2015-16 Grand Prix Final Gala/Exhibition | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Gala/Exhibition

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Love Nathan Chen's ex too, most the masculinity the music and his presentation deliver. I want to see more men wearing a plan shirt and jeans instead of those over decorative costumes in skating, but not Patrick's baggy pants and sweater.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just caught Nathan Chen's ex. Woah, that was amazing, really blew me away!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
MIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Funnily enough, I had been keeping an eye out for her in the audience all week, but had given up hope of seeing her.
I never saw Miki skate in competition, in person.. and I figured I'd never see her skate in a show either. But I'd heard she was in Barcelona... and I actually saw her once... rushing from the rink to the official hotel. I was like "Wow! that was Miki Ando who just ran past us!"

So you can imagine... what a great and happy surprise it was for me - when she unexpectedly appeared in the gala!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just came to looking at the start of this thread to see the comments about the routines that Eurosport didn't show (there were an awful lot!)

And I found this on the first page:

haha lol Polina
Is she goin to replicate Elena's Bodyguard:rofl:

oh no poor CaroLoza! :laugh: I can predict his comments! "Its too mature! She's a juniour!"(I love you CL I do!:biggrin:)

Eh? Are you sure you're not thinking of somebody else. Because I can't remember ever complaining about programmes being too mature for Junior skaters this season.

I do remember complaining about Zhenya's Bee Gees Gala being too Juniorish. But, she has got rid of that now (Thank goodness! I love the Bee Gees, but I hated that routine!)

I love you too!!! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I never saw Miki skate in competition, in person.. and I figured I'd never see her skate in a show either. But I'd heard she was in Barcelona... and I actually saw her once... rushing from the rink to the official hotel. I was like "Wow! that was Miki Ando who just ran past us!"

So you can imagine... what a great and happy surprise it was for me - when she unexpectedly appeared in the gala!

I have always loved Miki. And I wish I had got to see her in the flesh too. So, I am so jealous of you (not to mention jealous of Javi, but that's another matter! ;) )

I've never been to a skating competition, but I went to a World Superbike race at Brands Hatch in 2006. And found it so surreal to see people you have watched on the TV walking past you! I had every intention of getting a pile of autographs, but when the time came, I was too shy to approach a lot of the riders.

Mind you, when I was hovering outside the hospitality truck of one of the Italian private teams, the rider/team manager came out and invited me in, and we had a long chat, and he gave me a pile of memorabilia. He was genuinely one of the nicest people I have ever met. And although he retired from racing soon afterwards to concentrate on managing the team, I have supported his team ever since.

But, this is getting off topic.

It never dawned on me that the mysterious guest on before Javi would be Miki. But, I am so glad it was. Mind you, I so wish they had both on the ice together.

Hey, wouldn't it have been great if Miki had been the one to throw the water around Javi! :laugh:

I hope you enjoyed the gala, and your whole time at the event!

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Eh? Are you sure you're not thinking of somebody else. Because I can't remember ever complaining about programmes being too mature for Junior skaters this season. ...

Not a program ... but I do remember that you were quite concerned about the selfie that Tukt deleted.

Maybe Sugarpova was thinking of that discussion?

Batsuchan

Medalist
Does anyone know--was there an audience vote during the gala or something? I saw screenshots of some kind of scoreboard after people skated, but I couldn't figure out what it was showing... :confused:

For example this:
http://i.imgur.com/AsAlmwbl.jpg

I was wondering if anyone knew what the final results were!