On Site Reports: GPF 2015 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports: GPF 2015

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Men's practice is exhausting, I never know where to look first :love:
Shoma did his short and looked really solid. Javier looked good too. Murakami was probably the weakest today.
Yuzuru was a bit shaky on the first quad landing when he did his short, but still good enough to add the spread eagle. The other jumps were fine. And after that he really was landing quads all over the place. Looked like jumps from the free skate most of the time. He still seems in good shape.
Men were pretty decent today. Couple of falls, but nothing too bad. (Couple of silly falls after which Shoma decided to take a nap on the ice :laugh:)
Chan popped a few Axels, but looked ok with them later. I saw Jin land stuff :slink: sorry, that's all I saw. He did his free and of that mostly the jumps as far as I remember (cameras were in the way, so maybe I didn't see it correctly, but it looked like Yuzuru and Shoma were fanboying over Jin's first quad :laugh:)

I know my reports suck :laugh: sorry, best I can do

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Shoma really likes the ice, I saw him doing that whole lying on the ice thing twice. But I'm sure he rather he hadn't fallen.
Practice was fun, with great company as always (it's good to have a figure skating friend who doesn't mind my complaining about the Adele and Coldplay songs! *winks at Pamigena*).
The fans all running over get close to Yuzu's wheelchair-access area was like watching a gaggle of geese. Sorry ladies, but it looked absolutely hilarious seeing you all (whoever you were) run towards him, lol.
At the Diagonal Mar shopping center now, earlier we saw Gracy Gold and Satoko here, plus some juniors I honestly cannot put names to. There was a Russian juniors pairs or ice dance pair sitting beside us earlier during seniors practice, and I had no clue. Guy had light curly hair, if that helps, lol. Oh, and I didn't recognize Javier when he was posing for photos at the red light near the Princess, so there, I suck as a reporter. (I also don't particularly care to talk to skaters, so... shrug).

All things considered, the thing that mostly stands out to me here is, again, the relaxed atmosphere. In and around the venue there is a lot more security and police, but it still feels relaxed. Love it.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Pamigena: your report is fine. I barely realized Yuzuru was landing quads, I really don't pay enough attention to those details, lol. More into the skating, I guess, Which is why I was more interested in Jin's FS music than his skating, I mean, jumps, I mean... yeah. ;-)

Seriously, though, loved men's practice, and ladies was quite a jumpfest, too. Satoko and Evgenia are just stunning in the way they just jump and jump and seem to land everything... and tey make it look so easy.
Only sad thing was that Smirnov only half -heartedly seemed to do the stomp, I think, lol.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
but it looked like Yuzuru and Shoma were fanboying over Jin's first quad :laugh:)

Yuzuru was there to steal Jin's 4Lz, the way he stole Chan's skating and Mao's 3A. He has a very effective mind hack to "be" another person doing their best stuff. I realized that back in 2010 and knew he was a special learner with great success ahead. I don't know who else he may have stolen from but that's how he gathers all the great skills. He works with a mental Dartfish.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Thank you all! Coming close to competitions is always wonderful with the great sense of anticipation and enthusiasm given by practices :yahoo:

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Yuzuru was there to steal Jin's 4Lz, the way he stole Chan's skating and Mao's 3A. He has a very effective mind hack to "be" another person doing their best stuff. I realized that back in 2010 and knew he was a special learner with great success ahead. I don't know who else he may have stolen from but that's how he gathers all the great skills. He works with a mental Dartfish.

LOL - and Stephane Lambiel worked with Yuzuru on spins.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
The fans all running over get close to Yuzu's wheelchair-access area was like watching a gaggle of geese. Sorry ladies, but it looked absolutely hilarious seeing you all (whoever you were) run towards him, lol.
I think he even pointed at the ice as if to say hey, look, there's people skating who are not me :laugh2: sorry. Still laughing about that. it was too hilarious.

If anyone feels like stalking Gracie, she just sat on the Metro next to me :laugh: she apparently made it out of the flock of Japanese girls who had caught her in front of the hotel