Anastasia Tarakanova | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova

Azikin

Medalist
Nastya nailed all the jumps and was clean which was great, and I feel the scores didn't do her justice. Were the lost levels on the spin and step sequence really necessary? Kind of feel she was robbed not necessarily on placement due to the mistake in the short, but just overall on the score for the free. That was more than a 120 for sure!

She was definitely robbed but thank God for at least the third place, that was incredibly close.. though it's nothing to write home about for sure.. Kind of a sour ending to what was expected to be a battle among 2 Russian and 1 American lady...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Only just watched the free skate back. Anastasiya pulled herself together for her free skate and fought for every element. It came at a price in 'emotion' and 'connection', but to skate clean and prove the federation she fought for it was more important.
Had she not lost about 10 points in the SP, she still wouldn't have won the Gold.

Would be interesting to hear what Anastasiya or her coach had to say about the results and on how to proceed from here.

I for one didn't like the garish, even childish costumes, something more subdued would make a difference for an older, more mature skater IMO. When she actually has less money to spend on dresses this season, keep them simple, classy and elegant.

A second Bronze for FFKKR in the JPG, which makes the whole process of maximising chances for JGPF much more exciting.

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
I've never thought that I would be saying this... but the Eteri team is the only one that understood what type of skater she is. Plushenko wanted a successor and Panova, a child. Asya is a force, she doesn't perform the fairy programs as well as when she is allowed to be wild. You can't put a tiger in a jail and call it ferocious.
Not that I want her to go back, but I wish Panova understood that she won't make a delicate skater out of her.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I've never thought that I would be saying this... but the Eteri team is the only one that understood what type of skater she is. Plushenko wanted a successor and Panova, a child. Asya is a force, she doesn't perform the fairy programs as well as when she is allowed to be wild. You can't put a tiger in a jail and call it ferocious.
Not that I want her to go back, but I wish Panova understood that she won't make a delicate skater out of her.

Fully agree. But perhaps there was just too little time at Snow Leopards to create this new image that fits Anastasiya like a glove?
Her incredible skill level saved her in Lake Placid, which is of course very commendable. If Anastasiya gets a second assignment, what should be altered and/or improved?

Wombat1800

On the Ice
If she doesn't get a second jgp assignment it might be a blessing in disguise, she'll be able to skate at more domestic senior Russian comps and hopefully get one or two later season challengers

Last edited:

Thomasew

Rinkside
I must admit, .. I don't understand why people are saying, .. "IF she gets a 2nd JGP assignment", .. she was assigned to JGP Croatia, according to the ISU ..

.. where she could have had a real chance at Gold, .. i.e. no significant competition.

.. now it looks like that's been changed to JGP Poland, where, once again she'll be up against Liu. :rolleye:

What's with all this .. IF ??

I agree that her current Programs seems a bit too timid/passive, .. Anastasia needs to be allowed to .. fly .. :)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I must admit, .. I don't understand why people are saying, .. "IF she gets a 2nd JGP assignment", .. she was assigned to JGP Croatia, according to the ISU ..

.. where she could have had a real chance at Gold, .. i.e. no significant competition.

.. now it looks like that's been changed to JGP Poland, where, once again she'll be up against Liu. :rolleye:

What's with all this .. IF ??

I agree that her current Programs seems a bit too timid/passive, .. Anastasia needs to be allowed to .. fly .. :)

The assignments aren't finalized, the skaters get swapped easily based on their results.
Right now, being 0.3 point short of Maia who also got a bronze, Nastia is in the risk of being withdrawn.
Other girls, who will probably score higher, might get her spot.

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
The assignments aren't finalized, the skaters get swapped easily based on their results.
Right now, being 0.3 point short of Maia who also got a bronze, Nastia is in the risk of being withdrawn.
Other girls, who will probably score higher, might get her spot.

Maia has been assigned to JGP Riga this week due to Kanysheva withdrawing. I think now Nastya has more probabilities for a 2nd GP now.

Azikin

Medalist
Maia has been assigned to JGP Riga this week due to Kanysheva withdrawing. I think now Nastya has more probabilities for a 2nd GP now.

Really? She's listed in Croatia and Maya in Poland.. seems to be a bit of a mess right now.. ;)

DenissVFan

Medalist
Nastya (like Kamila) isn't on the sub list of JGP Egna. Maybe it means her 2nd assignment (Zagreb) is not subject to change?

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Nastya (like Kamila) isn't on the sub list of JGP Egna. Maybe it means her 2nd assignment (Zagreb) is not subject to change?
Most likely.

Like Khromykh, she can do better than what she as accomplished on her first assignment and still try to gain the final, on an event without Valieva and Liu.

There's actually no better option than the Zagreb event for that.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I'm using most of this in the fitness gym, though far from that precise :biggrin:

Anastasiya's fitness exercises (if the repeats what she does at Snow Leopards) are of course of a different order: that of national junior team of Russia.
For instance working on the Atlas in the neck (right ?) is important because you need to look over your shoulder lots of time and still be able to whip your head around or keep it steady in those spins.
She is looks much taller and stronger, almost a woman grown while still only 15.

Nice to see she finds relaxation and comfort in doing these clips, Youtube for her seems like a gateway to the world.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anastasiya relaxing at home before leaving for Gdansk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGUhYG4kfu8

She details on her meals, how she looks after her weight and shape.
Taking a walk over some of Moscow's sights, not far from Red Square and all its attractions.

Anastasiya promised to post new and even more interesting videos soon.