Anastasia Tarakanova | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova

Ninamenlo

Spectator
https://www.instagram.com/anastasiyatar04/?hl=en

Would someone be kind enough to provide a better translation than Instagram's automatic one? but wow, the drama just keeps coming.
Here is my translation of Tarakanova instagram post. Note that in Russia coaches are addressed by their first and middle names by students
——————1
Well, initially i did not want to talk about my transition and my parents forbade me to use social media and answer questions. But yesterday i read Evgenii Vikorovich (Plushenko) comment and it made me very upset! Nobody expelled me. Why is he saying that! I really respect him as an athlete, he accomplished so much that one can only dream about! He helped me a lot when he accepted me in his academy, and provided an opportunity for me to continue skating. He even found a sponsor who paid for my training. The reason for my transition is totally different from what Evgenii Viktorovich stated...we discussed this a lot with management, and with my coach Ksenia Semenovna that my competitors have twice as much time on the ice, and that out group is overcrowded. And the rink itself is very small, i never got used to it. Even regular sized one was too small for me in the past. They promised different rink back in Feb, but it never happened. In the academy started to learn quads and 3A. Sometimes jumps were not too bad, but not consistent, and sometimes i was upset, but it was not a drama, and everyone was supporting me. I had very good results after lessons with harness, coached by Amir Rafaelovich, but for some reason he was rarely assigned to work with me, and other coaches caused injuries.

Every training has some tears and injuries. I am no exception. Feel upset to read such a comment, because everybody says i matured a lot recently and has really changed. I think Evgenii Viktorovich just voiced the opinion that fits my personality the most. But i still have a lot of respect for him and wish him a lot of success!
PS - the decision to transition was made back in March, i talked to Ksenia Semenovna, she understood and supported me, told me to think it over and come back when Evgenii Viktorovich comes back from vacation. So thats what we did. When he came back, me and my mom came with flowers and Evgenii Viktorovich understood everything when he saw me with flowers, and kindly wished me good luck!
My apologies Evgenii Viktorovich if i somehow offended you, you gave me a lot and i tried my best.

Why i came back to Svetlana Vladimirovna (Panova) - no comments here from me.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Here is my translation of Tarakanova instagram post. Note that in Russia coaches are addressed by their first and middle names by students
——————1
Well, initially i did not want to talk about my transition and my parents forbade me to use social media and answer questions. But yesterday i read Evgenii Vikorovich (Plushenko) comment and it made me very upset! Nobody expelled me. Why is he saying that! I really respect him as an athlete, he accomplished so much that one can only dream about! He helped me a lot when he accepted me in his academy, and provided an opportunity for me to continue skating. He even found a sponsor who paid for my training. The reason for my transition is totally different from what Evgenii Viktorovich stated...we discussed this a lot with management, and with my coach Ksenia Semenovna that my competitors have twice as much time on the ice, and that out group is overcrowded. And the rink itself is very small, i never got used to it. Even regular sized one was too small for me in the past. They promised different rink back in Feb, but it never happened. In the academy started to learn quads and 3A. Sometimes jumps were not too bad, but not consistent, and sometimes i was upset, but it was not a drama, and everyone was supporting me. I had very good results after lessons with harness, coached by Amir Rafaelovich, but for some reason he was rarely assigned to work with me, and other coaches caused injuries.

Every training has some tears and injuries. I am no exception. Feel upset to read such a comment, because everybody says i matured a lot recently and has really changed. I think Evgenii Viktorovich just voiced the opinion that fits my personality the most. But i still have a lot of respect for him and wish him a lot of success!
PS - the decision to transition was made back in March, i talked to Ksenia Semenovna, she understood and supported me, told me to think it over and come back when Evgenii Viktorovich comes back from vacation. So thats what we did. When he came back, me and my mom came with flowers and Evgenii Viktorovich understood everything when he saw me with flowers, and kindly wished me good luck!
My apologies Evgenii Viktorovich if i somehow offended you, you gave me a lot and i tried my best.

Why i came back to Svetlana Vladimirovna (Panova) - no comments here from me.

That's a reasonable and well voiced explanation from Tarakanova's part. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but it seems that Plyushchenko's Angels is not the best environment for an elite skater that still is in the process of growing, not only in age and skill level but also emotionally. So all the little kids from affluent parents got the right of way at the Academy's rink which is too small for a skater with such big bold moves as Anastasiya? Unless PA builds a full size rink, I doubt any elite skater will transfer to Plyushchenko in the future, which is his loss entirely.

Hopefully with the strongest Snow Leopards trainer handling the "fishing rod" and Anastasiya in the harness, they are able to work successfully towards learning the triple Axel and quads she will need to stay competitive in the seniors.
Glad that one more year in juniors with her friends around her allows Anastasiya to quietly mature and emerge as a better skater.

bloomies20

Rinkside
Unfortunate that this split had to be played out in the media, but it really made sense for both sides to split. Plushenko's academy is geared towards smaller children and he's at best a part-time coach. Nastya needs a full time coach that is invested in her and other skaters around her age/skill that can help maximize her full potential. A full size rink is also a necessity for an elite skater. We'll never know what really happened, but I hope that Panova can provide Nastya with what she is looking for.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anastasiya asks for your help in finding music for her new programs:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw1Yl_VoWep/
and perhaps some sponsors too.
She confirms she is back at Snow Leopards, but since competitive season for her is finished, needs to start anew working on the coming season.

Fluture

Record Breaker
New video :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWTit8AnexE
It seems she gained a little bit of weight, I hope she will be OK for JPG..

She looks beautiful. She‘s a teenager, they grow and put on weight as a result. Completely normal and healthy! Besides, I do not see any major difference, just that she looks a bit taller.

She‘s on holidays as it seems and should absolutely enjoy herself. She‘s earned it. She‘ll be back to training at 100% soon. It will be interesting to hear about her new programs.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
Holiday and not exactly - in her home town and spends long hours on the ice training young children. For most of us, it is work, but these girls train so hard, that it seems like holiday :)