2015-16 JGPF Ladies Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGPF Ladies Short Program

katymay

Medalist
Thank you for the videos! The Olympic lineup for the women is going to be astounding. Between Russia and Japan, add into it Vivian Le, and Karen Chen...wow.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Thank you for the videos! The Olympic lineup for the women is going to be astounding. Between Russia and Japan, add into it Vivian Le, and Karen Chen...wow.

And the ones who are already seniors...I imagine Liza, Lena, Evgenia, Yulia, Satoko, Rika, Elizabet, Polina (Edmunds) and Gracie, at least, will probably still be around, plus some less top-level ones like Alaine and Zijun...!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
You know it's a little weird that a 13 year old is dating a 16 year old... But Alisa does seem very mature for her age so I'll stop at that!!

Alisa will be 14 in a couple months. Dima only turned 16 over the summer, so I don't think it's that weird. So in the US she'd be in 8th grade and he'd be a young 11th grader or old 10th grader, idk, I don't think that's too weird. I knew multiple freshman/senior couples in high school, and age wise it's less than 3 years, more like 2.5. She does look and carry herself older than 13 though!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I think Maria's program suits her. She looks more mature than the other junior ladies here, and she is the oldest. Evgenia is not much older, and when Liza, Adelina and Elena started her senior career, they were like 14. Maria's program is appropriate for her, but it would be much better if she skates at the senior level.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
What a nice competition without a single fall! And very correct placements as well. Mai and Yuna were clearly weaker than the others. I would give Maria a bit higher pcs for her grace. But overall she had to move the combo to the second half, get a better flip and be a bit faster to move ahead of Honda. Marin was superb same as Alisa. The difference between them is Alisa's second half jumps. If it were not for this they would have about the same score. And of course Polina was the diva of the night. I would even add some more points to her lead to show her dominance.

If Polina stays clean she is invincible. But among Marin, Maria, and Alisa this is going to be a fierce battle. Frankly speaking the other two Japanese girls can only move up in the event of the massive meltdowns of the others. But that is what I was saying all along. My prediction of Dec.4 basically stays:

1. Polina Tsurkaya
2. Maria Sotskova
3. Marin Honda
4. Alisa Fedichkina
5. Yuna Shiraiwa
6. Mai Mihara

Alisa has a history of a stronger SP while Maria has a lot of experience. But I would be happy if the current placements stay.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Those over-the-boot tights make her feet look grotesque. It is very distracting.

I really don't like this either, and I feel I can't enjoy the routine fully when she wears them. Same applied with Liptniskaya when she wore hers.

lishazard

Rinkside
The junior ladies really outdo expectations every year. Glad that almost everyone was able to put out a clean performance. Really sad for Mai Mihara because I was hoping she could redeem herself after Japanese Junior Nationals.

There is a noticeable gap between Polina / Maria and everyone else jump technique-wise. Their jumps are so big and secure. In comparison Yuna S and Alisa's jumps don't look that much bigger than Satoko's, and despite her beautiful flow Marin's flip is scary to watch.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I actually thought Alisa's jumps looked good today. Not Polina good but defintely positive GOE worthy. I also don't think Polina's presentation was Alisa good or m_a_r_i_y good for that matter:biggrin:

treeloving

Medalist
Maria Sotskova has a great potential, she pull off this kind of program at 15, that is rare. However, she need to work on her skating skills and increase her speed and flow.

andyjo24

Medalist
Am I the only one who thinks Polina jumps extremely weirdly? Her arm position is sloppy and awkward. Her PCS should also be lower than Honda's IMO

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Am I the only one who thinks Polina jumps extremely weirdly? Her arm position is sloppy and awkward. Her PCS should also be lower than Honda's IMO

after saw your post, I went back and watched PolinaT's jump slow-mo, she has a very open arm air position before she closes her arms. which is coincident with her leg "h" position, which is unusual. Then she closed her arms and legs tight quickly to finish the revolutions, could that arm position is for this "delay" effect. Eteri's girls have all sorts of arm positions, such as arm over head and this.

andromache

Record Breaker
After reading all the technique over jump debate in the senior GPF ladies thread, and I went back and watched specifically Polina's SP. Whatever weird arm positions she has that people here are commenting on, her jumps are all in her legs. Really magnificent.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I really don't get Polina's PCS, too. There seems to be something that impresses the judges in this program, though, since it has consistently received better PCS than the rest of the field. It maybe has something to do with how it is when seen live :gaah: