Japanese Nationals 2015-16 General Info

NMURA

Medalist
December 25-27
Sapporo

Official results (Japanese)
http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2015-2016/fs_j/nationalsenior/index.htm

Schedule
http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2015-2016/fs_j/nationalsenior/12-04schedule.pdf

Entries

MEN
1 Daisuke ISOZAKI
2 Shoma UNO
3 Naoki ODA
4 Kento KAJITA
5 Ryuta KATADA
6 Sei KAWAHARA
7 Masato KIMURA
8 Takahiko KOZUKA
9 Ryo SAGAMI
10 Keiichiro SASAHARA
11 Hiroaki SATO
12 Koshiro SHIMADA
13 Jun SUZUKI
14 Mitsuki SUMOTO
15 Keiji TANAKA
16 Kazuki TOMONO
17 Kosuke NAKANO
18 Shu NAKAMURA
19 Kosuke NOZOE
20 Eiki HATTORI
21 Yuzuru HANYU
22 Ryuju HINO
23 Daichi MIYATA
24 Takahito MURA
25 Daisuke MURAKAMI
26 Koshin YAMADA
27 Sota YAMAMOTO
28 Ryoichi YUASA
29 Kohei YOSHINO
30 Kosuke WATABE

LADIES
1 Yuna AOKI
2 Mao ASADA
3 Hinano ISOBE
4 Haruka IMAI
5 Saya UENO
6 Miyabi OBA
7 Rika OYA
8 Riona KATO
9 Mariko KIHARA
10 Kaho KOMAKI
11 Kaori SAKAMOTO
12 Yuna SHIRAIWA
13 Haruna SUZUKI
14 Uruha TAKAHASHI
15 Mina TANIGUCHI
16 Ami DOBASHI
17 Yuka NAGAI
18 Miyu NAKASHIO
19 Yuki NISHINO
20 Rin NITAYA
21 Wakaba HIGUCHI
22 Ayaka HOSODA
23 Rika HONGO
24 Marin HONDA
25 Yura MATSUDA
26 Satoko MIYAHARA
27 Kanako MURAKAMI
28 Chinatsu MORI
29 Ayana YASUHARA
30 Yuhana YOKOI

PAIRS
1 Marin ONO/Wesley KILLING
2 Miu SUZAKI/Ryuichi KIHARA
3 Sumire SUTO/Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET

ICE DANCE
1 Emi HIRAI/Marien DE LA ASUNCION
2 Kana MURAMOTO/Chris REED
3 Ibuki MORI/Kentaro SUZUKI
4 Haruno YAJIMA/Kokoro MIZUTANI

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Is entry 17 supposed to be Yuka Nagai?

icekiwi

On the Ice
MEN
1 Yuzuru HANYU
2 Shoma UNO
3 Daisuke MURAKAMI
4 Takahito MURA
5 Sota YAMAMOTO
6 Takahiko KOZUKA

LADIES

1 Mao ASADA
2 Satoko MIYAHARA
3 Rika HONGO
4 Kanako MURAKAMI
5 Haruka IMAI
6 Yuka NAGAI
7 Kaori SAKAMOTO

PAIRS
1 Marin ONO/Wesley KILLING
2 Miu SUZAKI/Ryuichi KIHARA
3 Sumire SUTO/Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET

ICE DANCE
1 Kana MURAMOTO/Chris REED
2 Emi HIRAI/Marien DE LA ASUNCION
3 Ibuki MORI/Kentaro SUZUKI
4 Haruno YAJIMA/Kokoro MIZUTANI

peese

Medalist
Thank you NMURA! Any word on any livestreaming? There has been in the past, so crossing fingers we get something.

xie_vely

Spectator
oh this is great! Im really curious to see if there will be any new amazing skaters this year for japan

firal

Record Breaker
It will be broadcast on the Fuji TV in Japan (I'm thinking live...?) So if there's a chance for a stream that's the network I'd search for.

firal

Record Breaker
Not exactly live. I think it's going to be an hour or so delayed like last year.

If I remember correctly did they show a delayed broadcast for some parts and then all of a sudden cut to live when the big names came out? It was quite a confusing affair.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
If I remember correctly did they show a delayed broadcast for some parts and then all of a sudden cut to live when the big names came out? It was quite a confusing affair.

Yeah, confusing and irritating. But anyway, gotta keep away from the internet while watching the broadcast lest I see spoilers.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
The FJ TV Ad has the schedules as follows (and I add the starting time of actual competition in parenthesis):

12/25 18:30 Men's SP (17:25 Men's SP -- so perhaps no live broadcasting from the 1st two groups?)
12/26 18:30~ Ladies' SP/ Men's FS (13:45 Ladies' SP; 17:55 Men's FS -- no live for ladies' SP, not sure about if live for Men's FS)
12/27 19:00 Ladies' FS (15:55 Ladies' FS -- the overlapping time of broadcasting and actual competition is only the last 30 min of the competition, are they broadcasting live on only the last group or the whole thing is delayed?)

Ironically, there will be Live on the opening ceremony and drawing of SP skating orders (on 12/24)....

Interspectator

Record Breaker
More Nationals Fluff
Wakaba and Sota http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3iserd_1220-全日本前特集-6-次世代スケーター-樋口-山本_sport
Wakaba had a back injury to deal with at the beginning of the season. She's determined to get on the podium at Nationals

Shoma and Sota http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ismv1_1221-宇野昌磨x山本草太_sport
Just being adorable together in Barcelona last year and this year. They have a great friendship and rivalry which I hope pushes them both to the top.
Also, Yuzu told Shoma on the podium that linking arms (the way Shoma thought he was supposed to do) is what you do at a wedding. That's why they were both laughing so hard on the podium.

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Wakaba had a back injury to deal with at the beginning of the season. She's determined to get on the podium at Nationals

That's going to be tough... But I wish her all the best! Glad to see she's recovered :cheer:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
It will be broadcast on the Fuji TV in Japan (I'm thinking live...?) So if there's a chance for a stream that's the network I'd search for.

Is there any way to view it from overseas? I couldn't watch any NHK so-called free services.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Is there any way to view it from overseas? I couldn't watch any NHK so-called free services.

If it is live-streamed in Japan, it will most likely be geoblocked. So you will need a VPN. If you use a VPN, then just look back to this page as the day gets closer and I am sure someone will post a live stream address if it becomes available. :agree:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
If it is live-streamed in Japan, it will most likely be geoblocked. So you will need a VPN. If you use a VPN, then just look back to this page as the day gets closer and I am sure someone will post a live stream address if it becomes available. :agree:

Thanks KansaiPJ! I'll stop wishing I'm not in Japan over the winter :)

Iron Lotus

On the Ice

Search for Keyhole TV app to install on your PC. However the quality is poor. NijiTV may be another option, but my internet security would not allow me to install it to test it. :scratch2:

FYI TVJapan (US pay cable) broadcast NHK Men & Ladies taped. Nationals were not listed in the Dec. program guide. :(