Anastasia Tarakanova | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova

Azikin

Medalist
Good job with the last place? That's not how it works in Russia, I'm afraid. But hope dies last, of course. And who was that woman she was there with? I don't recall seeing her before..

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Good job with the last place? That's not how it works in Russia, I'm afraid. But hope dies last, of course. And who was that woman she was there with? I don't recall seeing her before..

The woman next to Anastasiya is Ilona Protasenya, who does choreography for the Snow Leopards.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anastasiya has finished her season.

Despite the fact that her leg/foot/ankle wasn't fully healed, she decided to have a go in the final competition of the season. After the result of the SP, when a place on the team was out of reach, she decided not risking a re-injury again.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Anastasiya has finished her season.

Despite the fact that her leg/foot/ankle wasn't fully healed, she decided to have a go in the final competition of the season. After the result of the SP, when a place on the team was out of reach, she decided not risking a re-injury again.

Sad, though expectable. I like her skating and I truly hope her next season will be more succesful and without injuries. If she will go to seniors, let her get at least one GP.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Sad, though expectable. I like her skating and I truly hope her next season will be more succesful and without injuries. If she will go to seniors, let her get at least one GP.

Hopefully her place on the reserve team isn't in jeopardy. That team is getting very crowded also. But I am still worried over her chances next season.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Hopefully her place on the reserve team isn't in jeopardy. That team is getting very crowded also. But I am still worried over her chances next season.

For now let's hope Nastya will be inwited to the test skates.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
For now let's hope Nastya will be inwited to the test skates.

Big question mark, last year there were only 8 invitees, right? All primary team members ... I don't know what chances the reserves were given to prove themselves at the start of the season.

Anastasiya in the primary team alongside Sinitsyna, Vasil'yeva? Displaying who? The number of primary team member isn't even certain. Frolova is probably still too young.

No, as much as I want this for Anastasiya, it will be difficult.

Scott512

Record Breaker
But lets not forget that she is still in the seasons best list
How so?

She looks to be in really good shape which makes it all the more frustrating that she can't keep going and keeps missing events. That cannot happen to Nastya next season.

Resa

On the Ice
How so?

She looks to be in really good shape which makes it all the more frustrating that she can't keep going and keeps missing events. That cannot happen to Nastya next season.

But at least the seasons best list assures her a GP start next season. So I do think that she will be invited to test skates.

Scott512

Record Breaker
But at least the seasons best list assures her a GP start next season. So I do think that she will be invited to test skates.
Aren't they called open skates because they are open to the skaters? Nastya looks to be in good physical shape. Hopefully she still has a bright future with the Russian Federation. She's only 15 so she still has a chance. and I would think if you're on the national team or national team as a reserve as a junior or senior that you would be at test skates or open skates.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Hello Anastasia Tarakanova fans:

Please remember the FanFest guidelines:

Fan Fests[
The Fan Fest (FF) is a place for fans to celebrate and praise their favorite skaters—not a place to pick apart their technique, skills, etc.

Thank you for posting and please continue to cheer for Anastasia!:hap10:

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
"That's not how it works in Russia" I knew that, just trying to put it nicely.

Honestly, I'm glad they didn't risk re injury when they knew there was nothing to skate fr, and she might just give them another statement of inconsistency like Stanislava at RCF last year. But still, she's 16 and probably won't get a JGP assignment, as there are many new girls coming up every year. Nastya was once one of them.

I don't know where she would fit into the team, I really hope she doesn't just fade into irrelevance. There are still moments of brilliance in her skating. But there's this thing that's just missing, and I guess to put it nicely, it's not a coincidence that of the five top juniors in Eteri's group two years ago, Alena is about to win worlds, Anna is two time national champion, Sasha is two time jr world champion and a bunch of other international medals, Nastya is struggling domestically to find a spot on the team, and Daria Panenkova has retired.

I've made a preliminary list of the top girls in Russia next season, although a lot changes. I've done it with 8 juniors and 8 seniors, and 2 alterantes for each (as seen this season Frolova and Tsibinova/Shulskaya were called in when Tarusina and KAnysheva retired and Vasilieva was injured)

SENIORS
- Alena Kostornaia, 17 (Eteri)
- Anna Shcherbakova, 16 (Eteri)
- Alexandra Trusova, 16, (Eteri)
- Evgenia Medvedeva, 21 (Orser)
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, 23 (Mishin)
- Ksenia Sinitsyna, 15 (Panova)
- Anastasia Guliakova, 18 (Mishin)
- Sofia Samodurova 18 (Mishin)
Alt. Alina Zagitova 18 (Eteri)
Alt. Valeria Shulskaya 16 (idk the coach)

JUNIORS
- Kamila Valieva 14 (Eteri)
- Daria Usacheva 14 (Eteri)
- Maya Khromykh 14 (Eteri)
- Anna Frolova 15 (Davydov)
- Sofia Samodelkina 14 (Davydov)
- Adelya Petrosyan 13 (Eteri)
- Sofia Muravyova, 14 (Eteri)
- Anastasia Zinina 14 (idk the coach and i don't think she was at nationals but she is one of the top girls apparently ad you know the russian competitions, like Frolova didn't do incredibly well at nationals last year either)
Alt. Kamila Sultanmagomedova (see note above, though she will be coming up on 15, so that seems to be a turning point as seen with Kostyuk, Shabotova, Safonova, and co)
Alt. idk honestly

So as seen above, there are openings but Vasilieva, Konstantinova, Gubanova....they are all hungry. And so is Nastya. So i don't see where she would necessarily fit to be internationally competitve, they probably won't give her a GP. Hopefully they at least send her to a challenger and the tough luck from this year doesn't happen again

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Finally something new! And here's Nastya's reply in the comments: "Hello, everything is fine, I will slowly prepare for the next season..."

That's a good sign! :cheer:

Let's hope so.

It still looks very odd, Anastasiya in an empty room with almost bare furniture.

This is not how the average Russian working class family of parents and children lives. My guess is, this is the apartment rented for Anastasiya in Moscow/Novosokino/Reutov But unless she wants to answer herself, we should respect her privacy and private situation, which will be strained anyway. No skater apart from the national team with proven results can be certain of their status next season.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
She is preparing for the next season! Yay! Hopefully she has recovered from her injury woes completely now, some people on the Russian forum were saying Russian Cup Final was the last time we were going to see her in a major competition but I think not. I hope that the fed notices that even though she doesn't have ultra c (yet! I'm holding out hope for that triple axel!) or a huge political pull, she has a good scoring potential and can give her a chance to prove her self at the senior level on the challenger series. It's unlikely but maybe? She would have to beat all the girls who beat her at RCF (excluding junior Frolova) to get there so that would be Gubanova, Guliakova (likely to get host spot), Talalaikina, Nugumanova, and a few others.

I'm not going to worry about next season too much for now, good to hear that sh=e will continue skating and seems to be in good condition. :laugh:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Anastasiya on her 16th birthday.

Stay safe, stay in shape, stay in love with figure skating, Nastya.

Perhaps she’ll do a stream or update her social media on how she is coping?