Japanese Nationals 2015-16 General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals 2015-16 General Info

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
FYI TVJapan (US pay cable) broadcast NHK Men & Ladies taped. Nationals were not listed in the Dec. program guide. :(

I have this channel on my TV and they don't have nationals :( However, i've heard of a few livestreams that might show part of this event. I can see if I can post any of them here for future reference

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Search for Keyhole TV app to install on your PC. However the quality is poor. NijiTV may be another option, but my internet security would not allow me to install it to test it. :scratch2:

FYI TVJapan (US pay cable) broadcast NHK Men & Ladies taped. Nationals were not listed in the Dec. program guide. :(

Thanks for the info Iron Lotus! I'm conflicted. When I lived in Japan, I watched far too much TV (mostly figure skating and trashy late night dramas when I couldn't sleep). Now I'm back home I don't even own a TV, but would be wasting many hours glued to the PC if I had access to decent figure skating broadcasts! I watch a bit of fluff on dailymotion but my broadband is slow and the sound often doesn't quite synchronize with the video, so I'm assuming icenetwork would be a waste of money. I'd much rather watch Japanese shows anyway. I want a combination of Eurosport and NHK/Fuji/Asahi...:popcorn:

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
Thanks for the info Iron Lotus! I'm conflicted. When I lived in Japan, I watched far too much TV (mostly figure skating and trashy late night dramas when I couldn't sleep). Now I'm back home I don't even own a TV, but would be wasting many hours glued to the PC if I had access to decent figure skating broadcasts! I watch a bit of fluff on dailymotion but my broadband is slow and the sound often doesn't quite synchronize with the video, so I'm assuming icenetwork would be a waste of money. I'd much rather watch Japanese shows anyway. I want a combination of Eurosport and NHK/Fuji/Asahi...:popcorn:

I'm a Jdrama addict myself and watch it more than US tv nowadays, lol.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
http://mov3.co/ja/ktv/

This is the stream for Kansai/Fuji TV

(Japan Standard Time)
Men’s short: 12/25 18:30-21:24 (possible extension)
Ladies’ short/men’s free: 12/26 18:30-23:10
Ladies’ free: 12/27 19:00-21:24

There might be more, I'll keep looking around

andyjo24

Medalist
Just looking at the line up makes me :shocked:

Is it possible that Asada may not make the podium if she falters and others go clean?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Just looking at the line up makes me :shocked:

Is it possible that Asada may not make the podium if she falters and others go clean?
I think she had her worst possible skates at the GP final, while unwell - and yet she still scored 194.

Miyahara will almost certainly beat 194... Hongo can beat 194, but will need to match her personal best... and personally, I doubt any other Japanese lady is going to score that highly.

But of course, anything is possible.

On the other hand, if Mao is in better health this time... she probably won't be scoring "only" 194...! :-D

Last edited:

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Bet those times arent PST! ;)

Unfortunately, they're not :laugh: Events in China/Japan/Korea are horrible for me because of the crazy time zone! Most events begin around 3 or 4AM PST :cry:

gotoschool

Medalist
I think she had her worst possible skates at the GP final, while unwell - and yet she still scored 194.

Miyahara will almost certainly beat 194... Hongo can beat 194, but will need to match her personal best... and personally, I doubt any other Japanese lady is going to score that highly.

But of course, anything is possible.

On the other hand, if Mao is in better health this time... she probably won't be scoring "only" 194...! :-D

Mao also had 2 very harsh ur calls in her SP that other skaters didn't receive, though I did see some, and all Mao would have to do if she really cared about placements is replace the triple lutz with a triple salchow or triple toe, which I wish she would. I don't think Mao should have skated the LP with the stomach flu.

icekiwi

On the Ice
you may want to post your predictions to the actual Prediction Games Thread :)

Thanks, Matmuh!

I have had problem finding the right place to put in my predictions. I better go and check the rest of my other predictions. Got the feeling I have put them anywhere and everywhere. If you notice anywhere I have put in wrongly, let me know.

Thanks again!

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Just saw a tweet from Tessa Virtue saying they are off to Tokyo with the tag #Medallistsonice so it looks like they are in the exhibition. Not sure if that was known?

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Just saw a tweet from Tessa Virtue saying they are off to Tokyo with the tag #Medallistsonice so it looks like they are in the exhibition. Not sure if that was known?

Yeah, Medalists on Ice often invites other skaters to skate in their exhibition show :) Excited to see them perform.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Yeah, Medalists on Ice often invites other skaters to skate in their exhibition show :) Excited to see them perform.

Ah, yes, I knew they did. I just didn't know that they had been asked for this one. Nice surprise for me. :)

NMURA

Medalist
World Championships
Men: Hanyu, Uno
Ladies: Miyahara, Asada, Hongo
Pairs: Suto/Boudreau-Audet
Ice Dance: - need to meet the SP minimum

Four Continents Championships
Men: Uno, Mura, Tanaka
Ladies: Miyahara, Asada, Hongo
Pairs: Suto/Boudreau-Audet
Ice Dance: Muramoto/Reed, Hirai/Asuncion

Junior Worlds
Men: Yamamoto, Nakamura, Miyata
Ladies: Higuchi, Shiraiwa, Honda
Ice Dance: Fukase/Tateno

Shayuki

Record Breaker
That's an extremely strong Jr. Worlds team. Going to be very exciting to watch Russia vs Japan round 2! (But probably should post this at The Edge)

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
No Yuzu for 4CC? Ladies world team will be going

My guess is that skaters(' teams) can tell the JSF ahead of time whether, should the skater be eligible, they'd want to go to 4CC, and Orser made the wise call to give Yuzu time to rest and regroup. I think it's a bad idea for Mao to go, and I don't think Satoko would benefit from it either. I keep bracing for this skate to be the skate where she shows she's not a(n extremely expressive) robot (with gorgeous lines).

Last edited: