Japanese Nationals 2015-16 Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Japanese Nationals 2015-16 Ladies SP

peese

Medalist
Searching all over the internet and fuji tv but not finding anything, although not very computer tech savvy!

coconutpunch

Rinkside
Really surprised this isn't being shown live. Tried all the streams and nothing, so if anyone magically finds something, keep us posted! Pooey!!!
Unlike the men's SP, the ladies SP do not coincide with prime time in Japan, so Fuji TV is basically milking and delaying things for better ratings. As usual.

They actually skipped Yuzuru's FS (foolishly so, IMO, since this was after his JGPF win) back in 2009 when he placed 6th overall. It took years for footage from that particular competition to emerge since only one camera was rolling when Yuzuru skated that time; the camera crew was probably under the notion that since he was skating early, he was some unknown skater not worth paying attention to (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pohcy). :disagree: I think other longtime Yuzuru fans may remember this too--it really was a terrible decision on their part. Hopefully they won't make the same silly mistake again, especially since both Yuna S. and Yuna A. are in Group 1.

eta

Medalist
Fuji TV will show some performances for both ladies sp and men fs in less than 4 hours.

Edit: Make that 3 hrs 40 mins.

Last edited:

AprilS

On the Ice
Unlike the men's SP, the ladies SP do not coincide with prime time in Japan, so Fuji TV is basically milking and delaying things for better ratings. As usual.

They actually skipped Yuzuru's FS (foolishly so, IMO, since this was after his JGPF win) back in 2009 when he placed 6th overall. It took years for footage from that particular competition to emerge since only one camera was rolling when Yuzuru skated that time; the camera crew was probably under the notion that since he was skating early, he was some unknown skater not worth paying attention to (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pohcy). :disagree: I think other longtime Yuzuru fans may remember this too--it really was a terrible decision on their part. Hopefully they won't make the same silly mistake again, especially since both Yuna S. and Yuna A. are in Group 1.

Ugh. Seriously. I mean, if they already have the camera's set up, it can't cost that much more to record everything :curse:

peese

Medalist
Almost 1am EST time here in Toronto. By the time this comes on I am going to be half snapped at the rate I'm going with cocktails!! Or asleep....

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
After G2, top ranking

1 Yuna Shiraiwa 61.92
2. Rin Nitaya 60.10
3. Yuna Aoki 58.96
4. Hinano Isobe 55.69
5. Kaori Sakamoto 53.90

After 1G:

1Y. Shiraiwa 61.92
2Y. Aoki 58.96
3H. Isobe 55.69
4H. Suzuki 51.49
5M. Oba 49.52
6M. Taniguchi 37.08

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
pretty low scores . wheres the inflation

Unlike other nationals, the judging panel at Japanese Nationals doesn't seem to grossly overscore their skaters :confused2: Has its benefits and drawbacks, I guess. This was also the case for last year, if I remember clearly. There were some pretty harsh calls :laugh:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
G3 on ice now

Thank you for all your live updates!!

Not sure if it has been posted yet, but this website is similar to ISU results with live score updates, but unless you can read Japanese Kanji characters, you'll have to run it through Google Translate to figure out the skaters names :)

Additionally, this website offers live update summaries as well as score reports. Also in Japanese, so if you can't read it, google translate is helpful!