Hopes for Boston2016! | Golden Skate

Hopes for Boston2016!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What are the things you are hoping for, dreaming of, wishing for when it comes to Boston?

I am sitting here watching SBS's coverage of Skate Canada and writing all my flights and the Worlds schedule into my new 2016 diary, and these come to mind:

- I hope that I will see Hanyu live and finally "get" him. :agree:

- I hope that I will see Brendan skate beautifully and cleanly so you can all "get" him! :biggrin:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I understand what you mean by "getting" skaters :) My opinions sometimes change about a skater after seeing them live.

I'm hoping the balcony seats at the TD Garden won't be too bad, because those are the seats I have for the Mens FS! :laugh:

In general, I'm hoping that all my favorite skaters go clean so I can watch them live without having to be sad :laugh:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
For Hanyu to win Gold and put out spectacular skates. My bank account will heartbroken and I'll be depressed and pissed if he doesn't win.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I have...a lot of hopes for Boston :laugh:
I hope Davis/White and Virtue/Moir come back.
I guess that's not the idea of the topic sooo..

I hope Yuzu will be pleased with his performance (this includes way more than I can say by "gold" or "world record" or "quad sal and level 4 step seq")
I hope Denis has a(nother) wonderful performance because we can't have a season without a breathtaking skate from him (unfortunately no more than one or two..)
I hope to see (probably for the last time ) Javi's super SP clean with 2 quads
I hope Shoma gets on the podium (Yuzu, Denis, Javi and Shoma...I don't care there's place only for 3 men on the podium :drama:)
I hope Mao skates great and the 3A will be fine...and I hope to see that beautiful FS clean or at least almost clean
I hope Gracie skates clean and gets on the podium (I can dream, right?)
I hope Anna Pogo makes it to Boston and skates well and finally put a smile on that beautiful face
I hope to see once more Rika's superb Riverdance clean
(not nice to say) I hope the Shibs finish higher than Chock/Bates
I hope the lovely french return and get on the podium
(nothing about Anna and Luca, I'm sure they'll be great)
I hope we'll have a magical Volosozhar/Trankov vs Stolbova/Klimov (and I'll be happy no matter which couple wins:biggrin:)
I hope GPF motivated Duhamel/Radford to improve their performances (competition is good, they really needed this)

+I want bromance moments
I want Trankov moments
I want to see Ksenia smiling
I want quads, lots of quads
I don't want to see any sad/injured skaters

Last edited:

winky97

Medalist
I understand what you mean by "getting" skaters :) My opinions sometimes change about a skater after seeing them live.

I'm hoping the balcony seats at the TD Garden won't be too bad, because those are the seats I have for the Mens FS! :laugh:

In general, I'm hoping that all my favorite skaters go clean so I can watch them live without having to be sad :laugh:

I share ur hopes about the balcony seats since I am up there for everything except ladies short and long.

I hope the Elena Radionova will come and do two clean programs and continue her streak of getting onto the podium.

I hope the one US lady, any one US lady will end the run of US ladies not making the podium and grab a ladies individual medal.

I hope the US men will field a team that will do something worth cheering about.

Finally, nothing to do with skating, I hope to have some good lobster Mac and cheese!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. I hope Yuzuru will skate lights out both times and win his 2nd title.
2. I hope Jason qualifies and places in the top 6 again.
3. I hope Kevin Reynolds qualifies for Worlds....that is IF he does well enough at Nationals and IF he does 4CC so he can get the minimum score. Sigh. But that's near impossible...I mean the chances are. I'm sure he'll do better at nationals this year than last year, but still, with Nam improving and Patrick back, that's going to be near impossible, especially with only 2 spots for Worlds. I mean....gosh....I'm wishing too much.
4. For a ladies' single skater to break 80 points in the SP.
5. The USA to finally medal for the first time in 10 years at Worlds for the ladies discipline.
6. Japan to skate well enough to get back 3 spots for men's.
7. ShibSibs to medal.
8. Fun announcer. Like I know they won't be able to top the announcer from the Barcelona GPF/JGPF, but come close at least.
9. That there will be enough seats left by January 15 for me to buy for the men's FP and possibly one on the lower level so I can throw the hat I made for Yuzuru to the ground. That Winnie the Pooh hat with Yuzuru's name in Japanese needs to get to him.
10. That the pairs teams go clean.

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Hoping that Hanyu finally uses his experiences from past years and for the first time will be injuiry free and prepared for this :disapp:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
For everybody to do well, but in particular:

The Russian men. I really like their programs.

Yuzuru Hanyu, simply because I cannot stand reading interviews about his regrets and guilts and whatevers. Just for once, I would like for the guy to just do a 180 turn and say he is happy about everything. Not likely to ever happen, but a girl can dream.

And I'm with cheerknithanson on this one, I would like to see Kevin Reynolds to make the team. Instead of Patrick Chan, please.

And on very selfish level, I wish I can stay awake during the dead of nights, cuz the US east coast is a terrible timezone for me. :-(

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And I'm with cheerknithanson on this one, I would like to see Kevin Reynolds to make the team. Instead of Patrick Chan, please.

Thanks! I will admit that Patrick is very elegant on the ice, but I really want to see Kevin there!!!! Probably could be my only chance of seeing him skate live....well maybe I'm not sure. I'm trying to think of the worst so I don't get delusional.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
For all skaters to enter and leave the competition injury-free.

Then to skate their very best. I'd wish for them to medal but I've learned that sometimes even without a medal, there are skaters that can give you the performance of a lifetime. Keeping my hopes as low as possible so I won't curse any of them to be honest.

And last but not least, I hope the T (public transportation here in Boston/Mass) doesn't fail and a make fool of itself when carrying so many spectators from all over the world to and from the venue as well as around the city.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope that I don't lose any more favourites from here on in and that I will see them all skate well in Boston, even if my Queen and the Prince are not there. :sad21:

Oh, and I hope that Max finishes the best of the Americans. Yes, even if my Joshua and Jason go. This is a complex web of emotions so nobody touch it please :drama:

firal

Record Breaker
I am hoping that I can successfully smuggle food items into the arena; never been to Worlds but GP series haven't been a problem

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I want to see USA earn 3 spots in all disciplines. That is likely my main goal.

Actually... i want to see as many countries as possible earn 3/2 spots... but that is just how i roll.

Bonnie F

On the Ice
I'm hoping the weather isn't frigid and that there isn't snow on the ground so I can do some site seeing on foot. As to the competition... I am excited for whatever happens. For the first time in a while I don't have an absolute favorite in any event so no matter who wins I won't feel disappointed. I am hoping for in-rink commentary like at nationals last year. For someone like me, who is no expert at identifying jumps and levels, this was a great feature. Finally I'm just excited for a week off from work, time spent with hubby and a new city to explore, hopefully great skating will be the icing on the cake!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The northeast has had a mild fall/early winter so far, so I'm hoping no major snow in late March, but we'll see as it gets closer.

I'm just looking forward to seeing the live competition of all of these amazing skaters. Let's hope they all stay injury free or recover soon from whatever is bothering them at the moment.

I'm especially happy that Mao will be going to Worlds as well as the rest of the Japanese skaters - Yuzu, Shoma and Satoko will be a highlight as well.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
if it does snow you will all see karne frolicking outside squeaking, tossing snow around, building snowmen, squealing snowsnowsnowsnowsnow

Bonesfan

On the Ice
if it does snow you will all see karne frolicking outside squeaking, tossing snow around, building snowmen, squealing snowsnowsnowsnowsnow

LOLOL

In addition to all the skaters doing their best, I hope to meet many of you in Boston! I'll be sitting in Loge 2.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
my dream podiums:

Yuzuru
Shoma
Denis

Mao
Elena
Rika

Tania/Max
Wenjing/Cong
Ksenia/Fedor