Channel is geoblocked in Denmark, though I can get it to work with Zenmate set to Singapore

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Or ... whether the geo-blocking for the GPF will kick in and cut off the streaming in progress b/c I am the U.S.

If it works anything like other streams (including the 'old' design ISU stream), the stream does not do additional location checks once the stream has started on your device. I almost always drop my VPN connection after starting up geo-blocked streams, and they just keep on running for a long time.

I would be careful about things like pausing, rewinding, etc... sometimes they may interrupt the stream, causing you to reload (and you might get an error).

Unless the stream cuts out and restarts, you will likely keep on seeing it, even if add a geo-block. (Not sure if they would have to stop the stream to add a geo-block, though...)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If it works anything like other streams (including the 'old' design ISU stream), the stream does not do additional location checks once the stream has started on your device. I almost always drop my VPN connection after starting up geo-blocked streams, and they just keep on running for a long time.

I would be careful about things like pausing, rewinding, etc... sometimes they may interrupt the stream, causing you to reload (and you might get an error).

Unless the stream cuts out and restarts, you will likely keep on seeing it, even if add a geo-block. (Not sure if they would have to stop the stream to add a geo-block, though...)

Thx as always for your technical explanations, sabinfire. You have taught me so much :).

So I will try to do the same for the next two days. Watch some of the non-geoblocked JGPF on the ISU Eurovision channel ... then keep the same channel open for the GPF.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
So I will try to do the same for the next two days. Watch some of the non-geoblocked JGPF on the ISU Eurovision channel ... then keep the same channel open for the GPF.

You can try that, but I left the JGPF stream open today after the final event ended, and at some point, the stream stalled (I was away so I'm not sure when it happened). When I tried reloading the page, I was kicked back to the ISU page. It looked to me like the stream did not stay live/active the entire time between the conclusion of the Junior events and the beginning of the Senior.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was able to watch the ISU stream on my phone no problem. I did not keep it open for the two hours between the events. Not sure about tomorrow, though.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Can someone provide links to the Eurovision streams?

The ISU Eurovision link is below. But first I will copy the notation from the site re geo-blocking for senior GPF streaming:

Restriction
Content unavailable in the following territories: (USA, Canada, China, Europe, Japan, Republic of Korea, Central & South America)

- Yesterday some (but not all) of us in the locations listed above got lucky and the GPF streaming still worked for us.
Unpredictable as to whether our luck will continue.​

- Per the ISU, the geoblocking does not apply to JGPF streaming (which really was accessible to all yesterday, except for the first few minutes).
ETA, update: per an ISU tweet today, JGPF streaming is geoblocked in Japan and Korea. https://twitter.com/ISU_Figure/status/675333568608997377

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/live.html?id=7

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
You can try that, but I left the JGPF stream open today after the final event ended, and at some point, the stream stalled (I was away so I'm not sure when it happened). When I tried reloading the page, I was kicked back to the ISU page. It looked to me like the stream did not stay live/active the entire time between the conclusion of the Junior events and the beginning of the Senior.

With the medal ceremonies just finishing today, it looks like the stream may stay live right through to the senior events! It's still up as of now.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
... and then they cut it off before it's finished. :mad: :bang:

Thanks a lot Eurosport! :sarcasm:

CaroLiza_fan

British Eurosport's coverage starts today with the Ice Dance Free at 4.45pm but it starts at 4.25pm.
Do you think they will show the entire thing delayed or do the "usual" Eurosport thing & start half way through then show highlights of stuff we have already seen ?.

auser

Record Breaker
British Eurosport's coverage starts today with the Ice Dance Free at 4.45pm but it starts at 4.25pm.
Do you think they will show the entire thing delayed or do the "usual" Eurosport thing & start half way through then show highlights of stuff we have already seen ?.

Hmm ... so far for the GPF, BESP has shown the entire skating competition live. Look for live streaming links for Italian, Russian and BESP broadcasters in the GPF Free Dance thread http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?57546-2015-16-Grand-Prix-Final-Free-Dance :).

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I just assumed that they were going to show coverage of the entire Free Dance as if it was LIVE, but actually delayed by 15 minutes. That way, it would finish just in time to fit in a repeat of the Pairs FS.

BUT, because the ski jumping is going slowly due to the weather conditions, it looks like British Eurosport isn't going to be showing the full Free Dance now.

The Sky EPG listings have been adjusted as follows:

British Eurosport (All times GMT)

BES1 17:00 – 17:45 Free Dance
BES1 17:45 – 18:45 Pairs Free
BES1 18:45 – 19:45 Ladies Free LIVE
BES1 19:45 – 21:15 Men’s Free LIVE

Given that they had LIVE coverage of the Pairs FS yesterday, you would have thought that it would have been shortened to give the Free Dance the longer slot!

There again, as I've found plenty of times in the past, you can't always trust the EPG times to be accurate!

And, of course, there is still the chance that the second round of the ski jumping will end up getting abandoned.

But, because of forgetting about the Junior Ladies FS, I'm still running behind. I've only reached Simon Ammann (bib #37 of 50) taking his first jump. So I don't know if conditions have worsened sufficiently to neccesitate the 2nd round being cancelled.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
British Eurosport 1 are showing adverts now, so I assume that means the ski jumping is over and the Free Dance will be coming on now.

Right, I'll keep the last 25 jumpers for while I'm eating, and watch the first half hour of the Free Dance coverage LIVE (so to speak!)

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Gala is scheduled for Sunday from 12:00 to 14:30 local time.

On the ISU Eurovision home page, the GPF roto-panel is counting down to that time.

ETA, from the GPF Ladies FS thread:
A gala thread hasn't been posted, but here's the setlist: https://twitter.com/pandaatlarge/status/675792350938034176

Glad to see Mao was invited despite a disappointing skate. In fact, all the senior ladies were invited except for Gracie

Last edited: