Anastasia Tarakanova | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova

PiggytailProdigy

On the Ice
I would say that Nastya held back a little during her last JGP event. She wasn't really consistent during practice but when she hits, her jumps are much bigger than the ones in the actual comp. I think that Nastya and Alena Kostornaya are gonna be leaders of the 03-04 pack sooner or later if they become more consistent. Their jumps are big and they have strong ss with great spins as well. IMO more all-arounded than Shcherbakova and Trusova, which was also the reason why Nastya won over the other two when all of them skated to clean programs last season (Anna and Sasha had higher bv)

hanca

Record Breaker
I would say that Nastya held back a little during her last JGP event. She wasn't really consistent during practice but when she hits, her jumps are much bigger than the ones in the actual comp. I think that Nastya and Alena Kostornaya are gonna be leaders of the 03-04 pack sooner or later if they become more consistent. Their jumps are big and they have strong ss with great spins as well. IMO more all-arounded than Shcherbakova and Trusova, which was also the reason why Nastya won over the other two when all of them skated to clean programs last season (Anna and Sasha had higher bv)

I don’t think we can say now who will be leading in the future. I remember the first junior season of Medvedeva, Sotskova, Proklova and Sakhanovich. They were all pretty good, with some strengths and weaknesses. I don’t think anyone watching them would know which of them will be the leader in seniors, which of them will be a decent senior (but not the top senior), which will disappear because of an injury and who will struggle with puberty and never regain her consistency. The same with Gubanova and Nugumanova being the top girls for a few years, but suddenly when they became junior eligible, the rest of the junior field caught up and they were not completely at the top any more.
Now you are looking at Trusova, Scherbakova, Tarakanova and Kostornaya and try to figure out the future, but there is so many things that influence their future skating career... Puberty, injury but also their personality. We will have to wait and see.

Ender

Match Penalty
Her jumps still look scary and wild, hopefully her team will help her smooth those issue soon. It’s still early.

Myslitel

On the Ice
Her jumps still look scary and wild, hopefully her team will help her smooth those issue soon. It’s still early.

On the other hand, such jumps better conveys the spirit of the short program - don't forget, Tarakanik tries to escape from the madhouse. :biggrin:
But you're right of course.

Tulipstar

Medalist
I really enjoy her skating, programs and music. She's probably my favourite of all the juniors right now.

Kara

Final Flight
Her wild baby hairs at the end of her short in Austria stood out to me but now in Croatia where they've pulled them back a bit or something, I feel a bit lonely.:laugh: Even with those tiny mistakes, she was above the pack and deserved a bigger gap in PCS, but whatever.:eek:hwell: Her FS is one of my favorites with that awesome music so hoping she slays and runs far, far away with that gold!!:clap:

PiggytailProdigy

On the Ice
I wish Nas2ya would try a harder program.
Trusova and probably Shcherbakova(well we haven't seen her yet, but assume) are backloading everything in the short program and doing +3Lo while Nas2ya is only doing +3T plus she didn't even backload her triple-triple.
Trusova and Shcherbakova have quads in their LPs and backloads everything, maybe except the quads and Nas2ya is still doing the1-6 layout.
It really frustrates me cuz Nastya use to win even with an easier layout but the bv margin is just getting wider and wider and it's really not helping. It seems like she's not improving cuz Nas2ya has been doing the 1-6 layout for FS since 2014 and was sth special back then. But then everyone else improved and she just stayed the same?(well maybe not exactly the same but in terms of bv and stuff more or less the same)
I know she's still really good but since she's my fav I'm expecting more from her:noshake: Hoping for a quad her jumps are really big, enough for a quad imo...

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I think she isn't ready for more right now.
Her jumps are kind of messy and scary. She needs to improve her technic first.

Ender

Match Penalty
I think she isn't ready for more right now.
Her jumps are kind of messy and scary. She needs to improve her technic first.
She has to fix her scary air position especially the Flip. Her body is wide open. Should be tighter.

Myslitel

On the Ice
I wish Nas2ya would try a harder program.
Trusova and probably Shcherbakova(well we haven't seen her yet, but assume) are backloading everything in the short program and doing +3Lo while Nas2ya is only doing +3T plus she didn't even backload her triple-triple.
Trusova and Shcherbakova have quads in their LPs and backloads everything, maybe except the quads and Nas2ya is still doing the1-6 layout.
It really frustrates me cuz Nastya use to win even with an easier layout but the bv margin is just getting wider and wider and it's really not helping. It seems like she's not improving cuz Nas2ya has been doing the 1-6 layout for FS since 2014 and was sth special back then. But then everyone else improved and she just stayed the same?(well maybe not exactly the same but in terms of bv and stuff more or less the same)
I know she's still really good but since she's my fav I'm expecting more from her:noshake: Hoping for a quad her jumps are really big, enough for a quad imo...

Nastya only recently moving to Eteri's group, and she got a program based on the old layout. There was simply no time left for anything else.
It will be a tough season for her - there are so many things to do: to learn new cascades, a new arrangement of elements (backloading), to work on correction of jumping technique, to work on ultra-c.... and to work on personality, character.
Also, she must adapt to the established orders of a new group for her, to the new requirements, to the different level of competition, to the another level of discipline, to the other level of workloads. With Panova she was a prima, and here - daily heavy sparring with Scherbakova, Trusova, Panenkova, Kostornaya.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
It's always sad to watch such skating from very talented girl. But she has qualified. It's a good news. And now she has a lot of work to do, to be fully prepared for the JGPF.

russianfan

Match Penalty
It's always sad to watch such skating from very talented girl. But she has qualified. It's a good news. And now she has a lot of work to do, to be fully prepared for the JGPF.

I just hope she hasn't got any injury, that first fall looked very dangerous. Looked like she hit her head on the ice, but camera angle wasn't good enough to see. Hope everything is good, she will work on her technique and will please us with two clean performances at the final! :pray: