2015-16 JGPF Short Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGPF Short Dance

Ekm

On the Ice
do you think bro/sis factor contribute to this?

Like with the Shibs I really dont care that they're sibs at all. But maybe this time it IS a factor?:scratch2:

Not Snow, but I'd like to give my take on this. I don't think it's the sibling issue at all for me, their SD just isnt a very good program. I don't mind them in generally and actually enjoy the FD, but the short ZzzzZzzz.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I hope that someone tells the director that we want to see the ENTIRE twizzle segment in the replays before the SR dance event.

I love the Parsons (Michael is an awesome ice dancer) but they are so close in size that when you factor in the brother-sister thing, I don't think they have much of a future in Seniors.

Also finally realized why I have enjoyed the Jr SD so much this season: I am a fan of a well skated non-touching mid-line segment!!

i agree, replays are too much "bits and pieces", i hope it wont continu this way

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER USA 65.90 1 video
2 Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS USA 64.91 2 video
3 Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD RUS 64.01 3 video
4 Betina POPOVA / Yuri VLASENKO RUS 61.85 4 video
5 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA 57.97 5 video
6 Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN RUS 56.51 6 video

Laurelise

On the Ice
I hope that someone tells the director that we want to see the ENTIRE twizzle segment in the replays before the SR dance

Yes, and the skaters entire bodies, please. What's the purpose of showing a twizzle sequence without showing the legs and feet?

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Congrats to the Parsons on their level 4 mid-line step sequence!!! Not often we see that in a major event!!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I love the Parsons (Michael is an awesome ice dancer) but they are so close in size that when you factor in the brother-sister thing, I don't think they have much of a future in Seniors.

I don't think height differences are or have to be a liability in dance if the dancers can figure out a way to execute lifts well despite a small difference. So far the Parsons are succeeding, and are benefited by rules that have made lifts less important than they were. Having a lesser height difference actually can be helpful in certain ways too, such as the achievement of matching lines being much easier.

I will admit that in the event that she grows more (which is unlikely but not absolutely and totally impossible at her age) it is going to be difficult for them, but they are managing it so far.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Not Snow, but I'd like to give my take on this. I don't think it's the sibling issue at all for me, their SD just isnt a very good program. I don't mind them in generally and actually enjoy the FD, but the short ZzzzZzzz.
thanks for the answer
Imo they were before the McN/C with such a memorable dance so it faded in comparison maybe

No, their presentation is just visibly poorer than other teams. Maybe they will improve on that aspect. I would even put them under Popova/Vlasenko here. But overall I liked them.
Have you bought tickets to the whole Jr & Sr competitions??
Great to read on site reports!!
There was so much interesting info how the skaters differ in perception on PC/TV screen vs the actual live competition

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know it might be too much to ask, but can anyone translate the Russia EuroSport commentary on McNamara/Carpenter? I don't speak Russian. Sorry if it's too much to ask.

bramweld

Record Breaker
L/D are too close to the Parsons. They looked sloppy by comparison.

The only real difference between the Parsons and L/D is that sister Parson can keep up with Michael's speed, other than that there's no real difference IMHO. I think M/C didn't have the best of skates and that's why these other two are so close to THEM :shrug:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
:luv17: Love Lorraine & Quinn and their friggin' high-speed ending. I am so not a fan of Hall of the Mountain King, but usually because the athletes cannot keep up with the music. These two completely sell me this program. They are just fabulous. Have to admit the top senior dance teams have been spoiling me with their superior unison. But happily Quinn & Lorraine are likewise spoiling me with solid, competitive skates.

I agree the Parsons' presentation does not match up. I think they are a team that has excelled technically with CoP, but I don't think they would be where they are under the 6.0 system. (I would add two or three other teams to that list as well). That said, the Parsons are still juniors. So they may still develop a stronger style. I disagree, though, that the problem is just this program. If anything, last season's had less style from my perspective. They are strong technicians and solid competitors with a lot of years together. To me, those are their strengths at this point in the game.

Like M&C, I love L&D. Glad to see they are in the hunt here. And to see P&V skate strong after their disappointment in Spain. Seriously, Popova is the Krylova IMO. Lorraine is . . . Lorraine. And whatever character she happens to be portraying in her current dance.

Last edited:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Wow, I am very impressed with all of the teams at this event :) Loved every second of the short dance.