Anastasia Mishina & Vladislav Mirzoev - split after 2016/17 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Mishina & Vladislav Mirzoev - split after 2016/17

hanca

Record Breaker
Interesting that he is no unspecific about why it didn’t continue with this ‘perfect’ partner. Due to reasons beyond their control? It seems to me that he is purposely evasive, to mislead us.

s_parks

Record Breaker

hanca

Record Breaker
It’s possible that it was his injury, but then why not to say it? As he phrased it, it sounded as if he wants to blame other people for that.

s_parks

Record Breaker
It’s possible that it was his injury, but then why not to say it? As he phrased it, it sounded as if he wants to blame other people for that.

Well, maybe that's what he meant by "reasons beyond their control"? With an injury like that, that's obvious reason enough, and his answer didn't sound like he was "blaming" anyone- more like saying life happened, there were extenuating circumstances, etc.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
I'm not sure if I can find the post, but there was a photo on instagram of Nastia and Sasha Galliamov (world junior champions, grand prix final medalists, grand prix champions) at St. Petersburg test skates and Vlad commented. I thought that was sweet.

I wonder what their relationship is like now. If maybe Vlad regrets letting go of her so soon, even though he probably knew she would grow too tall eventually. I only revisited this case because it was so similar to the recent happenings of Kostiukovich/Ialin

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
She's also very strong, Galliamov still has a bit of trouble lifting her--which is not a slight against Nastia, she's just a big girl. I don't think they would have worked out together. I guess the way things ended was just bittersweet.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
I don't think MiMi would have worked out either. There is something that Mirzoev had that Galliamov, nor any other pair male has. People are always on him about calling Nastya fat and I agree, but then I have to remember that she was the one who brought it to publicity, not him. I'd also like to note that he had quite a few knee and back problems, so possibly he needed a ridiculously light partner. Daria Gubina looks like she quit skating a while ago. I wish they would've gone to junior worlds that year and won for a nice ending, but then again it gave a little more time for Mishina/Galliamov to turn into the best in the world that they are now. According to Dmitrii Ialin, Nastya will endure anything. that is why even as a tall and curvaceous girl, she managed to survive the breakup of a couple that took silver at the junior worlds.

Vlad mentioned several times through several years that "there was one thing that happened, and at that moment, I knew that I was not able to continue figure skating." With his education, maybe we will hear more about this some day, when all things are cleared up, and when Nastya is done skating. Perhaps it was a large injury, perhaps it was a family event, but I do not think that he stopped skating easily. He pushed through many things in an attempt to come back and clearly still feels love to the ice. Even if he did not endure as much as Nastya, you cannot reach his level in any sport without working very hard and pushing through a lot pain. I wonder if maybe his pain contribued to his "degrading" attitude towards Nastya in their last season together. So I believe that whatever this event was, it must have been quite tragic, and I hope that he is doing ok now.

Of course Nastya needs no introduction or elaboration. I find it nostalgic and cute that she still does the little squat exit out of her throws, which she probably learned with Vlad.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
And how about her partner Aleksander Galliamov? Is he world champion as well or was just passing by?