Anastasia Tarakanova | Page 61 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Birthday video with Anastasiya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8m82rXbctI , but only 'GRWM', well, she is a teenage girl after all ;-)

At least she is out in the countryside at some dacha, playing with her pets, skipping pebbles on the Volga (I suppose she is in Volgograd), dad chopping wood for the kost'yor, so the family can have shashliki later.

Anastasiya confirmed she's had a nice day out.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
It seems like Nastya has switched to...roller skating? Apparently she's already training with a national team coach. She's got talent. I'm really going to miss her in figure skating, I guess she didn't have the basics for dance and was too tall for pairs, and realistically she wasn't going to make in Russian singles. She was always a nice skater, nice girl. An interesting choice, though I wish her success.

Sad for her figure skating career, it had so much potential. If only she were from any other country besides Russia.....

SkateSkates

Medalist
If it’s true about Nastya switching, then this is how I’ll remember her: https://youtu.be/-0YzLQ_VltM

I posted this video in the Russian ladies thread too. It’s my favorite program of hers and IMO showcases her best qualities - her SS and passion - in a way her later programs did not. Wishing her all the best!

flimflam

Rinkside
I remember :) Anastasia Tarakanova first year in Juniors. Her two programs were my favorite for the season. I always found her to be a rare bird who combined fury and passion into a heady cocktail of a skate. She actually had a great Junior career taken seven grand prix medals and making the finals twice. She even won 3 Russian Nationals Championships at the Novice level
I wish her well as she transitions into a new sport. She is a very extraordinary skater that I will miss

Gg Gg

On the Ice
Настя ты перешла на роликовый вид спорта?
today 13:25
Anastasia Tarakanova
Anastasia Tarakanova
Екатерина, Нет. Это только для поддержания формы после карантина. ����

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Настя ты перешла на роликовый вид спорта?
today 13:25
Anastasia Tarakanova
Anastasia Tarakanova
Екатерина, Нет. Это только для поддержания формы после карантина. ����

So she's not actually moving to roller skates.

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States

sparklestan

On the Ice
According to Google Translate (I don't speak Russian), she replies in one of the comments that she won't be at test skates because she's no longer part of the national team. That's too bad; I like her skating. I wonder if RusFed would let her compete for a different country, or if she'd even be interested.
Tbh, I’m not sure how practical it would be for her to switch countries. With RusFeds new rules regarding switching I think she’d have to wait two years since her last international competition (Sept 2019) and 1 year since her last national competition (Feb 2020) before competing for the new country. Also, she mentioned before that she has financial issues so without state schools and funding it would probably be more difficult for her to pay for the training she needs to skate at the elite level.
All that being said, I adore Nastya’s skating and I hope to see her compete in the upcoming season regardless of which flag she skates under. :)

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Tbh, I’m not sure how practical it would be for her to switch countries. With RusFeds new rules regarding switching I think she’d have to wait two years since her last international competition (Sept 2019) and 1 year since her last national competition (Feb 2020) before competing for the new country. Also, she mentioned before that she has financial issues so without state schools and funding it would probably be more difficult for her to pay for the training she needs to skate at the elite level.
All that being said, I adore Nastya’s skating and I hope to see her compete in the upcoming season regardless of which flag she skates under. :)

It's just that she medalled at both of her JGP events last season, so I would have expected them to keep her. If the Fed is dropping her, then I imagine that she's pretty much done in Russia, so I was hoping that maybe there was another option for her.

Yeah, she didn't come very close to her fundraising goal, so that doesn't help, either.

Well, most skaters don't make it very far. She had a pretty good run, and I enjoyed the wild, chaotic edge she brought to her programs. Hopefully, she'll find a way to continue.

sparklestan

On the Ice
It's just that she medalled at both of her JGP events last season, so I would have expected them to keep her. If the Fed is dropping her, then I imagine that she's pretty much done in Russia, so I was hoping that maybe there was another option for her.

Yeah, she didn't come very close to her fundraising goal, so that doesn't help, either.

Well, most skaters don't make it very far. She had a pretty good run, and I enjoyed the wild, chaotic edge she brought to her programs. Hopefully, she'll find a way to continue.
Yeah it’s crazy to think she would have been the star of just about any other country but with the depth of Russian Ladies it’s looking less and less likely that she’ll be able to make it out of domestic competitions.
At least her coach, Panova, is open to continuing to train girls who change their flag since she continued to train Anna Kuzmenko and Anastasia Shabotova after switching to France and Ukraine respectively, so if she is able to change her flag she can keep her coaching team.