Anastasia Mishina & Vladislav Mirzoev - split after 2016/17 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Mishina & Vladislav Mirzoev - split after 2016/17

The Finn

Record Breaker
Nastia has hinted that Mirzoev is currently skating with a new lady but she didn't say who his new partner was. I did some searching and rumors say his new partner is Daria Gubina but this is just a rumor. If they would team up they would be JGP eligible next season but I doubt they would make Russia's JGP team. By the way, their age difference is rather big and because of that they wouldn't be able to compete internationally in season 2018-19 because she wouldn't be senior eligible and he wouldn't be junior eligible.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Nastia has hinted that Mirzoev is currently skating with a new lady but she didn't say who his new partner was. I did some searching and rumors say his new partner is Daria Gubina but this is just a rumor. If they would team up they would be JGP eligible next season but I doubt they would make Russia's JGP team. By the way, their age difference is rather big and because of that they wouldn't be able to compete internationally in season 2018-19 because she wouldn't be senior eligible and he wouldn't be junior eligible.
People keep hoping it's temporary. Because even if Daria is "small and light" (per Nastya's ask.fm) at 13, any guarantee she'll stay that way?

hanca

Record Breaker
Darya Gubina seems to be really a new partner of Vladislav Mirzoev.

Mirzoev does not yet talk about it.
https://www.instagram.com/vladshokolat/
https://vk.com/vladislav_mirzoev
If she is really new to pairs, there may not be much to talk about yet... it takes a while to learn a conpletely new discipline. Mirzoev first needed to heal his knee, so that might have delayed him with his try outs, so he is likely to have started way after Mishina/Galliamov. And Mishina got Galliamov when he was already a pair skater, so he didn't start from zero, whereas Gubina would have started from zero.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Mishina & Gallyamov. 1st stage of Russian Cup.

SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P07RYADH-IY
FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtaS9mMRwWQ

Nastia couldn't do 3T+3T but other than that they look really good. Can't understand why they haven't got any JGP event(s). They would have easily won JGP Final.

Nice. But wow, she definitely looks taller. I don't love what Mirzoev had to say about wanting a lighter partner, but heightwise, she's probably too tall for him now anyways. I am puzzled... were they not ready at the time test skates took place?

The Finn

Record Breaker
Nice. But wow, she definitely looks taller. I don't love what Mirzoev had to say about wanting a lighter partner, but heightwise, she's probably too tall for him now anyways. I am puzzled... were they not ready at the time test skates took place?

She is pretty tall for a lady but I think he is tall enough to handle her pretty good.

I haven't seen any test skating reports but I think fsrussia.ru did say something about "not everything worked out for them" indicating that they probably weren't ready at the time. In any case Russian Fed could still give them a chance if they want to since there are two more JGP events with pairs after this week.

s_parks

Record Breaker
She is pretty tall for a lady but I think he is tall enough to handle her pretty good.

I haven't seen any test skating reports but I think fsrussia.ru did say something about "not everything worked out for them" indicating that they probably weren't ready at the time. In any case Russian Fed could still give them a chance if they want to since there are two more JGP events with pairs after this week.

Well her new partner for sure, yeah. He's definitely taller than Vlad, and closer in age too.

hanca

Record Breaker

There are two more events after this week, but they are not listed as substitutes for the third pairs event, so if they get JGP event, it will only be the last one. Unless the federation finds a way to put them on the list now.

The Finn

Record Breaker
It seems Mishina/Gallyamov will make their international debut at the Golden Spin of Zagreb (junior event).

Someone really should create a thread for them.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Any news about Mirzoev?
Is he still skating and if so with whom is he skating with? With Gubina?

hanca

Record Breaker
He did try to skate with Gubina but then he retired, I believe it was because of the injury.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Allegedly this should be something that Mirzoev has said or wrote. It is only a hearsay obviously. I don't know if he is talking about Gubina or someone else. He could have had multiple try outs and some of them could have been with foreign ladies which could have brought additional obstacles.

After a long search, I managed to find a good partner, we tried to ride with her and approached each other in all respects. Surprisingly quickly, we were able to perform paired elements. The trainers directly supervising our pilot training sessions were very pleased with us and assumed successful further work. But, for reasons beyond our control, we could not continue.

The Finn

Record Breaker
We will not see Mirzoev competiting this season but he doesn't rule out that he might be back in the future. In any case he is coaching now.

"Yes, I really miss the performances and competitions. I definitely know that I have not realized in terms of results and achievements, even by 70%. I feel a great potential, which has not yet been revealed. I still have a lot of strength, energy, ideas and desire. But, unfortunately, now I had to make a certain time-out in a sports career as an athlete.
After the surgery and recovery, I took all possible and impossible measures to continue my sports career. After a long search, I managed to find a good partner, we tried to ride with her and approached each other in all respects. Surprisingly quickly, we were able to perform paired elements. The trainers directly supervising our pilot training sessions were very pleased with us and assumed successful further work. But, for reasons beyond our control, we could not continue.
After that I decided to pause. But I do not despair, because I know that if there is an opportunity and conditions to try again, I will definitely do it, because I feel the strength and the great desire to perform at a high level. I really like to perform and compete, because I enjoy the presentation of the programs, the spirit of the competitions, the victories, the interaction with the spectators and the judges and the support of all the fans.
At the moment, in already, it is possible to say, the coming new season, I plan to train athletes, conduct and participate in conducting training and training fees and judge at competitions."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmL0yDSAqRG/?taken-by=julbka_