2015-16 JGPF Ladies Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015-16 JGPF Ladies Free Skate

stryke

On the Ice
This breaks Lena's junior world record right? Very well deserved. It's a shame Polina can't compete as a senior next year. I can bet money that she will podium at Russian Nationals.

Yup. Polina now has the highest free skate and combined overall score!!

lady_bee

Medalist
Well there's not really anything to say about Polina except for how awesome she is, is there?

Well, I would love her even more, if she tuck her tights in her shoes.:biggrin::eek:topic:
She was awesome, I agree,
but that tights over the boots make her foot look bigger and heavier.
They are good for skaters with not so long or strong legs,
but not for skaters with long skinny legs, IMO.:scratch:

MIM

Medalist
My favorite is Yuna. I became a fan of her at the Junior National couple weeks ago. She has the innate grace and musicality. It is not loud yet, but it will come out as she grows. She was shy and nervous today, but I saw a glimpse of greatness from her; a lunge to a 3loop(?). There are genuine moments she becomes alive. I hope she uses this as an experience for big events in the future.

Good Job girl, I love you!:love:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
EXACTLY. No other words are necessary :clap:

I know I said no other words are necessary but I just want to add this: when Polina vaults into the air with her lutz, for a moment I'm always like, OMG is she popping her jump!? :eeking: Because she freezes in the air. Then she starts rotating. And I'm like, whew! :clapper:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just finished the Ladies FS (I forgot what time it started, so was playing catch-up! :eek:: :slink: )

It was very upsetting to see Alisa so disappointed with her scores. But, I don't blame her! I was very disappointed with her scores too! I thought she deserved to be better than 3rd with just Tsurskaya to go.

But, she is still very young, and so all being well will have plenty more GP Final appearances ahead of her!

On the other hand, I am delighted with Maria Sotskova coming 2nd in the FS, and overall. It's just a pity that the judges hadn't been more generous with her scores in both segments, as it would have been nice to see her score closer to Tsurskaya's.

CaroLiza_fan

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congrads to all the podium finishers! I get right about the prediction on the top 2, but wrong about Marin, which is very pleasing. She is hot and cold, but proves herself to be a stronger competitor at a bigger stage. It will be interesting to watch how Wakaba and Marin grow together as a skater. I'm also glad for Polina T's winning the first big title. She is the best skater in the current Russian field.

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Alisa

what a joy this girl is. The cute little ears and her expression, you just want to give her a hug, amazing. As Senior ice dance is about to start, I can only once again congratulate everyone, it was very nice to watch with a strong winner who was clearly the best.

MIM

Medalist
I am really impressed with Maria. She embraced her long limbs and performed beautifully. Without over-loaded emotion/face, her arms and upper body movements were expressive enough to tell the story. Her skating skill can be improved a little bit more, but she skated quick and slow to the music. Once getting those scratchy landings under control, she really is one to watch out in seniors. So proud of her.