2015-16 JGPF Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGPF Free Dance

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I liked the Russian teams more than Parsons today.

Isn't Yuri somehow hot? :love:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Okay, guys, you gotta do well...we need at least one standout performance in this event!

NaVi

Medalist
I think the judges were a bit wild on the scores yesterday, because so far all teams are scoring less than their SBs.

ID judging can be weird... and all judging at the GPF can be weird because they keep the junior scores lower.

Besides the twizzles, there were a couple spots where it looked liked the Parsons messed up...

Ekm

On the Ice
Yuri and Betina have an incredible style and charisma, it might be over the top for many traditional skating fans, but I love everything about their programs. They took the remix from the fifty shades of grey OST (Beyoncé - crazy in love), again, it is a very uncommon type of music for figure skating fans, huge distortion and reverb in the remix, but I really enjoy the groove.

It is a bit of a shame that the venue is so empty, it colors the sound of the music.

I agree with this to a certain extent, I think Betina has charisma in spades, but I find Yuri a bit stiff (I think this really comes out in their sd). I typically enjoy the Beyoncé program, but I just felt something was a bit off today, not really their best skate.

Laurelise

On the Ice
That was more like it! Nice job McNamara/Carpenter. Also, while Carmen is, well, Carmen, I find this to be a really well choreographed program that hits the musical highlights nicely. And of course they're such performers!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I liked that but I didn't love it. It's obviously just me but something about these two just doesn't connect with me. Very awesome job by them though :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
M/C were absolutely the class of the field. THAT is how you make an entrance to perform. She's one of the better Carmens I've seen.

From what I could see of them with all the connection problems, I found the three Russian teams either rough around the edges, forcing the skate, or blah. I actually preferred the French to them. And that was just an off skate from the Parsons.

Not overwhelmingly inspiring on the whole. M/C should run away with it.

Ekm

On the Ice
McNamara and Carpenter are in a class all their own within the Jr ranks.

Layback11

Record Breaker
They looked so solemn...I was like, um, you just won the freaking JGPF and you're just like, "oh yeah, this totally happens all the time"! :laugh2:

Congratulations to all the medalists! :cheer:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They looked like they couldn't care any less that they just won :confused:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So happy for M/C! But they don't seem very happy about winning in the kiss and cry... was there a mistake during their program or something?

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wow, that was one of the most somber winning K&Cs I've ever seen. They looked disappointed with their scores.

Feeling gutted for the Parsons, but as was said upthread better here than at JR Worlds.