Anastasia Tarakanova | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova

LRK

Record Breaker
This is so cool and it sounds like something out of lord of the rings or an Irish folk tune or something and with the climax in the end it could be really bad ass

This is something I’ve seen else where which I think could be awesome as not many skaters imo are able to skate big enough and it would challenge her to get the grace and elegance to make it really special. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FjMqowJ9cJY

I was thinking of what you said, and it suddenly occurred to me that I believe she could actually do LOTR - for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_JfHLs2Nc4

Though she probably should wait a year or two - but it would be great as a senior program; and this type of music may be unusual for a female skater, but as you say, she can skate big enough and powerfully enough to do it justice.

PiggytailProdigy

On the Ice
I love her passion and fierceness shown in her programs but I would really want her to try something totally different. She used to have more playful programs as a novice (like The Addams Family and Tore my Heart), her Addams Family was real classic imo. Her transition to a junior skater was really successful with these dynamic and powerful programs. But I’m hoping to see more different sides of her. Russian folk songs with a little wilderness could be a lot of fun for her short program while I would like to see her do something classical and balletic like Black Swan or Phantom of the Opera, something theatrical with a dramatic story line would be cool for her. She doesn’t necessarily have to change her style, I would just like to see her interpret these programs in her own style and make it special in her own way.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I love her passion and fierceness shown in her programs but I would really want her to try something totally different. She used to have more playful programs as a novice (like The Addams Family and Tore my Heart), her Addams Family was real classic imo. Her transition to a junior skater was really successful with these dynamic and powerful programs. But I’m hoping to see more different sides of her. Russian folk songs with a little wilderness could be a lot of fun for her short program while I would like to see her do something classical and balletic like Black Swan or Phantom of the Opera, something theatrical with a dramatic story line would be cool for her. She doesn’t necessarily have to change her style, I would just like to see her interpret these programs in her own style and make it special in her own way.

Nastya is very young. She has all the time in the world to explore new styles. Best stick with what‘s working and what she likes right now, especially as she already has to accommodate to a new environment, a new coach and everything. I guess Believer is a song she personally enjoys and I‘m glad that she‘s allowed to skate to it. She‘s very powerful, wild and uncontrolled and there‘s something unpolished about her but in the best way. The only thing that needs to be controlled about her right now are her jumps. I think she might be a bit young to successfully pull something like POTO or Swan Lake off. I also can‘t see her want to skate to something like Swan Lake. Maybe in the future but now... maybe she‘d surprise me but I just can‘t see it her as the balletic type.

But maybe she‘ll already explore with styles this season? Who knows? Believer is also a bit unusual of a choice, so why not? Personally, I‘m very excited to find out what here programs are going to be. :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t want her to change at all. I mean...she can do what she wants but the rawness and power of her skating is very unique. No reason to fear being a little different....I’m much more fearful of being the same ;)

madmax

Rinkside
Imagine Dragons?

So fitting: Nastya is really a rock girl!

Whatever it takes
'Cause I love the adrenaline in my veins
I do whatever it takes
'Cause I love how it feels when I break the chains
Whatever it takes
You take me to the top

SkySkater

On the Ice
So the video has been reuploaded to angels of plushenko as there was a problem with copyright apparently due to the fact it is very popular music--apparently the choreographer is Alexander Zolotarev does anyone know anything else that he has choreographed since I'm really excited for this program so I hope he is a good if little known choreographer.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Were going to have to download performances before YouTube removes the music or the videos altogether :curse:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
the choreographer is Alexander Zolotarev

Oh that's interesting. As far as I know, Zolotarev is a coach there at the academy, he's an ex ID guy. I don't think I've seen anything choreographed by him before but it sure does look promising from that little video.

LRK

Record Breaker
Were going to have to download performances before YouTube removes the music or the videos altogether :curse:

Oh... great… But I've watched Moris' program lately, and there were no issues with the video or the sound, so maybe there is hope?

Anyway, I'm glad the vid is back, as I was so disappointed that it was gone - that stepsequence was so cool!

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Umm....Nastya isn’t very good at opening up packages 📦

:laugh2:

SkySkater

On the Ice
I’m so exited for Nastia this season. Both of her programs are really interesting and original and I love both of her music choices (though I am a little annoyed because all my faves are doing tangos now). Her choreographer though definitely likes his quirky music though based off of that and Believer but at least there aren’t any crazy cuts hopefully :pray:

All of her jumps apparently are really good (though I am still mourning her stunning solo lutz) according to all of the reports I’ve seen. This is reassuring considering only a few months ago she was struggling with a single axel. Her program itself according to a couple people is really nice and stood out favourably which at an event as talented as this is really exciting for the upcoming season as these will be her top competitors. So curious now to hear about her free and how it stacks up to the amazing step sequence and fragments we have and it will just be a question of her stamina when it comes to the jumps.

Her live is so adorable—is there anyone here who can translate what she is saying because her reactions to everything are so cute. Apparently the other girl is Sofia Moroz though I’m not sure which would make sense as they aren’t from the three big schools (Eteri, CSKA,Panova) so they may be dorming together.

MedoLove

On the Ice
I liked Nastya's performance in the tests! and her musical options are great, she can still be polished, she has a lot of speed and passion, her entries in the jumps are WOW, I noticed that she uses Sotnikova's spin (let's call it Sotka-spin), very beautiful.