2015-16 Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Pairs Free Skate

Giselle

Medalist
I have no intention of being picky on them, just a little curious how much they may score if they are not the only hope of Russia in continuing to dominate this sport?

I'm sorry, what? Russia has the deepest field of the world in pairs. 3 different russian pairs won a GP this year!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
On the side note, Alexander Smirnov must be the nicest partner ever! Always so warm and supportive.
he is:eek:: + excellent sense of humour!

Says that its their little victory

Truly afte always bombing here even bronze warms my heart:luv17:
& Yuko was actually smiling even if she felt guilty

Sweet pic of KSSK at the medal ceremony:luv17:
http://cdn1.img.rsport.ru/images/88494/52/884945219.jpg

coldness is the aim of their programme, it's about a man and his shadow according to the name of the music. This music is taken from the serious documentary film about the american politician.
+100
The music & them is a perfect match
It SHOULD be cold!
& to have actual impact it should be pristine clean yes & sterile (in a good way!)
If its performed with mistakes the impact is none (imo).

Heck no. Sorry. She is stone-faced throughout a ton of that program.
well the answer is above

Haha I wonder if they ever skated some warm sentimental lovey dovey stuff
Like I cant picture them selling "I've finally found someone" or Titanic:rofl2:

Last edited:

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Finally got around to watch the pairs too. Good job Stolbova/Klimov, that was an amazing skate! :agree:

Giselle

Medalist
Haha I wonder if they ever skated some warm sentimental lovey dovey stuff
Like I cant picture them selling "I've finally found someone" or Titanic:rofl2:

I can't picture S/K skating to "I've finally found someone" either, too cheesy.
They've had some Romantic/Lyrical exhibitions : 2014 TEB Gala (Birdy); 2011 Jr Worlds (Clair de Lune).
They've also done funny/Playful with "the adams' family" of course and "La strada". They've skated to a pretty wide range of music but just because they don't do "lovey dovey" stuff people say that they lack artistry...

slider11

Medalist
Although I am not drawn to either Stolbolva/Klimov or Duhamel/Radford, I think they were the worthy 1-2 placements. I do love the male counterparts of the third and fourth place teams. Alexander Smirnov has rock solid male pair skills. His lifts, death spiral pivots and overall presentation skills are superb. And I love how he supports Yuka when she looks so despondent. That poor girl looked so devastated that I hope someone keeps an eye on her. I'm not sure how much longer they can physically compete but that Manfred symphony is a masterpiece. The up and coming are Seguin and Bilodeau. Again, I love Charlie's steady, secure lifts and overall presentation. He is really engaged in the performance. I look forward to their future.

robredo40

On the Ice
stolbova and klimov were overscored their tech content is weak compared to the Canadians, Duhamel and Radford will get their act together by worlds and beat them.

MIM

Medalist
^^ Aliona and Bruno will beat both of them :p

Pairs events keep getting more and more interesting!! Can't wait for all of them to compete at once! :yahoo:

Still rooting for K/S! :hap10:

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Aliona and Bruno can swoop in and they don't even have crazy difficulty. Euros will be très interesante.

If S/K don't win Europeans, Tat and Max will. No way will judges give it to Aliona+New partner. Aliona+Robin, yes, but not Aliona+New Partner.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
If S/K don't win Europeans, Tat and Max will. No way will judges give it to Aliona+New partner. Aliona+Robin, yes, but not Aliona+New Partner.

People also said last year that there's no way judges will give it to anyone other than Stolbova/Klimov. And then Kav/Smirnov swooped in. I agree that V/T and S/K have an advantage but they still need to skate well.

It's like people who thought no way will judges give it to a junior turned senior Medvedeva over a skater like Mao.

Giselle

Medalist
K/S, S/K and V/T have better programs than Aliona and Bruno IMO so they have an advantage over them. This is a sport and what matters is how well they skate on the day.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
People also said last year that there's no way judges will give it to anyone other than Stolbova/Klimov. And then Kav/Smirnov swooped in. I agree that V/T and S/K have an advantage but they still need to skate well.
It's different. S/K messed up their first throw and then didn't get the chance to do their second because Fedor just fell. The judges couldn't possibly give the title to them after that. I bet that if they would have done the 2nd throw, with -3 GOE, they still would have won. That said, I was happy that K/S did win, their FS was great. But I guess they'll never win against S/K again, unless S/K have a meltdown.
I don't think that Aliona and Bruno will win a title except the german championships this season. They aren't there yet. The throws have to get clean and the programs need to be better.

whatif

Medalist
With all due respect to Aliona, she has yet to face a serious competition from any of the top 10 pairs this season. Since we saw her last time with previous partner, the pair skating has evolved and others are not wasting time. Nothing I have seen so far from S/M indicates that they can beat V/T, S/K, or K/S if all 4 of them skate clean. The ice is indeed slippery and they can fight for a podium finish at Euros if somebody underperforms.