Anastasia Tarakanova | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova

Leonardo

Final Flight
Wow, loved these interviews, she's simply so awesome, mature and cool in every way possible. Imho, her skating is kind of underrated in comparison to Kostornaia and Trusova. Tarakanova has everything and possibly the best jumping technique among those 3. Her jumps are so big, smooth and correct (perfect edges and rotation), her spins are the best in the business and her skating skills, transitions, pe/ch/in are just so fresh, original and intense. Nothing seems forced, it simply looks so natural and so adequate to her style and personality. For me, she' the most enjoyable russian junior in the world right now. She has so much quality in everything she does.

jiawen2016

On the Ice
She has the best rippon lutz in my opinion! It's a true rippon position as her arms are all the way straight above her head, which pulls her body up and gives her an amplitude lift. This spin position is eye-droppping:eeking: How could she twist her body to such a perfect diamond shape! When I watch her skating, I feel the freedom, the intensity and innate passion in her expression with her amazing speed and fluid arms, kind of the same feeling that I feel for Anna Pogorilaya's skating. I'm also more worried for her than some other Eteri girls because she can be a wild card sometimes, but this also makes her more interesting to watch!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m getting better at understanding Russian :yay:

https://youtu.be/F6p3JAoPuKQ

She says: “I know you have your favorites on the Grand Prix. I’m coming for them....I’ve got fire and I’ve got speed....I’m going to skate over your favorites and take their medals and it’s going to be awesome.” :biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This StSeq after the spin is killer!!!

https://youtu.be/28vjFBgFeJs?t=53s

If you keep watching you'll see her take some extra nasty falls but she seems tough and pops right back up :reye: Fearless girl with some of the fasting skating around!