Italian Champs: Predictions Game Round 2 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Italian Champs: Predictions Game Round 2

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Firstly, an apology. When I was editing the OP last night to take out the withdrawals, I did not notice that I had managed to delete the entire Men's and Pairs tables! :eek::

But, I have now fixed it. In fact I have replaced the entry lists with the SP start orders.

So, I apologise again for my mistake. :slink:

Deciding who to put in first for pairs was actually the toughest choice, given Marchei/Hotarek's performances so far this season. Thus proving again that making these decisions is easier when you don't know the skaters and are just going by PBs.

I am in the same boat. This will be my third year watching Italian Championships, and over that time I have got to know who I like. And it makes predicting positions so much harder than just looking at numbers.

Like, if you go purely by PB’s, the reigning Ladies champion is down in 5th position!

So, the question I kept asking myself was “Do I go with my head, or my heart?”

This was especially the case over the podium positions. Rodeghiero is without doubt the favourite. But, I am not a big fan of her’s. I am, on the other hand, a big fan of Nikol Gosviani. But, she has been in the wilderness the past couple of years, due to there being so many talented Ladies skaters in Russia.

Whereas I knew where Nikol should slot her in relative to the others in the Russian field, this may not be as simple. Everything is new for her in Italy. Different opposition, different judges, different biases, etc. So, she mightn’t do as well as I would expect. On the other hand, she might destroy the field. You just don’t know!

My heart wants Nikol to win. But my head is saying Roberta.

Ach, I’ll go with my heart!

When I looked at the ISU PB’s for the Italian Ladies, the rest of the Top 10 was comprised of a right mixture of youth and experience. And, quite frankly, I didn’t know what to do!

With Cristini missing, Casella is probably one of the favourites to be in the fight for the podium positions. She finished 4th last year, and has been doing well internationally this season.

Next on the PB list was Tagliapietra. I am not as familiar with her, probably because she only finished 7th last year. So, I used this as an excuse to promote some skaters I am more familiar with – Russo, Bressanutti and Falotico.

I am not ashamed to admit that this time last year, I was unfamiliar with Russo. She was just another skater that had just come up from Juniors. But then she came and took everybody by surprise and won the Senior Championships.

She hasn’t set the world alight since then, though. And I don’t see her being in the fight for the title this season. But, I will give her the benefit of the doubt and put her in my Top 5. It just wouldn’t seem right to totally discount the reigning champion.

When they were in the third tier of Italian Ladies skaters a few years back, I rated Bressanutti more than Rodeghiero. So, I would like to see her do like Roberta, and halt her slide down the order.

And after how well 2x British Champion from the early 2000’s Zoe Jones did in the British Championships a couple of weeks ago, I would love to see another skater that is older than me doing well. So, I put 3x Belgian Champion from the early 2000’s Sara Falotico as my 6th position alternate.

In Men, I had a similar conundrum over the top 2 positions. And, again, my heart was going for a Russian, but my head was going for an Italian.

This time, it was slightly different as the Russian did have the higher PB’s. But, they were from last season. Ivan Bariev hasn’t been having a great time this season. His best result was 6th at the Warsaw Cup. Apart from that, he was 3rd from last in both his Senior GP appearances (8th out of 10 in Russia, and 10th out of 12 in China)

Matteo Rizzo, on the other hand, has been having a good season. 5th in both his Junior GP’s, on the podium in 2 of his Senior B’s, and 5th in the Warsaw Cup. And his PB score came from this year’s Warsaw Cup.

Whereas I went for the Russian in the Ladies, I am going with the Italian in the Men.

After that, I did not stray from the ISU PB order. Although, I have to admit, I was surprised to find one of the Zandron brothers at the bottom of the list. I thought he would have been further up than that.

For Pairs, I didn’t even bother looking up the PB’s. I knew what order I was going to put them in, and I knew fine well that the Top 2 would be the opposite way around to what the PB’s said. But, I absolutely love Valentina Marchei, and I just had to put her and Ondrej at the top.

Ice Dance should have been straightforward as well. But, when I was doing the GP Final predictions last week, I noticed something. Whereas it didn’t affect my GP Final predictions (because the couple in question hadn’t qualified for it), it could come into play here.

Charlene Guignard and Marco Fabri are at the top of the ISU World Rankings list for Ice Dance.

Now, I realise that this is purely because they have done a LOT more Senior B competitions than anybody else. But, it does make you wonder if they could pull off a shock. Like, nobody was expecting Giada Russo to win the Senior Ladies title last season, but she did.

But, I’ve already taken enough risks. I’m sticking with Anna and Luca!

Caroliza_fan

ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ladies

1. Nicole GOSVIANI, ITA
2. Roberta RODEGHIERO, ITA
3. Sara CASELLA, ITA
4. Giada RUSSO, ITA
5. Carol BRESSANUTTI, ITA
6. Sara FALOTICO, ITA

Just for fun
7. Guia Maria TAGLIAPIETRA, ITA
8. Chiara CALDERONE, ITA
9. Ilaria NOGARO, ITA
10. Marta CASTAGNO, ITA
11. Doris PIRCHER, ITA
12. Matilde BATTAGIN, ITA
13. Naomi DE SIMONE, ITA
14. Francesca ZAZZA, ITA
15. Alessia ZARDINI, ITA

Men

1. Matteo RIZZO, ITA
2. Ivan RIGHINI, ITA
3. Maurizio ZANDRON, ITA
4. Carlo Vittorio PALERMO, ITA
5. Dario BETTI, ITA
6. Mattia DALLA TORRE, ITA

Just for fun
7. Adrien BANNISTER, ITA
8. Alessandro FADINI, ITA
9. Marco ZANDRON, ITA

Pairs

1. Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK, ITA
2. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE, ITA
3. Bianca MANACORDA / Niccolo' MACII, ITA
4. Alexandra IOVANNA / Filippo AMBROSINI, ITA

Ice Dance

1. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE, ITA
2. Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI, ITA
3. Misato KOMATSUBARA / Andrea FABBRI, ITA
4. Victoria MANNI / Saverio GIACOMELLI, ITA
5. Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI, ITA

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Forgot to add, we have detailed Time Schedules for Italian Championships! :bow: :cheer: :clap: :points:

That's more than we get for most Senior B's, never mind National Championships!

So, we now have a definite time for the start of the Senior Short Dance: 20:40 CET (19:40 GMT).

Consequently, we also have a more exact target time for getting predictions in: 19:40 CET (18:40 GMT)

So, THIS IS YOUR THREE HOUR WARNING.

You have just 3 hours left until the target time to get your predictions in, i.e. until 19:40 CET (18:40 GMT)

But, as usual in my Games, this is just a target time so that you are not rushing about at the last minute. Predictions for each category will still be accepted up until the start of that category’s Short Programme.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that Victoria MANNI / Saverio GIACOMELLI must have withdrawn today, as they did not appear out to do the Short Dance.

Consequently, they will be discounted from the predictions, and everybody below them will be moved up a place.

This withdrawal took us down to a competition of four couples. Normally, four entries would mean that we would only score the podium finishers. But, since it was a last minute withdrawal, I think we should still score all of the four remaining couples.

Let's face it, with Russian Championships coming up, we could end up grateful for any points we already have on the board. Because literally anything can happen there!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ladies

1. Nicole GOSVIANI, ITA
2. Roberta RODEGHIERO, ITA
3. Sara CASELLA, ITA
4. Giada RUSSO, ITA
5. Carol BRESSANUTTI, ITA
6. Sara FALOTICO, ITA

Just for fun
7. Guia Maria TAGLIAPIETRA, ITA
8. Chiara CALDERONE, ITA
9. Ilaria NOGARO, ITA
10. Marta CASTAGNO, ITA
11. Doris PIRCHER, ITA
12. Matilde BATTAGIN, ITA
13. Naomi DE SIMONE, ITA
14. Francesca ZAZZA, ITA
15. Alessia ZARDINI, ITA

Men

1. Ivan RIGHINI, ITA
2. Matteo RIZZO, ITA
3. Maurizio ZANDRON, ITA
4. Carlo Vittorio PALERMO, ITA
5. Dario BETTI, ITA
6. Mattia DALLA TORRE, ITA

Just for fun
7. Adrien BANNISTER, ITA
8. Alessandro FADINI, ITA
9. Marco ZANDRON, ITA

Pairs

1. Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK, ITA
2. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE, ITA
3. Bianca MANACORDA / Niccolo' MACII, ITA
4. Alexandra IOVANNA / Filippo AMBROSINI, ITA

Ice Dance

1. Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE, ITA
2. Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI, ITA
3. Misato KOMATSUBARA / Andrea FABBRI, ITA
4. Victoria MANNI / Saverio GIACOMELLI, ITA
5. Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI, ITA

:bang:

After not noticing that I hadn't made all the changes I said I was going to in my French Predictions (thank you to Cathlen for pointing it out), I decided to check if I had made the same mistake in my Italian predictions.

AND I DID!!!

I forgot to swap Matteo Rizzo into the top spot for the Men!

So, I will change it now and leave it up to the Men's scorer to decide whether to accept my change.

In theory, it should be OK as the Men's SP doesn't start for another 1h 25m. But, I will let Jombi have the final say.

I have quoted what I posted originally so that there is a record of the way the predictions were before the Short Dance started.

I am so sorry. I don't know where my head is at!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I shouldn't have checked if I had posted the predictions the way I intended. And I shouldn't have asked to change them when I found out they weren't right. I should have left them wrong.

Ivan has a lead after the SP of nearly TWENTY points!!! :jaw:

But, since it was my intention all along to back Rizzo for the win, I am willing to stand by my decision to bump Ivan down.

Even though my scores will suffer for it.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, I forgot to add. Guia Maria TAGLIAPIETRA appears to have withdrawn from the Ladies competition.

So, any predictions for her will be discounted and the skaters below her will be pushed up a place.

CaroLiza_fan

Jombi

On the Ice
Now they should be alright, I forgot to take into account the 6th and 7th finisher. I guess I wanted that gold just for myself (it really was a scorer bonus ;)).

MACHO MACHO MEN (official results)

GOLD with 55 points: invisiblespiral, text_skate, cathlen, voolfee and Jombi
SILVER with 50 points: tulosai, actualrealliveanna, florencito, matmuth and rosacotton
BRONZE with 45 points: icebethy, hyena and CaroLiza

:cheer:

Check your results here and if you find mistakes...you know the drill :biggrin:

And welcome to our new 3 players Florencito, rosacotton and actualrealiveanna. Hopefully they'll stay with us for all the nats!!

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Here we go with the men:

GOLD
with 55 points: Jombi (scorer bonus ;))
SILVER with 50 points: actualrealliveanna and rosacotton
BRONZE with 45 points: tulosai, invisiblespiral, text_skate, cathlen, matmuh, voolfee and hyena

:cheer:

As usual if you find any mistakes let me know!!

i think my score is 50? top3 is correct and i got 5 points from Carlo :biggrin:

rosacotton

Final Flight
Ice Dance Result

Manni/Giacomelli withdrew from the event, and everyone ended up scoring a perfect 60 points!!!! Congratulations to tulosai, invisiblespiral, Weathergal, SashaJuliaSpins, text_skate, actualrealliveanna, Icebethy, Florencito, cathlen, matmuh, rosacotton, voolfee, Jombi, Hyena, and CaroLiza_fan on winning the gold!

:hap57:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Pairs Results!

Congratulations to everyone who put Della Monica/Guarise in first and won gold with a perfect 45 points!
SashaJuliaSpins, text_skate, actualrealliveanna, matmuh, rosacotton, voolfee, and Jombi!!

For the rest of us, some of whom may have seriously considered bumping Marchei/Hotarek down to second but didn't, at least we can share a silver and enjoy our 35 points.
tulosai, invisiblespiral, Weathergal, Icebethy, Florencito, cathlen, Hyena, CaroLiza_fan

icekiwi

On the Ice
LADIES

1.Roberta Rodeghiero
2.Nicole Gosviani
3.Giada Russo
4.Sara Casella
5.Ilaria Nogaro
6.Guia Maria Tagliapietra

MEN

1.Ivan Righini
2.Maurizio Zandron