Country
Poland
Krzysiu was on tonight! :hap10:

ED: Ok, so maybe not so much....

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Michal: The Ultimate Heartbreaking Prince Charming. I really dont know what to say anymore, he needs to have fighting spirit, i guess one of the advantages of being a skater of "figure skating" country is it motivates you to be better and keeps you fired up otherwise you wont make it to Europeans or Worlds, he might have had Verner before but there was no risk of not making since they did good enough to keep 2 spots, i dont know what he is thinking but i wouldnt be surprised if he decides to retire ,i hope he wont cause i enjoy his skating, and i really wonder how he is doing at practices

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When I was doing the analysis of my predictions, I wrote this about Michal's sister:

For the Czechs, Eliška Březinová has long been the top Ladies skater. However, I do feel she is stagnating. Perhaps working with a different coach would help. OK, so I am totally biased, as I have never made any secret of the fact that her long-term coach (Karel Fajfr) disgusts me. But I do feel she needs to make big changes if she is to regain her position as the girl to beat. She is a good skater, and I don’t want to see her just fade away.

And you know what. I could easily say exactly the same about Michal.

Of course, it is only a couple of years since Michal came back to Fajfr. But, in that time, Fajfr seems to have added a lot more skaters to his books. So, can he dedicate the same amount of time to Michal (or Eliška) that he used to?

I really do think trying another coach might help Michal, and Eliška.

There again, I was saying the same about Liza a couple of years ago. And look what she achieved last year after staying put with Mishin!

But, Fajfr is not Mishin.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, I have to go now and get fed.

So, I'm going to miss my adoptive son! :cry:

Hope Martin has a good skate, just like Anna did earlier!

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
When I was doing the analysis of my predictions, I wrote this about Michal's sister:

And you know what. I could easily say exactly the same about Michal.

Of course, it is only a couple of years since Michal came back to Fajfr. But, in that time, Fajfr seems to have added a lot more skaters to his books. So, can he dedicate the same amount of time to Michal (or Eliška) that he used to?

I really do think trying another coach might help Michal, and Eliška.

There again, I was saying the same about Liza a couple of years ago. And look what she achieved last year after staying put with Mishin!

But, Fajfr is not Mishin.

He's definitely no Mishin. Has he ever had a really successful skater apart from Michal? I don't want to say the coach is the only problem, but he definitely isn't helping Michal progress. Isn't there any other coach he can try? Like matmuh said, I think it's also hard to find motivation when he knows he can retain his title without skating to the best of his ability, due to the lack of any serious challengers. He's said he wants to stick around until the 2018 Olys...hopefully something changes before then.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Thank you. I couldn't remember.

Well I like both remaining teams. Thank you for posting the videos. Ziggy would be so proud of the Polish team. They have real potential. And whilst T&C's programs this year aren't particularly noteworthy, I think they are.

Looking forward to seeing both of their FDs.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Warm-Up Group for Pairs FS just started

Boys but it is strange seeing a warm-up with so few people on the ice. They must be lonely!

Come on Anna and Martin! Nobody will notice if you sneak in and just do the FS! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know how the past couple of seasons i have been complaining about Roberta Rodeghiero's FS having the worst music edit I have heard in years.

Well, I take it back. This FS from AnnaMarie Pearce / Mark Magyar is worse.

It was a Frank Sinatra medley of "My Way" and "Fly Me To The Moon". But, there was a gap of about 2 seconds in between the songs, when the skaters were skating away unaccompanied! :eek:

And, I know I was only joking in my last post, but Anna and Martin really should have sneaked in and just done the FS.

Because, with the scores the Hungarians got in each segment, the Czechs could have easily won the title with only doing one segment! :shocked:

This is not the standard that you expect to win a National Championship title. But, at the end of the day, you can only beat who is there. And when nobody else is there, this is the sort of thing that can happen.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
My first reaction was "wow, that box with the timer looks pretty cheap"... until I compare it to the Finnish stream and this looks like advanced outer space technology(Finnish one probably done in notepad). Anyway, happy that this is going on right now, will keep me occupied for the morning~

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We started today's Free Skate with the girl that finished off yesterday's SHort Programme.

And, you know what. Eszter SZOMBATHELYI did seem better than she was yesterday.

Unfortunately, her score in the SP was so far behind the girl directly ahead of her that she has little hope of moving up any places.

But, at least she looks like she enjoyed herself today.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just had one of the local girls on. And I reckon Laura RASZYKOVA's family must have been directly behind the rink-side microphones, because their cheering was deafening when she was introduced!

And then they were clapping along with the music at one stage, and you couldn't hear the music properly!

I can tell you something, though. The editing of the music was a LOT better than we heard with the Hungarian Pairs couple earlier. You would not imagine that you could go from Vivaldi to "Frozen" and barely notice. Yet, that is exactly what happened!

Easily goes into the lead. But, this is not a purely seeded draw. Laura was a full 3 places ahead of Eszter who went before her.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"Clap Pat".

Now that is a song that I never imagined that I would hear being used in a figure skating routine!

Very strange combination of songs used in Oliwia RZEPIEL's medley. I can't remember what the first song was, but it was quite calm. Then came "Clap Pat". And then rapping at the end.

But, you could see that she was having the time of her life out there!

Yesterday, Sam-Skwantch was talking about the way the sponsors logos were spinning in during the coverage of the Italian Championships made it seem like a disco party. Well, this was a proper party routine!

Definitely worth a watch if it appears on YouTube

Goes into 2nd with 101 points altogether.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The standard of Group 2 was pretty good.

We started off with a really beautiful routine from Miroslava MAGULOVA. Then we had Natalie KRATENOVA, who had an enjoyable routine.

Next was Hagarova. Yesterday, I was saying not to discount her making a comeback after a rather disappointing SP.

Well, the FS was good, and she did take the lead, but I realised straight away that it wouldn't be enough to climb up the order.

Next came the 2 Poles from the Toruń club. First Agnieszka REJMENT. She was another one that had a beautiful routine.

Because her team-mate was next, her coach was only able to say a few quick words to her before going to see to Aleksandra RUDOLF. So, Rejment was left sitting on the sofa on her own. And when her score came through, and she saw that she had only slotted into 3rd, she was not a happy bunny. She actually thumped the sofa a few times!

During Rudolf's routine, you could see Rejment was still sitting on the sofa. After the routine, Rudolf came up to the sofa, the 2 girls had a hug and a kiss, and then sat down together with their coaches. It was really cute!

Then the scores came through. Rudolf took the lead, and Rejment's expression changed straight away! She had the same face on her that she had when her own results came through.

So, by the looks of things, I wasn't the only one that was expecting Rejment to be further up the order, and top Pole. She was expecting it herself. And when it did not happen, she wasn't disappointed. She was angry!

It's natural to be annoyed when you don't do as well as you expect, but don't let it show!

Not a good look, Agneszka!

Group 3 doing their warm-up now.

CaroLiza_fan