2015-16 Grand Prix Final Mens SP | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Mens SP

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Elizabet didnt have any combo for her SP at SC, so her "originally intended combo" got +COMBO and got -3GOE accross the board but no BV deduction

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wouldn't the second jump get +COMBO since it was the second jump but mainly, the combination was planned there? Every panel may do it differently though.

It could be either. The panel decides which jump was supposed to be the one in combination. If they can't figure it out they just assign it to the first one I thought.

Tim Dolensky has stepped up for us as an example. He got 6.0 for his 3z+combo at Skate Canada SP.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/gpcan2015/gpcan2015_Men_SP_Scores.pdf

As far as I know there is no +combos in the free skate and instead the zayak rule takes care of that.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is the video of Tim at SC.

https://youtu.be/g2d2cqqt5yc?t=1m28s

He fell on the 3f which was supposed to be the combo so the 3z that was coming up became his last chance for the combo and he missed it. The panel assigned the combo to the 3z because there was no chance to do it after the fall. Seems kind of mean of the panel right? The could have just put it on the 3f with the fall and not also punished his Lutz. These things seem to become more complicated than I thought they did.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Here is the video of Tim at SC.

https://youtu.be/g2d2cqqt5yc?t=1m28s

He fell on the 3f which was supposed to be the combo so the 3z that was coming up became his last chance for the combo and he missed it. The panel assigned the combo to the 3z because there was no chance to do it after the fall. Seems kind of mean of the panel right? The could have just put it on the 3f with the fall and not also punished his Lutz. These things seem to become more complicated than I thought they did.

So it depends on the panel. :sigh: That's the worst possibitily when the rule isn't clear and everyone has a different interpretation of it. Can'tthey change it to be more clear?

By the way, I remember when the panel assigned the combo to the more messed jump - Mao in Sochi. She did 3F, then she planned 3Lo2Lo but did only 2Lo, which got the combo mark.

Sackie

Medalist
Chan really seems to be taking a few steps backwards instead of forward each time out. Could it be he is looking at the new guns and just trying too hard to up the anti. With his score here is he even in jeopardy of not winning Canadians and maybe even not placing in the top two to even get back to worlds? Is it possible that it could be Nadeau and Reynolds? Cause Nam isn't looking too sharp this season either.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Chan really seems to be taking a few steps backwards instead of forward each time out. Could it be he is looking at the new guns and just trying too hard to up the anti. With his score here is he even in jeopardy of not winning Canadians and maybe even not placing in the top two to even get back to worlds? Is it possible that it could be Nadeau and Reynolds? Cause Nam isn't looking too sharp this season either.

It's Nationals; the judges won't want bury their two best men. Because if they're not the biggest mess, they are the only two competetive men right now.

SunDae

Rinkside
Wonderful moments of sportsmanship from Orser's students. yuzuru quieting the crowd before Javi skated. It is such moments of compassion from not just beautiful skaters and amazing athletes, but wonderful people and sportsman to admire.

Figure skating has its "characters" and theater but for me I always cherish the kind hearted true souls, such as these two.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Wonderful moments of sportsmanship from Orser's students. yuzuru quieting the crowd before Javi skated. It is such moments of compassion from not just beautiful skaters and amazing athletes, but wonderful people and sportsman to admire.

Figure skating has its "characters" and theater but for me I always cherish the kind hearted true souls, such as these two.

After this lovely comment, I'll just leave this here :laugh:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker

I mentioned something about this back another page, about Chan's score here in relation to Reynolds' and Nadeau's at Challenge, even though Challenge scores might have been inflated. I think Chan's free is good enough for him to at least come 2nd at Nationals to Nam (who I think is still better than Nadeau and Reynolds at this point, although I don't remember his SB off the top of my head), even if he loses the short program to one or more competitors.