2015-16 Grand Prix Final Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Ladies SP

Alex D

Record Breaker
Wishing all the ladies luck, a healthy blade and that they may enjoy their skates. Do not make me :drama: or :eeking: or :sad4:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Sorry for the confusion. I should've write if everyone is clean except for Mao Asada. Im pretty much sure two of her jumping passes will be flutz and underrotated. She's been inconsistent before and she's still inconsistent now. I'm just basing my rank this season and she never did a clean program.

If she is smart, she will change her layout to a 3A, 3F+2L, 3L... or even 3A, 3F+3L, 3T (or 3S). She's reducing her solo triple to the value of a clean 2A by going for the inevitable 3Z(e). C'mon Mao, play it smart.

Last edited:

jinhamasaki

Rinkside
Elena's SP at RC outscored Mao's at COC....by 0.06. Practically equal, but anyway it did.

I want Mao to go for 3A, 3F+3Lo, 3S since her 3S became one of her strongest jumps and the BV of this layout is higher than 3A, 3F+2Lo, 3Lo. Well... it depends on how judges think of her 3F+3Lo tho. At least in my opinion her 3F+3Lo is more likely to get ratified than a clean 3Lz and already did get ratified once this season.

Totally agree. Her 3S is gorgeous right now.

fruitbasket

Rinkside
A clean SP with a 3A, 3F-3L, 3Lz, jump layout and top notch spins/stp-seq/footwork is only worth a #5 spot? What The Frak?! :confused2:

She has tiny jumps..not very pretty jumps......even though she has clean program through out, i do not think she will have GOE.....

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
She has tiny jumps..not very pretty jumps......even though she has clean program through out, i do not think she will have GOE.....

Uh, Mao does not have tiny jumps. And she gets +GOE even with errors (like when she two-footed her 3A). When she skates clean she also (deservedly) gets higher PCS scores than all the others (although Gold comes close, score-wise).

Alchamei

Record Breaker

Are we talking about the same person? Your description fits to Satoko, but we speak about Mao.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
poor Satoko
always gets mocked 4 jumps:laugh:

I actually quite like her jumps. They're solid and secure, with flow, and she holds her landings and given her frame, I can't really expect much more height or power on them from her yet. She jumps quite consistently and well, considering what she has to work with.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Okay, I probably won't be able to watch this :bang: but good luck to everyone! :cheer: I'll watch the videos, and here's the tarot generator:

Wagner: Eight of Wands (Swiftness): A sudden release of raw power, cutting through confusion and indecision, and setting things in motion. Rapid progress towards a desired goal, brought about by immediate and decisive action. Boldness and daring in love, business, travel, or spiritual growth.

Miyahara: The Hermit, when reversed: Detachment based on fear, irresponsibility or naiveté. Self-imposed isolation from friends and loved ones. Listening to the wrong advice or ignoring good counsel. Concealment, disguise, and unreasoned caution.

Gold: Six of Swords (Science): Trusting in intelligence and intuition and setting off into the unknown. Leaving an untenable situation and charting a new course. Passage from difficulty and progress towards a solution. The road to recovery. Travel and exploration.

Radionova: Six of Pentacles (Success): A time of prosperity and profit. Success and generosity in material things. Power and influence turned to noble pursuits. Philanthropy, and the balancing of physical and spiritual life. May suggest gifts or aid to one in need.

Medvedeva: The Fool: Fearlessness, imagination, open-mindedness, and an adventurous spirit. Freedom from cares and worries. Ideas, thoughts, and impulses coming from a completely unexpected place. Nonchalance at the threshold of gaining all or losing all. Extravagance and intoxication with life. The pure and undifferentiated power of creation itself, where ultimate knowledge and oblivion are unified.

Asada: Strength, when reversed: Weakness in the face of obstacles and adversity. Tremendous power released at the wrong moment. Inability to defend oneself. Confusion, and lack of preparedness. Illness, hardship, distress and the failing of physical force. Dominant behavior, abusiveness and a possible loss of reputation.

I actually think this reading is quite fitting. :biggrin: But hard to say what could happen.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
My heart is beating fast right now...please Mao stay strong!

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Are we talking about the same person? Your description fits to Satoko, but we speak about Mao.

Guys, let's not even bother. Some posts are meant to be met with a shrug or nonchalant laugh and nothing more.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
My predictions:
Ashley steps out on her flip and will have bad combo or just less BV (possible UR); Satoko will go clean with no URs but won't be higher than third; Gracie will succumb to pressure and makes multple mistakes (although not a disaster); Elena will be clean, Zhenya will be clean and go to the lead, Mao messes up all her jumps (not entirely, having good landing but URs and some bad landing) but won't be behind podium.

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm more emotionally invested in the ladies lineup than the other disciplines at GPF. I'm so nervous for Gracie and Elena it's going to be hard for me to watch!

(It's Friday, so starting drinking at 4 o clock wouldn't be the worst thing, but I have a seminar paper to finish after skating! :drama:)