2015-16 JGPF Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGPF Free Dance

Layback11

Record Breaker
Okay, guys, this is it! Since the top three are so close, who do you think will place where?

Alex D

Record Breaker
Yuri and Betina have an incredible style and charisma, it might be over the top for many traditional skating fans, but I love everything about their programs. They took the remix from the fifty shades of grey OST (Beyoncé - crazy in love), again, it is a very uncommon type of music for figure skating fans, huge distortion and reverb in the remix, but I really enjoy the groove.

It is a bit of a shame that the venue is so empty, it colors the sound of the music.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I feel like Pavel is trying to be Charlie White...what with the curly blondish shaggy haircut, LOL!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Thse two are pleasant to watch but to me they don't really have their own style yet... it's still a bit generic for me.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I just remembered the FD was on. Wish I could watch/listen, but my headphones aren't working ugh.

Laurelise

On the Ice
I liked Loboda/Drozd. Although, if Pavel is trying to channel Charlie White (and who wouldn't?), he needs to look at some of White's tailcoats, which generally moved much better than his did. Alla's dress moved beautifully, though--the cut and fabric allow it to spin out but fall and drape quickly.

Ekm

On the Ice
I think I said part of this yesterday, L/D are certainly good technical skaters, but they're just so basic. They need a change in their packaging, their programs are dull, the costumes are bland, the music isn't interesting.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And now to the seniors portion of the JGPF FD :biggrin:

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Oh wow. I like the Parsons FD so far despite the slight wobble on the twizzle

Alex D

Record Breaker
One of the contestants on the X Factor did this version of "Crazy in Love" a few weeks ago (it was "re-inventions" week), and I thought it was awful!

But, this recording is much better! Who is it singing?

And just as I write that, they mess the song up for the highlights! :laugh:

That said, nothing can beat the original Beyonce version! That song brings back so many good memories...

CaroLiza_fan

The vocal is still from Beyoncé ;), it is just pitched down a lot, some more effects added.

Giselle

Medalist
Liked thair FD last year better because Giselle is my favourite ballet. This wasn't as interesting.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think the judges were a bit wild on the scores yesterday, because so far all teams are scoring less than their SBs.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I actually find it extraordinary that, as siblings, the Parsons have managed to make a tango work as well as they have.

Laurelise

On the Ice
I hope that twizzle error didn't cost the Parsons the silver medal. They may not be the most exciting team (then again, neither are Loboda/Drozd), but they have such great matching leg lines, and they're so elegant.