Fun GPF Questionnaire! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Fun GPF Questionnaire!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
aw great thread Layback!:luv17:

1. Who is your favorite qualifier in each discipline?
K/S, Radio, Zhenya, Shibs, Yuzu

2. Which discipline do you think has the best lineup?
Ladies

3. Who do you think will win any/all disciplines?
W/P, D/R, Yuzu, Zhenia

4. Which finalist do you think has the best programs?
Jr - N.Chen
Sr - Manfred has no rivals:cool:
+ Shibs, Satoko, Yuzu

5. Which discipline do you think will be the most competitive/best-quality?
men

6. Which do you think will be the most unpredictable?
hopefully not men (I expect Yuzu Javi to medal)

7. Which first-year-senior qualifier are you most excited to see?
Shoma

8. Which comebacking qualifier are you most excited to see?
Mao & B/S

9. Who gets your best-dressed vote in each discipline?
Weaver/Poje SD:love:
Yuzu both
Lena both outfits
Ksenia SP

11. Will any of you be staying up all night to catch the action? (I certainly won't be...luckily it's at pretty good times. )
My timezone is close so no :biggrin:

12. If you had a one-time-only GPF Genie who could make anything happen with the placements, what would your three wishes be?
  • K/S winning gold or just placed above StolKlim (without major mistakes of the latter)
  • Shibs winning gold or placing above C/B
  • Alisa winning Jr Gold
  • Gracie placed outside the podium

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I kinda want to add new questions now that some of the competition has happened. Anyone been watching the juniors?

If so:

13. Favorite junior performance in each discipline so far?
14. Biggest surprise of the junior events?
15. Which junior SP event did you overall think was the best?

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
13. As of right now, M/C, Polina or Marin, and Sota.

14. Samohin being so low, Mai, Yuna, and Masha's placements (actually everyone in ladies sans Polina...)

15. Ladies. I also liked dance.

Alex D

Record Breaker
QUESTIONS

1. Who is your favorite qualifier in each discipline?

Ladies,

Evgenia. I pick her over Gracie as I think that she really brings something new to the table of FS, especially the short. It is a brilliant idea to not overload your program with jumps at first and then have nothing left, but steps and spins. Her program does progress nicely, it is very enjoyable and she seems to be a cool girl to hang out with.

Dance,

Bobrova / Soloviev, their FD is wonderfully crafted and they skate it in a very passionate way. I love how they link the elements, how they skate in all directions, how they do these "no look" changes in their holds, how both stay in character at all time.... It just is my absolute favorite FD this season and I am glad they are back.

Men,

none of my favorite men skaters is around, but I like Patrick Chan a lot.

Pairs,

of course the mustache!

2. Which discipline do you think has the best lineup?

I think the ladies. We do have the natural and passionate skating Elena, Evgenia and her amazingly well crafted programs and interpretation, the sexiness and experience of Mao & Ashley, the smiles and clean execution of Satoko and the grace and elegance of Gracie.

3. Who do you think will win any/all disciplines?

The fans of the sport. So much talent and figure skating history on the ice, it´s a win - win for everyone watching, no matter who claims the medals.

4. Which finalist do you think has the best programs?

Evgenia the best SP of ladies, Gracie the best FS.

Chock - Bates best SP, Bobrova Soloviev best FS.

I can not judge men and pairs, as I did not see them all live this season. But I am looking forward to Alexa reacting to scores again! :love:

5. Which discipline do you think will be the most competitive/best-quality?

For people interested in every detail, especially PC´s and how programs are crafted - dance and ladies. For fans of "sport" and high TES, the men and pairs.

6. Which do you think will be the most unpredictable?

Ice Dance, in theory 5 out of 6 can win - Shibs, Chock - Bates, Luca & Anna, Katya and Dima or the Canadians. But since we have two groups, I doubt that the Russians and Shibs get a fair competition. They will automatically receive less in PCs than those in the final group.

7. Which first-year-senior qualifier are you most excited to see?

Medvedeva.

8. Which comebacking qualifier are you most excited to see?

Not sure if it counts, but Gracie. She could not skate last season, so she is having a comeback doesn´t she?

9. Who gets your best-dressed vote in each discipline?

Too early to tell, old men and memories are no goody at times. I need to see first and at times skaters make last minute changes as we know from Julia ;)

10. If you are going to Barcelona to watch in person, who/what are you most excited to watch?

Dance & Ladies

11. Will any of you be staying up all night to catch the action? (I certainly won't be...luckily it's at pretty good times. :2thumbs::bed:)

-

12. If you had a one-time-only GPF Genie :laugh2: who could make anything happen with the placements, what would your three wishes be?

I would wish that nobody injures him or herself. I would also wish that the best skaters will win and not those with the highest reputation, best starting slot or most hype. Last but not least, I would wish that the GP events would become more accessible again.